03-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Ummm. Sure.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-21-2015, 07:23 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/I-dont-believe-you.gif

Coach34
03-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Just passing along

if we do have "our guy"- he will be named by Mon-Tue. Valuable recruiting time right now is ticking every second

Coach34
03-21-2015, 07:33 PM
And just like that- a text saying:

"Howland is in play and another coach still in the Tourney"

gotta love it

msstate7
03-21-2015, 07:39 PM

gotta love it

The coach in the tourney has to Ron hunter of Georgia st. They just bowed out

Outside Dawg
03-21-2015, 07:51 PM
4. Mike White is in play because he realizes Kennedy ain't leaving anytime soon

Well, White's LaTech team plays our favorite Aggie on Monday night in the NIT. Should have our boards all riled up yet again.

msstate7
03-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Well, White's LaTech team plays our favorite Aggie on Monday night in the NIT. Should have our boards all riled up yet again.

White vs stansbury... Winner gets our HC job***

Quaoarsking
03-21-2015, 07:56 PM

gotta love it

Chris Holtmann of Butler? He's just an interim coach, so I don't know if they're planning to make him permanent or if he'll be looking for a new job soon.

I don't know who else it could possibly be among Tournament head coaches still playing, other than the Georgia State guy.

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Just passing things along- take it for what it's worth:

1. Keenum made the call- from 3 different people
2. Want a coach named within 2 weeks
3. Howland is a pipe dream
4. Mike White is in play because he realizes Kennedy ain't leaving anytime soon

just passing along

Is this the same source that said Ray would 100% be back? LOL. I'll admit I don't have a source that is any good now. I DID have two during the Stans era. They were much more reliable than yours back then.

Coach34
03-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Didn't get a name- posted exactly what the text said

Coach34
03-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Is this the same source that said Ray would 100% be back? LOL. I'll admit I don't have a source that is any good now. I DID have two during the Stans era. They were much more reliable than yours back then.

it's a message board. I pass along shit I hear- quite often I get great Intel- sometime it sux. Nature of the beast

You're on this board because it provides good info- if you don't like it? Get the **** out

Maroonthirteen
03-21-2015, 08:14 PM
Gosh I hope White isn't seriously being considered. An OM guy would excite very few....his wife is a former OM athlete....no.

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2015, 08:19 PM
it's a message board. I pass along shit I hear- quite often I get great Intel- sometime it sux. Nature of the beast

You're on this board because it provides good info- if you don't like it? Get the **** out

LOL, I bet you actually believe that. I'm on this board because you don't allow obvious Rebel/bear/shark trash. That is what got me banned from your previous abode. For that you and the other mods deserve major kudos. You also usually allow dissenting voices within the family. That I also applaud and I enjoy debating along those lines. Your personal info for football is usually really good. Your basketball info is usually total crap and has been for a long time. I don't know if that is because you have crap sources or if your obvious personal hatred of the previous regime blinded you. Again I will admit I don't have great sources now. During the Stans era I had one that was hooked in VERY well, and still is to some degree. He may be again. When my Dad was alive and we went to nearly every game I had another one that was VERY good that wasn't connected to anyone official officially. Your sources when I could compare them to what I knew were REALLY good ones were CRAP when it came to basketball. Take that for what it's worth. Given your past record I pretty much trust what you say for football. I don't for basketball.

Homedawg
03-21-2015, 08:26 PM

Things change bro. Deal with it or don't read it. Either way

Homedawg
03-21-2015, 08:27 PM

Did they tell you stans was getting canned if he didn't except the rules? Doubt it.

engie
03-21-2015, 08:32 PM

gotta love it

Options(on varying degrees) still dancing(I'm assuming that money WILL NOT be an issue on any level whatsoever):
Holtmann(Butler)
Marshall(Wichita)
Jacobsen(Northern Iowa)
Miller(Dayton)
Fisher(San Diego St)
Mack(Xavier)

Those are the midmajors anyway...

I seen it dawg
03-21-2015, 08:33 PM
No way on Marshall, Miller, and Mack

Outside Dawg
03-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Fisher is 69 years old, so that's doubtful.

Quaoarsking
03-21-2015, 08:44 PM
All of the current head coaches in the tournament are doubtful (or less). The only one who would realistically take our job is the Georgia State guy, and I think we can aim higher. (Apparently Holtmann has been named Butler's permanent coach so he's not an interim anymore.)

I don't say this as a slight to Mississippi State -- it just is what it is.

I think Howland is the best choice out there. Hopefully SS can reel him in.

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2015, 08:47 PM
Did they tell you stans was getting canned if he didn't except the rules? Doubt it.

They did tell me he was under heavy pressure, yes. I wasn't predicting he would 100% be back a few days before he was fired, unlike some this time.

RossDawg82
03-21-2015, 08:51 PM
How much you wanna bet Strickland pulls out an assistant from some obscure school. Happened last time 😉

dawgoneyall
03-21-2015, 08:55 PM
One of the biggest screw ups in MSU history was not hiring Bobby Franklin in 86.

Coach34
03-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Options(on varying degrees) still dancing(I'm assuming that money WILL NOT be an issue on any level whatsoever):
Holtmann(Butler)
Marshall(Wichita)
Jacobsen(Northern Iowa)
Miller(Dayton)
Fisher(San Diego St)
Mack(Xavier)

Those are the midmajors anyway...

jacobsen is my guess

NeshobaChuck
03-21-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm still saying Marshall

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2015, 09:07 PM
I predicted last time that anyone that was on our fantasy list or we had heard of was probably beyond our reach given the circumstances. I'm not that pessimistic this time. We still face an uphill battle.

msstate7
03-21-2015, 09:08 PM
I'm still saying Marshall

I think our odds of winning out in baseball are much greater than getting Marshall. Remember bama has an opening too. I think most coaches will look at that job more favorably. If Marshall was looking to come to the sec this year, it'd be the tide imo. I don't think Marshall is going anywhere though

engie
03-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Jacobsen is pre-final 4 Gregg Marshall... Let's hope they bow out now... His resume at Northern Iowa is ridiculous. He's been arguably my realistic favorite all along. People forget he already has a Sweet 16 there. Msu is not a tougher place to win than Northern Iowa...

Coach34
03-21-2015, 09:10 PM
No chance on Marshall imo- Wichita pays him very well. And he has an easy path to the NCAA Tourney there

engie
03-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Marshall makes about $1.75 mil there...A number that we could double if we were convinced we just had to have him...

engie
03-21-2015, 09:39 PM
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20150322-iwdu-72kb.jpg

Great development coach... No idea on his recruiting...

I don't think you can ever know from a strictly small school guy that's never been in the bigtime even though he's won on a very high level...

MabenMaroon
03-21-2015, 09:47 PM
Brad Underwood, ties with Texas, Kansas and Illinois, assisted under Frank Martin at KSU ( should know discipline ), 61-8 in first two years as a head coach at a school with that has had a pretty good run in D1 basketball the past 10/12 years ( should know importance of succeeding in program with high expectations ), current salary around 200k ( should be easy to offer 5X+ ). Was still in the tourney when some of these tweets or texts were originally started or rumored. Nacogdoches, TX similar to StarkVegas in community type aspects.

Dawg61
03-21-2015, 09:53 PM
I'm guessing the coach still in the tourney earlier today is at Cincinnati. Mick Cronin has a health issue keeping him from coaching this year. They have an interim whose the associate head coach that's coached them almost the entire year. Cronin is supposed to be well again to take back over again next year or he could just step aside for his boy and let him keep the Cincy job and Cronin starts new somewhere else. This is my guess.

quickstrike2
03-21-2015, 10:13 PM

I like the board, just you swore by this for quite a few weeks. A friendly pointing of that out with *****.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-21-2015, 10:35 PM
I've heard the same on Keenum forcing Stricklin to make a move.

Coach34
03-21-2015, 10:37 PM

its out everywhere that is what happened

Dawg61
03-21-2015, 10:40 PM

See all the bitching does serve a purpose! Someone got in someone's ear and atleast one of those two have been on this board before I guarantee.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Since we're throwing out "I'm hearing" things. Ben Howland & Brad Underwood are the 2 names I'm hearing right now. Would be happy with either of those 2.

Dawg61
03-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Since we're throwing out "I'm hearing" things. Ben Howland & Brad Underwood are the 2 names I'm hearing right now. Would be happy with either of those 2.

I'd be ecstatic

msstate7
03-21-2015, 10:50 PM
There's an sps thread on eric musselman. Some posters there like him. What you guys think?

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2015, 11:00 PM
My guess is nearly all of what is "out there" is total bs.

engie
03-21-2015, 11:05 PM
I'd be great with Underwood. Alot of experience in the southeast and a short, but sparking resume as a HC...

ChevChelios
03-21-2015, 11:06 PM
I wanted NI's Jacobson the first time we where searching... Fingers crossed.

ScottH
03-21-2015, 11:07 PM
My guess is nearly all of what is "out there" is total bs.

Probably the most accurate post of the day.

engie
03-21-2015, 11:10 PM

On Underwood...
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24949402/sfas-brad-underwood-is-proving-its-never-too-late-to-win-big

KB21
03-21-2015, 11:43 PM
I predicted last time that anyone that was on our fantasy list or we had heard of was probably beyond our reach given the circumstances. I'm not that pessimistic this time. We still face an uphill battle.

It isn't quite the uphill battle it was 3 years ago. Rick Ray did clean the program of the stench Stansbury left that kept other coaches from even considering the job.

Does Scott go after Steve Prohm again after he turned the job down twice? I know that Prohm left $1.8 million on the table to stay at Murray State. IMO, he's the guy to go get.

msstate7
03-21-2015, 11:44 PM
It isn't quite the uphill battle it was 3 years ago. Rick Ray did clean the program of the stench Stansbury left that kept other coaches from even considering the job.

Does Scott go after Steve Prohm again after he turned the job down twice? I know that Prohm left $1.8 million on the table to stay at Murray State. IMO, he's the guy to go get.

Won't he be going to bama?

ScottH
03-21-2015, 11:58 PM

Maybe after they whiff on a half dozen other pipe dreams and they are mystified why they wouldn't crawl to Tuscaloosa.

HSVDawg
03-22-2015, 12:17 AM

No idea if he gets an offer, but if you read their fan sites he is way down on their list. Rollbamaroll even went as far to say that hiring him would be a "big mistake" in the fact that his credentials aren't even as good as Anthony Grant's were when he was hired, and they know how that turned out. Make no mistake though, he would crawl to Tuscaloosa if offered. I actually think a big reason he turned us down the first time is that he figured Grant's seat was getting warmer so he could wait out for the Bama job. If Stricklin and the powers that be decide he's the guy, they'll most likely at least have to wait for Bama to fill their post before he accepts.

shannondawg
03-22-2015, 07:14 AM
If Keenum is going around telling people he forced Scott to make the move., he needs his ass kicked. I'm sure that Scott discussed it with his boss before doing so, but Keenum I don't believe would force Scott to make the move , not at least without checking with his wife first.

pivey14
03-22-2015, 07:44 AM
I get great Intel- sometime it sux. Nature of the beast

It sucks all the time. You're the worst

1bigdawg
03-22-2015, 08:02 AM
If Keenum is going around telling people he forced Scott to make the move., he needs his ass kicked.

First, Keenum is not spreading the rumor. But I do believe he sat down with Stricklin and laid out why he believed it needed to happen. It was not a "fire him or your gone" kind of thing.

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 09:09 AM
It sucks all the time. You're the worst

You won't make it far today punk bitch.

Thick
03-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Liverpool....before turning this thread into a "gotcha Coach34" debacle. Try refreshing your ****ing memory on what has been said regarding the subject. KEENUM made the call, not STRICKLIN! Stricklin has previously told all concerned bball boosters that Ray would get another year, hence Ray's comment in the paper and such as having the "confidence" of the administration backing him. Some of those same concerned bball boosters sit on the President's Council or Board, and they have also been working Keenum, thus Keenum TOLD Stricklin that Ray is a fart in the wind.

Thick
03-22-2015, 09:13 AM
By the way dumbasses, Keenum is not going around pounding his chest about the situation. Some of the boosters have leaked it. Keenum and Stricklin have a good relationship, but an executive decision always trumps the AD. Nothing personal, just business.

Thick
03-22-2015, 09:17 AM
Pivey, if you don't like what you read here. Take your 9 post ,salad tossing ass over to 6 Pack with the rest of the OM crowd and post there!

DawgInMemphis
03-22-2015, 09:39 AM
Wichita also lets Marshall and his family use the school's private jet whenever they want. I don't think he leaves there for anything other than a blue blood job.

Spiderman
03-22-2015, 10:58 AM
One of the biggest screw ups in MSU history was not hiring Bobby Franklin in 86.

Wrong.... Steve Spurrier in '86

Dawg61
03-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Wichita also lets Marshall and his family use the school's private jet whenever they want. I don't think he leaves there for anything other than a blue blood job.

If Marshall ever leaves Counzo Martin is gonna beg for that job so he can use their jet whenever he wants

pivey14
03-22-2015, 11:34 AM
You won't make it far today punk bitch.

The horror.

On a related note, to anyone who thinks this is going to be an easy hire, you need to take a big step back and take a long hard look at the state of our program. Ray left it in shambles, and no highly successful egotistical coach is going to simply say, "hey, **** it, let's try something new over in Starkville." And before you say, "we have the money"....well we really ****ing don't. Basketball is a third sport here, and no big name guy who requires big name money is gonna jump on that.

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 11:47 AM
The horror.

On a related note, to anyone who thinks this is going to be an easy hire, you need to take a big step back and take a long hard look at the state of our program. Ray left it in shambles, and no highly successful egotistical coach is going to simply say, "hey, **** it, let's try something new over in Starkville." And before you say, "we have the money"....well we really ****ing don't. Basketball is a third sport here, and no big name guy who requires big name money is gonna jump on that.

Read more click ads post less.

War Machine Dawg
03-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Read more click ads post less.

The assclown has to be a BearShark troll.

http://i.imgur.com/Zz5kJVY.gif

Coach34
03-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Pivey is actually an SECRant troll

pivey14
03-22-2015, 12:01 PM
The assclown has to be a BearShark troll.

http://i.imgur.com/Zz5kJVY.gif

And you wonder why some of you paint such a bad picture for the solids posters on here. What I stated is the reality of our situation. It's completely unbiased, 100% true, and needs 0 sources to back it up. But rest assured, cause you must know that I'm just some OM alter coming here from some bullshit "Network". Give it a rest spy kids.

pivey14
03-22-2015, 12:03 PM
yes, I'm a troll who attends the university he's trolling. Makes perfect sense.

Coach34
03-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Well actually Piv, it looks like we about to hire a guy with a few Final Fours on his resume- so the job seems to be viewed a lot better now that the Stands Stench is gone

War Machine Dawg
03-22-2015, 12:07 PM
yes, I'm a troll who attends the university he's trolling. Makes perfect sense.

Says the guy who's done nothing but be a total asshole or said nothing but negative things about State in all 12 of his posts. Yeah, no way you aren't a troll.***** At the very least.....

http://i.imgur.com/E2j56iD.gif

engie
03-22-2015, 12:48 PM
The horror.

Saved for the lulz...

KB21
03-22-2015, 01:38 PM
The horror.

Ray didn't leave the program in shambles. That was Rick Stansbury that left the program in shambles. Rick Ray has made the program presentable once again. Three years ago, no credible coach would have touched this job with a 10 foot pole. Rick Ray was hired to be the fall guy that cleans the program up for the next coach. Rick Ray has made this a program that can now possibly lure a coach the caliber of Ben Howland. Three years ago, Ben Howland would not have given a second thought at this job.

RougeDawg
03-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Well actually Piv, it looks like we about to hire a guy with a few Final Fours on his resume- so the job seems to be viewed a lot better now that the Stands Stench is gone

Or Could it be that we are now actually willing to pay for what we need? We could have hired a great coach last time if we had brought a big enough wallet. We tried to nickel and dime our way to basketball success and hopefully learned the hard way.

Really Clark?
03-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Or Could it be that we are now actually willing to pay for what we need? We could have hired a great coach last time if we had brought a big enough wallet. We tried to nickel and dime our way to basketball success and hopefully learned the hard way.

Yeah that's not true. There were very good offers out there last time for more money than we paid for Ray. Still had the job turned down. It wasn't just about money last time.

Really Clark?
03-22-2015, 02:05 PM

Yeah that's not true. There were very good offers out there last time for more money than we paid for Ray. Still had the job turned down. It wasn't just about money last time.

mstatefan91
03-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Why has the troll not been banned yet?

Is he providing entertainment for some of you?

Coach34
03-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Why has the troll not been banned yet?

Is he providing entertainment for some of you?

Pivey is more of a dumbass than a troll

yjnkdawg
03-22-2015, 03:07 PM
The horror.

Not an easy hire? So how many potential coaching candidates have you interviewed for our head coach position? And no, the program is not in shambles.

TimberBeast
03-22-2015, 08:45 PM

That's not even remotely true. I don't know where some of you people get info but it's wrong 90% of the time, look at KB21's bullshit posts here lately, just complete nonsense. And anyone that believe's c34's stuff is a special kind of stupid. He has never been right about anything, he is literally making shit up to make it seem like he knows something but when he's wrong every time people should start realizing that he is never right. Come on people use your brains.

Coach34
03-22-2015, 08:48 PM
That's not even remotely true. I don't know where some of you people get info but it's wrong 90% of the time, look at KB21's bullshit posts here lately, just complete nonsense. And anyone that believe's c34's stuff is a special kind of stupid. He has never been right about anything, he is literally making shit up to make it seem like he knows something but when he's wrong every time people should start realizing that he is never right. Come on people use your brains.

So Deshea wasn't the DC for the bowl game? Because I was the first to report it here.
Was I wrong about Dakota's fight? Because I broke that story here

Go **** yourself hater

engie
03-22-2015, 09:05 PM
Trolls comin out of the woodwork today...

Dallas_Dawg
03-22-2015, 09:09 PM
Trolls comin out of the woodwork today...

Ben Howland has scared the trolls out of hiding

Really Clark?
03-22-2015, 09:19 PM

Understand Prohme was offered $1.8 mil and turned it down. Drew was going to make more than Ray and turned it down. Why don't you research things a little before saying someone else is giving false info.

mic
03-22-2015, 09:51 PM

I know for a fact the offer and sales pitch that was used to try and get Marshall 3 years ago was basically laughed it...

Reunion Dog
03-22-2015, 09:52 PM
BOOM! right on shannondawg!

Really Clark?
03-22-2015, 10:00 PM
I know for a fact the offer and sales pitch that was used to try and get Marshall 3 years ago was basically laughed it...

And the Prohme offer? Drew? Marshall wasn't the only offer regardless of his offer there were good offers. I will say I think the better offers came later in the process. And Drew was close. With him and Prohme it's wasn't just money the reason they turned down the job.

Bully13
03-22-2015, 10:21 PM
quit jerking your peckers....the only thing that matters right now is whether or not we get Holland. anything else at this moment is just pecker jerking .....

dawgoneyall
03-22-2015, 10:57 PM
Yes.. You are correct. Spurrier actually set at the AD's desk to sign the contract and the AD screwed it up. Then we failed to contact franklin. That was a total mistake.

Carr was and I assume still is a complete idiot.

dawgoneyall
03-22-2015, 11:01 PM
Reply to spiderman. for some reason not replying to the correct post