PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: BYU POWER 5 GAME

Ifyouonlyknew
03-19-2015, 12:49 PM
The football team will travel to BYU in 2016 & they will come to Starkville in 2017.

ShotgunDawg
03-19-2015, 12:51 PM
Good.

Hopefully, Diaz doesn't let his defense get it's ass kicked twice in Provo.

For those that don't get that joke, it was following Texas losing to BYU in Provo that Diaz was dismissed. I think Texas gave up over 500 yards rushing or something like that.

BulldogDX55
03-19-2015, 12:51 PM
The football team will travel to BYU in 2016 & they will come to Starkville in 2017.

Last time they came to Starkville was the worst officiated football game I've ever witnessed. That said, good schedule move.

maroonmania
03-19-2015, 12:55 PM

Dang, what happened with Boston College? I really didn't want to play the cheating thugs from BYU again.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-19-2015, 01:00 PM
It's been BYU for a while now. Once the SEC made it clear they'd accept them as an opponent the deal was done.

BrunswickDawg
03-19-2015, 01:00 PM
I think we have done a pretty good job of lining up non-power Power 5 teams. None of BYU, Kansas State, NC St, or Az scare me.

Bothrops
03-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Would have much rather played BC, for several reasons. Winning in Provo will be really tough.

maroonmania
03-19-2015, 01:06 PM
It's been BYU for a while now. Once the SEC made it clear they'd accept them as an opponent the deal was done.

Wasn't there some buzz around a month or 2 ago about Boston College or did I dream that?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Wasn't there some buzz around a month or 2 ago about Boston College or did I dream that?

I've seen some who thought it was BC but this has been a done deal for a couple months.

Coach34
03-19-2015, 01:12 PM

Thanks Dan

chef dixon
03-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Gonna be really tough winning there, and with a new QB

War Machine Dawg
03-19-2015, 01:20 PM
**** Scott Stricklin. After the 2003 bullshit, we should never give them another dime. I'd rather play the ISIS University than play BYU ever again. There are plenty of other shitty P5 schools to schedule.

SapperDawg
03-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Assuming this will be a game in September, anyone care to get an early season OTC elk hunt in Utah or one of the neighboring states together the week prior to or after this game?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-19-2015, 01:34 PM
I hate the move for the same reasons that others have mentioned...they play dirty and the bull$hit they pulled in the past. They are independent now, so we know they have money. We better not be paying them a damn dime.

dickiedawg
03-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Assuming this will be a game in September, anyone care to get an early season OTC elk hunt in Utah or one of the neighboring states together the week prior to or after this game?

Sounds pretty awesome.

Jack Lambert
03-19-2015, 01:41 PM
**** Scott Stricklin. After the 2003 bullshit, we should never give them another dime. I'd rather play the ISIS University than play BYU ever again. There are plenty of other shitty P5 schools to schedule.

So you really believe that people who rape and kill women and children, burn people alive and chop off heads are better people than guy who plays rough during a football game. I think you could find a better similitude.

West Houston Dog
03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Maybe that BYU game a decade ago was outside of Scott's memory banks. That game left me ...and many other Bulldogs....with a bitter taste concerning BYU. I also remember a BYU/MSU basketball game a few years before that with crappy biased officiating against us.

That BYU football game was the most BLATANTLY biased officiated game I have ever seen. A dose of prison loving on our own field with their conference officials. 2 examples I still remember .. one of our defensive ends being grabbed, pulled down and tackled to the ground which enabled their rb to scamper into the endzone at that vacated spot. Another was one of our cornerbacks having inside position on a deep ball, their wide receiver was behind our cb, went over and thru our cb to get at the deep ball...and the official throwing a flag calling us for defensive pass interference!

But, we had to find a suitable opponent for 2016 nonconference game. lets hope for more honest officiating in this one.....

dawgoneyall
03-19-2015, 02:06 PM
They cheat

MadDawg
03-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Last time they came to Starkville was the worst officiated football game I've ever witnessed. That said, good schedule move.

Agree 100%. And I've seen a lot of bad officiating.

BulldogDX55
03-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Maybe that BYU game a decade ago was outside of Scott's memory banks. That game left me ...and many other Bulldogs....with a bitter taste concerning BYU. I also remember a BYU/MSU basketball game a few years before that with crappy biased officiating against us.

That BYU football game was the most BLATANTLY biased officiated game I have ever seen. A dose of prison loving on our own field with their conference officials. 2 examples I still remember .. one of our defensive ends being grabbed, pulled down and tackled to the ground which enabled their rb to scamper into the endzone at that vacated spot. Another was one of our cornerbacks having inside position on a deep ball, their wide receiver was behind our cb, went over and thru our cb to get at the deep ball...and the official throwing a flag calling us for defensive pass interference!

But, we had to find a suitable opponent for 2016 nonconference game. lets hope for more honest officiating in this one.....

We had one or two TD passes called back for phantom OPI. It was ridiculous.

maroonmania
03-19-2015, 03:35 PM
I hate the move for the same reasons that others have mentioned...they play dirty and the bull$hit they pulled in the past. They are independent now, so we know they have money. We better not be paying them a damn dime.

Yep, and if anyone saw the melee they had with Memphis at the end of their bowl game its obvious they are still the same bunch.

War Machine Dawg
03-19-2015, 05:32 PM
We had one or two TD passes called back for phantom OPI. It was ridiculous.

Let's also not forget the OL who threw a punch at Conner Stephens. Not only was the assclown not ejected, he wasn't even flagged. And the worst part is that according to The Kang, we had him on tape for doing the same thing in previous games and had warned the "officials" about it. We should NEVER have anything to do with that bunch again.

BulldogBear
03-19-2015, 05:44 PM

^This. BOOYOO

...as I call them moved to an all-time #2 slot on my College Football "Great Satan" list after the '01 game. They are right behind all-time #1 Miami (FL)

Dawgcentral
03-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Indeed. It was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. But I do have a fond memory of Dicenzo Miller's run against them at their place. I think he broke 14 tackles on his way to the end zone.

LeakyD
03-19-2015, 06:29 PM

I went to Provo in 2000 and it was a good time. I agree on the officiating in Starkville. I think the worst call was the unsportsmanlike conduct against Grindle when he flipped the ball to the official while he was still on the ground.

BulldogBear
03-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Indeed. It was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. But I do have a fond memory of Dicenzo Miller's run against them at their place. I think he broke 14 tackles on his way to the end zone.

I remember the long Madkin run. He didn't score but it was beautiful. I still have that game on a VCR tape somewhere.

confucius say
03-19-2015, 08:14 PM

I counted 9 at least

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gm-_Yv333x4

Todd4State
03-19-2015, 08:16 PM
I don't like playing BYU because of 2001. I was maybe a little bit more open to it until they decided to thug it out against Memphis.

Todd4State
03-19-2015, 08:18 PM
I counted 9 at least

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gm-_Yv333x4

That was obviously SEC officials because with Morman officials there are at least 9 holding calls on that play.

maroonmania
03-19-2015, 08:56 PM
I went to Provo in 2000 and it was a good time. I agree on the officiating in Starkville. I think the worst call was the unsportsmanlike conduct against Grindle when he flipped the ball to the official while he was still on the ground.

The issue with the officiating was primarily driven by the conference they were in at the time trying to get them into the BCS. It was blatantly horrible though.

Mjoelner34
03-19-2015, 09:04 PM
The issue with the officiating was primarily driven by the conference they were in at the time trying to get them into the BCS. It was blatantly horrible though.

I loved it when that BCS dream came crashing down the next week when Hawaii hung 72 on them.

I think I've mentioned this on here before but I remember listening to Jackie's post-game interview on the way home. I'm putting this in quotes but I may not have the words correct but it's the way I remember it: "I've coached a lot of years and I've won a lot of games and I've lost a lot of games but tonight is the first time I've ever had one taken from me."

War Machine Dawg
03-19-2015, 10:46 PM
I remember the long Madkin run. He didn't score but it was beautiful. I still have that game on a VCR tape somewhere.

Me too. I gotta get around to copying all my old games over to DVD at some point.

Mutt the Hoople
03-20-2015, 06:35 AM
^This. BOOYOO

...as I call them moved to an all-time #2 slot on my College Football "Great Satan" list after the '01 game. They are right behind all-time #1 Miami (FL)

I remember their offensive line doing arm-drag takedowns out our DL's and no whistles, while our Wide Receivers got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct because they flipped the ball into the air after making a catch.

I say we don't have anymore to do with those Magic-underwear wearing, Joseph Smith-worshipping pseudo-Christians.