PDA

View Full Version : If Diaz gets another chance to jump ship to a bigger job will he?

Jack Lambert
03-20-2015, 02:24 PM
What do you think. Did he learn is lesson?

HereComesTheSpiral
03-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Didn't we sign him to a 3 year contract with a huge buyout to make him less attractive of a hire as a DC?

maroonmania
03-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Given the good will we showed in taking him back and getting him back into Power Conference football, I think he would give us a minimum of 3 years and maybe longer before he would even consider another DC position anywhere. Now if he gets a HC offer somewhere (not likely) then nobody would expect him not to given it serious consideration. He actually stated in his presser that this would be his last DC job implying that he would only consider leaving if he got a HC offer.

NCDawg
03-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Didn't we sign him to a 3 year contract with a huge buyout to make him less attractive of a hire as a DC?

We did. He stated also that this is the last job that he intends to take as a DC.

MadDawg
03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Never say never, but I don't think he will, at least not for a while. He was given a rare opportunity to come limping back to the place he supposedly left for greener pastures only to find the pasture full of cow dung. So yes, I think he learned his lesson.

Sienfield
03-20-2015, 05:37 PM
He didn't show any loyalty to LA TECH.

Dallas_Dawg
03-20-2015, 06:40 PM

Why would he? Troll alert

Bothrops
03-20-2015, 06:52 PM
I think Diaz was being honest when he said that. There's simply no reason for him to go elsewhere to DC, going forward. I'm not sure he would consider any other DC job-a bigger job anymore.

Dawgface
03-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Depends on the offer. Even if he does well with us, its unlikely he goes anytime soon though. The TX fiasco is still fresh on peoples mind.

Todd4State
03-20-2015, 09:49 PM
I think Manny is here as long as he performs. I hope he becomes Dan's Joe Lee Dunn.

Our program has elevated itself over the years due to our success and the changing football climate since Manny left.

hells bells
03-20-2015, 10:31 PM
We did. He stated also that this is the last job that he intends to take as a DC.

Calling Bull😱😱😱😱it on that. Manny inform your wife Starkvegas is OK.

Todd4State
03-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Calling Bull��������it on that. Manny inform your wife Starkvegas is OK.

Like I said when we hired Manny- that's an easy fix. He makes enough to have an off season home somewhere like Jackson, Memphis, or Birmingham.

Just like Saban only lives in Tuscaloosa during football season and football related times like spring practice and recruiting weekends.

Bothrops
03-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Depends on the offer. Even if he does well with us, its unlikely he goes anytime soon though. The TX fiasco is still fresh on peoples mind.

It's still very fresh on Manny 's mind, I can assure you. I think he feels very lucky to wind up back here, and won't leave unless asked to. Otherwise, it's to hc somewhere.

mstatefan91
03-21-2015, 02:55 AM

Why would you show loyalty to La Tech? He has a much better chance of attracting attention for a HC job at an SEC school. Provided he does a good job, which I expect he will.

Maroonthirteen
03-21-2015, 05:16 AM
If I had enough money for a 2nd home....that would be the last three towns I considered.

Dawgface
03-21-2015, 07:06 AM
If I had enough money for a 2nd home....that would be the last three towns I considered.

Ha. That's what I was thinking.

Sienfield
03-21-2015, 07:18 AM
Why would you show loyalty to La Tech? He has a much better chance of attracting attention for a HC job at an SEC school. Provided he does a good job, which I expect he will.

Did I say he should show loyalty to LA TECH? No, I just answered the OP question. Looks like some of you are a little sensitive.

Coach34
03-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Manny is in the process of building a brand new house. That tells me he plans to be around awhile. It's the type house that won't sell real quickly when he decided to leave.