PDA

View Full Version : Big game today....

HancockCountyDog
03-21-2015, 10:05 AM
We can't start out 1-4 against pretty mediocre SEC competition. I really hope we bring it today, otherwise we are really putting ourselves in a hole to start the season.

Bully13
03-21-2015, 10:47 AM
we're already in a hole and we show no sign of being able to dig out of it. instead of being in the top tier of the conference where we belong, we suck as bad as the worst in the conference. oh and this team can DEFINITELY start out 1-4 against mediocre SEC competition. I would bet we could start out 1-4 against the worst.

cbrunt29
03-21-2015, 10:51 AM
We. Are. Screwed.

engie
03-21-2015, 10:57 AM
we're already in a hole and we show no sign of being able to dig out of it. instead of being in the top tier of the conference where we belong, we suck as bad as the worst in the conference. oh and this team can DEFINITELY start out 1-4 against mediocre SEC competition. I would bet we could start out 1-4 against the worst.

It's amazing to me how some people don't learn their lessons on this stuff year after year after year...

We started 3-6 in the SEC in 2013. You remember it -- the year we finished #2 in the country? But you'll melt today -- we'll win 2 -- and you'll be talking about the ship being righted and how we can get to Omaha in 30 hours. Football mentalities carrying over to baseball are always funny given the tremendously different natures of the sports. We've had a bad couple of weeks off a really good couple of weeks. We'll find out what we really are and can be in April and May. Way too early to be losing our minds about individual baseball games. We've got to finish in the top 64. Basically. Logical thoughts of hosting was lost when we dropped the first bad noncon game. That's what happens when you schedule how we did.

Sexton and Tatum both about to step up for us IMO...

mic
03-21-2015, 11:22 AM
It's amazing to me how some people don't learn their lessons on this stuff year after year after year...

We started 3-6 in the SEC in 2013. You remember it -- the year we finished #2 in the country? But you'll melt today -- we'll win 2 -- and you'll be talking about the ship being righted and how we can get to Omaha in 30 hours. Football mentalities carrying over to baseball are always funny given the tremendously different natures of the sports. We've had a bad couple of weeks off a really good couple of weeks. We'll find out what we really are and can be in April and May. Way too early to be losing our minds about individual baseball games. We've got to finish in the top 64. Basically. Logical thoughts of hosting was lost when we dropped the first bad noncon game. That's what happens when you schedule how we did.

Sexton and Tatum both about to step up for us IMO...

I agree... But I don't see any fight , balls, leaders, urgency, Ect. In this team... Hopefully someone or something lights a fire under their ass... Maybe if and when we get Collins back that will happen..

Jacksondevildog
03-21-2015, 11:35 AM
A team that got swept last weekend beat our ass 10-2 against our "Friday" night guy. We can't hit. I expect to lose the series or possibly get swept.

Drugdog
03-21-2015, 11:40 AM
Engie,
Here is to hoping your right. Unfortunately , different year. We have clowns on the bench acting goofy, no sign of leadership.

I venture to say we get a man on first in the first and bunt him to second and not score. That sets the tone for the game.
I HOPE IM WRONG. But I'm usually not.

HancockCountyDog
03-21-2015, 11:48 AM
I'm adjusting my expectations for the season.

I go into seasons expecting to host. Unless we have a dramatic turnaround, that ain't happening. I just want to make the tourney now and we have to be close to a .500 SEC team to be sure that we make a regional. Once we make a regional all bets are off.

If we are 3-3 after this weekend then we are good to go. We just have to win today.