PDA

View Full Version : A look at the 2014 team

The Croom Diaries
06-26-2013, 05:05 PM
I know it's been talked about here and there on the board, but I wanted to put together a post that compiles the entire conversation on the 2014 team as we see it now. Feel free to tell me if I missed anything, because with baseball recruits I probably did...

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2013/6/26/4466124/a-look-at-2014-msu-baseball

CadaverDawg
06-26-2013, 05:17 PM
If Armstrong is our leadoff hitter next year, I will blow my head off.

Other than that, I agree with a lot of it.

biscuit
06-26-2013, 05:59 PM
I like it!

Will James
06-26-2013, 06:22 PM
1. Detz
2. Pirtle
3. Bradford
4. Rea
5. Garner
6. Henderson
7. Robson
8. Humphreys
9. Britton

Coach34
06-26-2013, 06:28 PM
I think we end up with one of the juco's catching...just a hunch

War Machine Dawg
06-26-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm thinking Little Vick and Oh Canada both start in the OF next season. CT or Demarcus will be the add man out (I hope).

Garner definitely starts at C. His bat is too good to waste.

I also think Humphries starts at 3B & Britton at SS. If that doesn't pan out, I'd look for Pirtle to move over and Hann to start at 2B. We're screwed if Humphries can't start and Detz has to play 3B aGAIN. Honestly, I wish we'd move Detz to LF next season. Keep his bat in the lineup, open up DH for a power bat. But that's what I'd do, which means there's no way in hell Cohen will do any of it.

Goat Holder
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm thinking Little Vick and Oh Canada both start in the OF next season. CT or Demarcus will be the add man out (I hope).

I also think Humphries starts at 3B & Britton at SS. If that doesn't pan out, I'd look for Pirtle to move over and Hann to start at 2B. We're screwed if Humphries can't start and Detz has to play 3B aGAIN. Honestly, I wish we'd move Detz to LF next season. Keep his bat in the lineup, open up DH for a power bat. But that's what I'd do, which means there's no way in hell Cohen will do any of it.

Thank God that Cohen is the coach, because that rubbish you typed was borderline retarded.

Coach34
06-26-2013, 08:38 PM
There's about a 3% chance that Cohen will sit a 3 year starter in CT Bradford. Probably closer to 1.5%

CadaverDawg
06-27-2013, 12:00 AM

Feels odd to disagree with my boy, WMD...but there is ZERO chance that Henderson and Bradford aren't in the lineup next season. And I'm not so sure Garner is a lock at C. Cohen likes to have a veteran behind the plate, even if he has to sacrifice a little offense. I tend to agree since we have such an emphasis on pitching and handling a staff.

I DO agree that Britton will be our SS, and I'm pumped about that. I think Britton shocks some folks and ends up hitting around .300 and plays a solid SS next season. He'd old also lead the team in steals if he is an everyday player.

Todd4State
06-27-2013, 01:56 AM
The outfield is definitely crowded. I think CT and Demarcus are going to have good seasons next year. We might see a Robson/Vickerson platoon. We might start Rooker/Collins in RF and then bring in Robson/Vickerson late as a defensive replacement.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-27-2013, 08:31 AM
I wish we'd move Detz to LF next season. Keep his bat in the lineup, open up DH for a power bat.

Just curious because I can't think of any - who on the team next year will have a power bat other than Wes Rea?