PDA

View Full Version : Rays players say .....

notsofarawaydawg
03-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Commercial Dispatch Article (http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=40811)

Coach34
03-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Commercial Dispatch Article (http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=40811)

"I've never had any situation at all from the administration that they are displeased with where we are at this point in time," Ray said. "I know everybody wants to be more on the fast track. I'm sure the administration wants the same thing, but I think those guys believe in me."

Interesting

Ifyouonlyknew
03-19-2015, 01:32 PM
"I've never had any situation at all from the administration that they are displeased with where we are at this point in time," Ray said. "I know everybody wants to be more on the fast track. I'm sure the administration wants the same thing, but I think those guys believe in me."

Interesting

I don't think he could say anything else but that. Even if Stricklin or Keenum gave him an ultimatum on next year no way he'd say that in public. Also if he said Stricklin told me I need to be vastly improved next year then most fans would then kill Stricklin for giving him another year & not pulling the plug now. Sound like a pretty standard vote of confidence speech that all bosses give. Whether they mean it or plotting to fire you in 2 weeks.

thf24
03-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Sounds like the players are still genuinely buying in, which obviously remains a necessity if Ray is ever going to turn the corner.

"Ray figures to return four starters, including former Starkville High School standout Gavin Ware, MSU's leading rebounder, junior Fred Thomas, Sword, and Ready. Houston and freshman post players Oliver Black and Fallou Ndoye also are expected to be back."

No mention of Dunlap...

Coach34
03-19-2015, 01:50 PM
I don't think he could say anything else but that. Even if Stricklin or Keenum gave him an ultimatum on next year no way he'd say that in public. Also if he said Stricklin told me I need to be vastly improved next year then most fans would then kill Stricklin for giving him another year & not pulling the plug now. Sound like a pretty standard vote of confidence speech that all bosses give. Whether they mean it or plotting to fire you in 2 weeks.Well he obviously has to do something next year- and he needs to find something better to spare Ware than Endo

Ifyouonlyknew
03-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Well he obviously has to do something next year- and he needs to find something better to spare Ware than Endo

I agree with all of that.

MadDawg
03-19-2015, 02:09 PM

Interesting

Damn. That is interesting. And incredibly disappointing. I read that as "we really don't care about basketball anymore. Ask me about the Scott Field expansion."

Goat from MSU
03-19-2015, 02:25 PM
This article smells to high heaven like it is trying to dumb down the masses. This was it let's keep them happy article .Just watch today's games we are not even close . Ray = Crooms ...
Damn. That is interesting. And incredibly disappointing. I read that as "we really don't care about basketball anymore. Ask me about the Scott Field expansion."

SouthMsDawg
03-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Is there any way that we can get ENDO to transfer somewhere else to free up room for a JUCO big?

quickstrike2
03-19-2015, 02:37 PM
I am concerned somebody will steal this man away from us. With those quotes there, I feel like our basketball program is on the way to big things. The administration has never sounded displeased and he assumes they would like to be on a faster track like our petty fans, but in the end he doesn't give a damn cause he is believed in to do something. Although we aren't over surely what that something is. Somewhere in this 10 year plan, some goals will be defined, just hadn't got there yet.******

msstate7
03-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Is there any way that we can get ENDO to transfer somewhere else to free up room for a JUCO big?

Ndoye has been less than stellar, but he's a freshman. I think you guys are judging too quickly. If he hasn't shown anything after next season, he probably should move along

Coach34
03-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Redshirt Freshman

MadDawg
03-19-2015, 03:04 PM
I am concerned somebody will steal this man away from us. With those quotes there, I feel like our basketball program is on the way to big things. The administration has never sounded displeased and he assumes they would like to be on a faster track like our petty fans, but in the end he doesn't give a damn cause he is believed in to do something. Although we aren't over surely what that something is. Somewhere in this 10 year plan, some goals will be defined, just hadn't got there yet.******

We will set some goals sometime in 2018.

msstate7
03-19-2015, 03:12 PM
Redshirt Freshman

I don't think he's been in playing basketball very long.

Hopefully he can gain some weight this offseason

maroonmania
03-19-2015, 03:22 PM
We will set some goals sometime in 2018.

Nah, apparently Ray is on the same 10 year plan as Croom had with LT. So we should get results around 2022.

sorrydog
03-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Yeah but how old is he? I bet his true age would be more telling than his classification.
There's no upside.

quickstrike2
03-19-2015, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure Ray or the administration has any goals for basketball. I like Scott, but he inherited two coaches in football and baseball that make no bones about where they want to take a program. Ray just seems to be happy go lucky about the whole deal and the administration just lets it play out, because they can in the other two big sports.

DanDority
03-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Well he obviously has to do something next year- and he needs to find something better to spare Ware than Endo

I could be wrong but he maybe worse than big John or big feces, I know he was only a freshmens but dang.

tcdog70
03-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Yeah but how old is he? I bet his true age would be more telling than his classification.
There's no upside.

Here is what is telling--He did not start for His highschool team most games. Can He play in the SEC? Don't think so

msstate7
03-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Here is what is telling--He did not start for His highschool team most games. Can He play in the SEC? Don't think so

You left out he played at findley prep and that 8 players on that team signed with div 1 teams.

In no way am I saying he'll be this good, but here goes...

Charles Rhodes freshman year -- 2.9 pts 1.9 rebs

Ndoye -- 2.1 pts 1.8 rebs

Believe it or not, players do improve sometimes with age and physical maturity

YazooDawg23
03-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Charles Rhodes was a skilled, athletic big. Ndoye does not do one thing well on the basketball court. Bad miss by Ray.

thf24
03-19-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure Ray or the administration has any goals for basketball. I like Scott, but he inherited two coaches in football and baseball that make no bones about where they want to take a program. Ray just seems to be happy go lucky about the whole deal and the administration just lets it play out, because they can in the other two big sports.

People were saying October before last that Mullen had gotten complacent and was just happy to be here. It's easy to speculate and make assumptions about people's thoughts and motivations when things aren't going well. Whether he's capable of fielding a winning product or not in the end, I highly doubt Ray is content with where he is right now, and I absolutely guarantee you that Stricklin isn't thinking and acting on any of the ridiculous ideas that people have been throwing around on here.

thf24
03-19-2015, 04:14 PM

To his credit it's one of the top high school teams in the nation and quite a few of those players have or will go on to play D1 basketball as well, but, yeah, that fact doesn't bode well for his potential.

DanDority
03-19-2015, 04:15 PM
You left out he played at findley prep and that 8 players on that team signed with div 1 teams.

In no way am I saying he'll be this good, but here goes...

Charles Rhodes freshman year -- 2.9 pts 1.9 rebs

Ndoye -- 2.1 pts 1.8 rebs

Believe it or not, players do improve sometimes with age and physical maturity

Just how old is the guy? I'm sure he's not as old John was.

msstate7
03-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Just how old is the guy? I'm sure he's not as old John was.

Coach34
03-19-2015, 04:27 PM
The problem with Endo is that he is a 3 year project at a time when we need immediate help

YazooDawg23
03-19-2015, 04:36 PM
Ndoye could take two years off and work everyday with Jerry West and Hakeem Olajuwon and he would still suck. The key is recruiting players that don't suck. Recruiting might be trending in the right direction. We'll see.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
03-19-2015, 06:49 PM

Good lord. I think we need to go ahead and pull the trigger on ray, but I'm not sure I've evre seen a more blatantly misleading statement. Not that I'm surprised, given the context.

DanDority
03-19-2015, 07:11 PM

Then he will not improve! He has hit his celling

Quaoarsking
03-19-2015, 08:08 PM
I think it's apparent from this article that Daniels probably isn't going anywhere.

tcdog70
03-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Good lord. I think we need to go ahead and pull the trigger on ray, but I'm not sure I've evre seen a more blatantly misleading statement. Not that I'm surprised, given the context.

What is misleading, it is a fact Endo did not start for his Highschool team. He has red shirted and he still is not a SEC player. And I really don't give as shit if you are surprised or not.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
03-20-2015, 08:47 AM
What is misleading, it is a fact Endo did not start for his Highschool team. He has red shirted and he still is not a SEC player. And I really don't give as shit if you are surprised or not.

It's misleading because you stated that not starting for Findley Prep "most" of the time is an indictment of sucking at basketball. Nevermind that the players on that roster were all recruited, with all but apparently 2 signing with D1 schools. It's misleading because you knew that when you posted it and decided to post something blatantly misleading anyway just to tear down one of our players. Here are his teammates with their college playing choices:

Nigel Williams-Goss - Wash.
Dion Wade - Aub (xfer to Miami)
Stanford Robinson - Indiana
Lucas Antunez - North Idaho
Allerik Freeman - Kansas
Christian Wood - UNLV
Braian Angola - North Idaho
Gavin Schilling - Mich. State
Benas Griciunas - Aub.
Fallou Ndoye - MSU
Jalen Poyser - UNLV
Kingsley Okoroh - Cal.

Roster came from http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/findlay-prep-pilot-%28henderson,nv%29/basketball-winter-12-13/roster.htm

tcdog70
03-20-2015, 04:21 PM
It's misleading because you stated that not starting for Findley Prep "most" of the time is an indictment of sucking at basketball. Nevermind that the players on that roster were all recruited, with all but apparently 2 signing with D1 schools. It's misleading because you knew that when you posted it and decided to post something blatantly misleading anyway just to tear down one of our players. Here are his teammates with their college playing choices:

Nigel Williams-Goss - Wash.
Dion Wade - Aub (xfer to Miami)
Stanford Robinson - Indiana
Lucas Antunez - North Idaho
Allerik Freeman - Kansas
Christian Wood - UNLV
Braian Angola - North Idaho
Gavin Schilling - Mich. State
Benas Griciunas - Aub.
Fallou Ndoye - MSU
Jalen Poyser - UNLV
Kingsley Okoroh - Cal.

Roster came from http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/findlay-prep-pilot-%28henderson,nv%29/basketball-winter-12-13/roster.htm

if you can't start in High School--(any High School) then your odds of coming into the SEC and being worth a shit are very low.