PDA

View Full Version : So, MStateBaseball, who gets 35 wins first?

TopDog58
03-21-2015, 06:30 PM
The "bad" Ole Miss team who has already won the series against the top ranked team or Cohen's newly unranked bunting bunch?

msstate7
03-21-2015, 06:31 PM
Or neither?

Homedawg
03-21-2015, 06:35 PM
Neither at this point. Tough road ahead for both

klong-dog
03-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Regardless they have a MUCH better chance at post season play than we do.

shoeless joe
03-21-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure either will. But I hope this puts to rest the thought that Bianco can't coach baseball. I hope they lose every game, because they are ole miss... And I don't blame anyone who doesn't like Bianco for the sole reason of who he coaches for. But the bottom line is that the guy fields competitive teams every yea and gets a good bit out of his guys. Also, he apparently makes sure to surround himself with good assistants.

I wouldn't trade with them but the bears definitely have a quality baseball coach.

MabenMaroon
03-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Our softball team***

MsStateBaseball
03-22-2015, 08:53 AM
I still think the same. I think we will grow up and become better as the season progresses, still 30 games left and when we get in a groove and pick up momentum we will win some games. We lack confidence right now.

I don't think OM can keep going like they are over the season. Florida has all the talent but no offense, they win by pitching. When you pitch well you will beat Fla. We shall see.

engie
03-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Bottom line is -- through this first month in which you've started 4 or 5 threads telling us how terrible they were -- they are very close to being in line to host right now, and if it was based strictly in RPI they would be locked in. The beauty of using RPI to help you rather than destroy you, as some of us harped on in the preseason...

MsStateBaseball
03-22-2015, 09:18 AM
They have little depth, playing true freshmen in the field all the time, Bianco always messes it up. It will catch up to them. No way they host. Closest teams to host are LSU and Vanderbilt. Plus the push is always on to host in Midwest, etc,.

Trust me I would rather struggle right now than later.

engie
03-22-2015, 09:23 AM
They have little depth, playing true freshmen in the field all the time, Bianco always messes it up. It will catch up to them. No way they host. Closest teams to host are LSU and Vanderbilt. Plus the push is always on to host in Midwest, etc,.

Trust me I would rather struggle right now than later.

If they are in line to host right now with a bunch of freshmen playing positions -- you honestly believe those freshmen are going to get worse as the season goes on? You are being blinded by your hatred for them. They started about as bad as they logically could -- are still in position to host -- and their bats are starting to get going now...

Saltydog
03-22-2015, 09:25 AM
they were 4-3 against Louisville, LSU and UF. Even with a loss today they will be .500 against some tuff competition. On the other hand, we would likely be 0-8.

MsStateBaseball
03-22-2015, 09:35 AM
I am looking at the big picture and going off my baseball experience.

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 09:44 AM
they were 4-3 against Louisville, LSU and UF. Even with a loss today they will be .500 against some tuff competition. On the other hand, we would likely be 0-8.

We are 1-5 vs Bama and KY.....They are much better than us today. Their leaders are leading, ours are checked out. This Senior class needs to exit yesterday.

ScottH
03-22-2015, 09:46 AM

They actually played a DH yesterday. Lost 8-4 in the 2nd game.

That's a quality 4-4.

If you throw in UCF, they are 5-6 vs top 10 competition (depending on which poll you look at).

Their SOS is currently #1.

And we're 3-7 likely vs Pine Bluff, WKU, BAMA KY EIU. Never in a million years would I have dreamed of this. Never.

basedog
03-22-2015, 10:16 AM
MsStateBaseball, I enjoy your post, but I don't see what you are seeing as for as turning this thing around this season. I hope you are right but I ain't buying it, we looked lost with no enthusiasm right now. Btw, Kentucky and Bama are not regional teams either, our schedule will get tougher.

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Spot on. Our upperclassmen leadership is dogshit right now. These guys have checked out. I would just as soon play the rest of the year without them and let the young guys play. As a group they suck right now.

I'm calling you out Mitchell, Rea, Fitts, Heck, Britton, Vickerson, Walker, Laster. You guys need to take a long look in the mirror and figure out that 2013 IS NOT YOUR LEGACY 2015 is. You guys are writing your own history and it looks like shit.

MsStateBaseball
03-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Well that may be true. For example, Rea didn't dive, get dirty on the could down the RF line. Must be dirtbags to get out of slumps.

These guys are backed in a corner. They are winners. They will get tired of being abused. Every year, team gets better after all the practicing and reps. They will come out of it.

MsStateBaseball
03-22-2015, 10:48 AM
Let me be clear, I don't think Rea tried his best on that play. Very big play too. Coaches are trying to figure out what works and eventually something will.

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Let me be clear, I don't think Rea tried his best on that play. Very big play too. Coaches are trying to figure out what works and eventually something will.

It's not one play. It's an overall thing. These sr suck right now.

War Machine Dawg
03-22-2015, 11:30 AM
Well that may be true. For example, Rea didn't dive, get dirty on the could down the RF line. Must be dirtbags to get out of slumps.

These guys are backed in a corner. They are winners. They will get tired of being abused. Every year, team gets better after all the practicing and reps. They will come out of it.

Keep drinking that kool-aid, buddy. One of these days you'll catch on that this team is soft and has no heart or balls. Especially the seniors who are supposed to be the "leaders."

Jacksondevildog
03-22-2015, 11:34 AM
Also, while we are practicing "reps", other teams are doing the same. We aren't the only ones practicing hard.