PDA

View Full Version : Weekend C&D Thread

BeastMan
03-20-2015, 10:31 AM
No idea what I'll cook but I have a taste for a hoppy IPA

SpeckleDawg
03-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Deer sausage and burgers on the grill. Saw some red stripe in the grocery store and bought it...not sure why.

SapperDawg
03-20-2015, 06:10 PM
Me and JBJones have a boys weekend. Abita Jockamo, a picnic shoulder, turkey hunting and catfish lines. Most meals eaten standing up at the counter. Good times.

BeastMan
03-20-2015, 06:13 PM
Me and JBJones have a boys weekend. Abita Jockamo, a picnic shoulder, turkey hunting and catfish lines. Most meals eaten standing up at the counter. Good times.

My kind of weekend

BrunswickDawg
03-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Considering a bender tonight and broke out my backup supply of Evan.

BeastMan
03-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Sierra Nevada 2015 Beer Camp Hoppy Lager. It's their spring seasonal. Great beer

BrunswickDawg
03-21-2015, 01:12 PM
Since brunch at Waffle House allowed me to recover from my Evan Williams last night, I'm going to celebrate the end of the Rick Ray Error with a nice Porterhouse, and a twice baked potatoe finished off on the grill.

BeastMan
03-21-2015, 05:50 PM
At a wedding. Tangle Ridge in my flask

jbjones
03-21-2015, 06:28 PM
Well...here is said Pic-a-nic Shoulder before:

http://tibbee-creek.com/images/before.jpg

Pic-a-nic Shoulder during:

http://tibbee-creek.com/images/during.jpg

And after I took it off and started pulling (sorry, buncha steam clouded the pic):

http://tibbee-creek.com/images/after.jpg

Turned out OK. I could/should have cooled/slowed it some. Such is life. Long Live Pork!

EDIT: I won't complain for a week's worth of food for $8. Thanks for the sale K-roger!

-JB

jbjones
03-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Deer sausage and burgers on the grill. Saw some red stripe in the grocery store and bought it...not sure why.

Damn Speck, after swiling Panama for a few days I would consider Red Stripe a serious upgrade...and it is, as I'm sure you know all too well.

-JB

jbjones
03-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Since brunch at Waffle House allowed me to recover from my Evan Williams last night

I heard that. When I was stationed in Savannah, I spent many a Saturday/Sunday mornings in Waffle House..Or the Pancake Palace...Good times, indeed.

-JB

FISHDAWG
03-23-2015, 07:27 AM
went to the fish market in Pass Christian & bought three lobster tails, a 1 pd. tuna steak, & a 1lb red snapper fillet ... all for $44 ... the rest was very well improvised

BrunswickDawg
03-23-2015, 12:38 PM
I heard that. When I was stationed in Savannah, I spent many a Saturday/Sunday mornings in Waffle House..Or the Pancake Palace...Good times, indeed.

-JB

One of the true benefits of being a native Georgian - I've grown up with a Waffle House 5 minutes from every place I have lived in this state. Been curing hangovers since I was 16.

Uncle Ruckus
03-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Which fish market do you use? I usually buy my stuff from Claiborne Hill in Waveland but I'm always wanting to save a dollar.

FISHDAWG
03-25-2015, 07:46 AM
don't know the name but it's right there on the water in Pass Christian ... not much else around it ... the price was good and the product was great

BeastMan
03-25-2015, 09:26 AM
don't know the name but it's right there on the water in Pass Christian ... not much else around it ... the price was good and the product was great

Close to the new harbor?

FISHDAWG
03-25-2015, 10:39 AM
yes .... I think, I'm still learning the area

SpeckleDawg
03-25-2015, 11:43 AM
yes .... I think, I'm still learning the area

Must be. The new part is on the East side. I drove over and checked it out last week and noticed the signs for that place. Looks like I'll have to swing by there soon.

SpeckleDawg
03-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Which fish market do you use? I usually buy my stuff from Claiborne Hill in Waveland but I'm always wanting to save a dollar.

I've found that claiborne hill is pretty tough to beat on a lot of things from food to tackle.

Uncle Ruckus
03-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Yep, I try do do my shopping there. I like supporting local business when possible, but it doesn't hurt that they're seafood and meat is great and the prices can't be beat. It's also where I buy my dockside plastics and vudus. I won't go into details because it didn't go through but the owner of CH was going to open up some fishing/outdoor stores (think academy but smaller) and I was going to spearhead it and any additional stores. Its a shame too, there is nothing like that from Slidell to Gulfport. I have to go to Picayune or Slidell to get a new reel or rod, BSL/PC needs that place. I have a business plan and intend on doing it one day, but it will be many moons from now.