PDA

View Full Version : Here for my Rick Ray Crow...

engie
03-21-2015, 01:12 PM
I was hilariously wrong about him. I owe a bunch of you an apology. I'm sorry for arguing against hope that he was going to turn it around this year and be great here. When he didn't, he didn't, and although there was improvement for a time, the last couple of games were total daggers to him in my mind. I do know that I was really excited when I saw the news that Strick had nutted up today. This goes for Preacher, D61, Maddawg, Hoops, Tcdog, Hack, etc... I know there are a bunch I'm forgetting. You were right, I was wrong, I apologize. My goal was for him to get his chance before judgement was passed -- and that happened this year. Although I frequently went well beyond "wait and see" in hopes that it was going to turn, and if someone went to the trouble to bring them back, my early posts would seem absolutely hilariously stupid right now. You look at the individual pieces we had this year -- and we should have been alot better than we were. But at any rate...

Should be able to hire decently, I would think. ALOT of good options bowed out in the first round of the NCAAs, which should keep them clearly on our radar. Given the timing, I wonder if Stricklin doesn't already have a deal in principle with one of them...

At any rate, I digress. I lost the bet with Preacher hilariously badly -- and I've been slipping up and not keeping up my end by continuing to post about basketball on here. Sorry about that.

Yes -- I've learned alot of lessons from this year. No, I won't be wholesale changing the manner in which I post, although I am going to try to tone it down a bit. If I did, it would change what I actually bring, both good and bad, to the board. People are still going to hate me when disagreeing and love me when agreeing. It is what it is...

Anyway, I've got a turkey to clean, so engie out...

msstate7
03-21-2015, 01:16 PM
You weren't the only one that was letting your heart blind your eyes. I wanted ray to succeed badly, but it wasn't to be.

Excited to see new coach

mstatefan91
03-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Get a good bird?

Dawg61
03-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Engie I say new coach means your bet with Preacher dies with Ray.

Noxdog
03-21-2015, 01:18 PM
An actual preacher made an actual bet with you???

I was hilariously wrong about him. I owe a bunch of you an apology. I'm sorry for arguing against hope that he was going to turn it around this year and be great here. When he didn't, he didn't, and although there was improvement for a time, the last couple of games were total daggers to him in my mind. I do know that I was really excited when I saw the news that Strick had nutted up today. This goes for Preacher, D61, Maddawg, Hoops, Tcdog, Hack, etc... I know there are a bunch I'm forgetting. You were right, I was wrong, I apologize. My goal was for him to get his chance before judgement was passed -- and that happened this year. Although I frequently went well beyond "wait and see" in hopes that it was going to turn, and if someone went to the trouble to bring them back, my early posts would seem absolutely hilariously stupid right now. You look at the individual pieces we had this year -- and we should have been alot better than we were. But at any rate...

Should be able to hire decently, I would think. ALOT of good options bowed out in the first round of the NCAAs, which should keep them clearly on our radar. Given the timing, I wonder if Stricklin doesn't already have a deal in principle with one of them...

At any rate, I digress. I lost the bet with Preacher hilariously badly -- and I've been slipping up and not keeping up my end by continuing to post about basketball on here. Sorry about that.

Yes -- I've learned alot of lessons from this year. No, I won't be wholesale changing the manner in which I post, although I am going to try to tone it down a bit. If I did, it would change what I actually bring, both good and bad, to the board. People are still going to hate me when disagreeing and love me when agreeing. It is what it is...

Anyway, I've got a turkey to clean, so engie out...

engie
03-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Get a good bird?

2 y/o... Was all luck on this one...

mstatefan91
03-21-2015, 01:21 PM
2 y/o... Was all luck on this one...

It's always the 2 year olds in the early part of the season. The "men" have all the hens right now

At any rate, you've done better than me

Bully13
03-21-2015, 01:21 PM
good job engie. taking it like a man. seriously, no ***.. now all we got to do is find out who made the decision. you've admitted your error, but 34 still saying he was right. LOL.

engie
03-21-2015, 01:25 PM
It's always the 2 year olds in the early part of the season. The "men" have all the hens right now

At any rate, you've done better than me

That's right. I'd hunted the "real world" the last couple of years before being back on my dad's place alot this year. The "real world" hunting taught me a whole new appreciation for the family place and how incredibly lucky I am to be a part of it. I'm far from a very good turkey hunter and I should be limited already. It's like chasing a whole different animal that's about 1/3 as smart out there...

BulldogBear
03-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Can't say I'm shocked per sey, but I had been really convinced from folks on here that he'd get another year. Still, I would just as soon move on. Let's get the right coach this time!

preachermatt83
03-21-2015, 01:30 PM
U are ok in my book Engie.. Classy move.. You are free from our bet buddy.. Lets all just get behind the new hire, whoever it is.

engie
03-21-2015, 01:31 PM
U are ok in my book Engie.. Classy move.. You are free from our bet buddy.. Lets all just get behind the new hire, whoever it is.

Agreed...

This has got to be our "Mullen" hire...

preachermatt83
03-21-2015, 01:32 PM
An actual preacher made an actual bet with you???

again, I don't know your personal vendetta against me but I have offered to meet and have lunch and discuss it like men and maybe put whatever prob you have with me at rest on two diff occasions. if you are from noxapater, we are only a few miles apart.

preachermatt83
03-21-2015, 01:33 PM
Agreed...

amen

engie
03-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Wow, Andy Katz already putting Ben Howland onto our radar. That guy, I would take. 5 Sweet 16s, 3 final 4s, one finals loss. Although it has taken him a little while to get going everywhere he's been...

We'll know if we made the right decision based on what Malik does. The "right" hire to fire people up and there's no way our alumni will miss on him. At least not for any of the reasons we've been led to believe...

Goat from MSU
03-21-2015, 01:41 PM
I am glad you are back ,but this had to be done for the long term of the program
Agreed...

engie
03-21-2015, 01:48 PM
I am glad you are back ,but this had to be done for the long term of the program

I'm fine with it. Happy even...

Now, let's go out, spend some $$, make a homerun hire, and get attendance and everything else back rolling in the right direction. Team has a chance to be formidable next year IMO...

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-21-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm taking suggestions for new usernames. The job is done. Let's be good in basketball again. Stricklin gets a second chance in my book, although I think Keenum forced him to make a move.

msstate7
03-21-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm taking suggestions for new usernames. The job is done. Let's be good in basketball again. Stricklin gets a second chance in my book, although I think Keenum forced him to make a move.

IMISSRICKRAY***

engie
03-21-2015, 03:36 PM

I dunno -- if he was forced to make the move -- you certainly wouldn't think he'd be given full control of the next hire as it appears he will be. Once that control is taken, it's generally not given back quite so quickly/seamlessly...

I think Strick just proved a bunch of his haters wrong about him. Another example of him admitting and fixing a mistake of his. As long as he continues to do this, he's going to be the best AD we've had IMO...

tcdog70
03-21-2015, 05:26 PM
In the End, we are all Bulldogs and want to win. We don't have to have the same opinions. Engie, I'm with you on Baseball and Football we just don't see basketball the same .