PDA

View Full Version : Dudy Noble Field renovation/expansion to be announced tomorrow?

CadaverDawg
06-27-2013, 12:16 AM
I saw where Sterling on SPS posted this....does anyone know if true? This would be great timing to announce this if true. We'll see. Not sure who that person is that he is speaking of.

Link...

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?110228-DNF-Expansion-and-Renovation-Will-Be-Announced-Tomorrow-Night

Raytoraid83
06-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Friend on the team told me same thing a couple days ago. Not sure when the announcement date is though.

state66
06-27-2013, 01:26 AM
Badass no idea this was coming or even in talks of happening. Best surprise ever after an amazing CWS run.

Todd4State
06-27-2013, 01:42 AM
I've heard some rumors about it. I know that there have been some long range plans to update Dudy-Noble, but they were going to take care of football first. However, that was before the baseball team went on their run. When a team does well like that, sometimes boosters step up and make things happen or plans get changed.

CadaverDawg
06-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Still don't know if anything is actually going to be announced, but several people on twitter are saying tonight will have videos, interviews, and other special things. I am wondering if they will reveal plans to renovate and expand The Dude at tonight's event?

By the way, the event will be on Hailstate.com

The Croom Diaries
06-27-2013, 02:05 PM
I would imagine if there is an announcement it would be along the lines of "MSU has contracted with _____ architectural firm to renovate DNF". And then maybe express some of the goals and priorities of the renovation/expansion.

SaltyDawg
06-27-2013, 04:52 PM
I would imagine if there is an announcement it would be along the lines of "MSU has contracted with _____ architectural firm to renovate DNF". And then maybe express some of the goals and priorities of the renovation/expansion.

Exactly. If it is announced tonight it will be very vague. It would be difficult for anything to be in place at this point and not be known.

archdog
06-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Exactly. If it is announced tonight it will be very vague. It would be difficult for anything to be in place at this point and not be known.

Hope they let people compete for the job. Lots of architects in this state never get a chance to submit a proposal on renovating their school's athletic facilities. If they do name an architect tomorrow, I assure you that they went with the obvious choice Populous and Bob Luke again. I have not seen a RFQ nor an RFP for the work.

GumpDawg
06-28-2013, 06:33 AM
I would hope this wasn't just a coincidence she was on campus.

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2013/05/stadium_architect_janet_marie.html

FISHDAWG
06-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Dean Dale & Dean used to have a pretty good in with the state board

Skyhawk
08-02-2013, 06:17 AM
It has been announced now and for a long time i was searching about the fix date of announcement but could not found it anywhere. Now I am quite happy to find this.
It is really interesting for me also to find it thus.

The Croom Diaries
08-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Doing some drunk message board posting Skyhawk?