PDA

View Full Version : My letter to the baseball team:

countrydawg23
06-26-2013, 03:28 PM
1st post, but I thought everyone needed a reminder of all those that helped get us back to where we are:

I want to thank the entire MSU Baseball team for everything they have accomplished this year and taking me on the ride with them.

Big time thanks to the coaches: Cohen,Thompson,Mingione,Wells,Drye, as well as Coach Burroughs for having a plan and sticking to it no matter how tough those first 2 years were, Thanks!

For all the Seniors on this team, Congratulations! You saw the vision our coaches had and helped execute the plan to get us back where we belong. Thanks!

I think one of the most important pieces of the puzzle were the guys that came in during the worst of times and helped get this thing turned around. Guys like Brent Brownlee, Caleb Reed, Nick Routt, Grant Hogue, Jarrod Parks, Johnathan Ogden, Nick Vickerson, Jaron Shepherd, Cody Freeman, Wes Thigpen, and Trey Johnson. You guys might not be a part of this years team, but I hope you take great satisfaction in knowing you laid the foundation for what this team has accomplished. There were many dark days you had to endure, but you fought tooth and nail and that hard work will continue to pay in the future for our Bulldogs. Thanks!

If anyone knows any of these guys I mentioned, give 'em a big Thanks, they deserve it! #HailState #Fight4MississippiState

Coach 57
06-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Bravo, buddy bravo. I think sometimes we as fans forget that these are KIDS and get so caught up in the here & now. The staff should get alot of the credit as Cohen & his guys are doing great things. But one thing I learned long ago, much like Shark says in Any Given Sunday..."for every Jerry Rice there a a bunch of guys you never even heard of before." Played on a team surrounded by D1 & even 3 guys who made it to the NFL. But deep down if you talk to those guys who made it to the leauge they knew it was the guys in H.S & college that PUSHED then to be good at what they did. And although guys like Hunter, Chad, Adam got MLB offers...the guys who set the tone before them to be what they are today. Bravo Countrydawg.