PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we play a 3-4 more next year

confucius say
03-19-2015, 08:22 PM
With the two browns and green and whomever plays the weak side backer, it seems like we have the personnel. I know there are pros and cons, but mainly I'm just working off the premise that green needs to be on the field 80% of the snaps, and I figure Richie will start bc dan starts upper-classmen.

bgover4
03-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Would Jones go in the middle?

Todd4State
03-19-2015, 08:51 PM
IF Nick James is can play NT- maybe.

I guess it would look like:

DE- Chris Jones
NT- James
DE- Ryan Brown
OLB- Beniquez Brown
ILB- Richie Brown
ILB- Green
OLB- Hopefully Jung but probably Zach Jackson

confucius say
03-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Would Jones got in the middle?

In pass rushing situations yes. Like Preston did a lot last year, line up over the center and abuse him. This look would have Jefferson and Ryan brown at ends. On traditional run downs, I would have James in middle to just take up offensive lineman and allow backers to make tackles. This look would have jones and either Jefferson or Ryan brown at end. What you lose with either Jefferson or Ryan brown being off the field you presumably make up with green on the field. That's the trade off.

Todd4State
03-19-2015, 10:26 PM
In pass rushing situations yes. Like Preston did a lot last year, line up over the center and abuse him. This look would have Jefferson and Ryan brown at ends. On traditional run downs, I would have James in middle to just take up offensive lineman and allow backers to make tackles. This look would have jones and either Jefferson or Ryan brown at end. What you lose with either Jefferson or Ryan brown being off the field you presumably make up with green on the field. That's the trade off.

I guess we could use Ryan Brown at OLB in a 3-4? Might be too big. I'd rather have him on the field than Zach Jackson.

confucius say
03-19-2015, 10:35 PM
I guess we could use Ryan Brown at OLB in a 3-4? Might be too big. I'd rather have him on the field than Zach Jackson.

If we are playing zone yea. He prob can't cover in man though.

Todd4State
03-19-2015, 10:41 PM
What I would like to see is Green be too good to keep off the field and get Jackson off of it. I don't know how good Green is in coverage. I wouldn't be surprised if Jung starts out there though.

GTHOM
03-20-2015, 10:27 AM
IF Nick James is can play NT- maybe.

I guess it would look like:

DE- Chris Jones
NT- James
DE- Ryan Brown
OLB- Beniquez Brown
ILB- Richie Brown
ILB- Green
OLB- Hopefully Jung but probably Zach Jackson

Im fine with everything but bennie brown at OLB he needs to be the sam or the mike