PDA

View Full Version : Lindgren

msstate7
03-18-2015, 06:59 PM
On sportsouth now vs Braves

Harrydawg
03-18-2015, 07:11 PM
Ha, we posted this within a minute of each other...mods ,please delete my other if need be

Thanks .....btw, one pitch = 1 out

Harrydawg
03-18-2015, 07:17 PM
Well shit, he threw one pitch and they have a new pitcher in now

msstate7
03-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Well shit, he threw one pitch and they have a new pitcher in now

Didn't wanna let em face freeman? Weird they pulled em with lefty leading off next inning

Todd4State
03-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Didn't wanna let em face freeman? Weird they pulled em with lefty leading off next inning

It's spring training. Now is the time to experiment. Conventional baseball wisdom is out the window. Not sure who the hitter was, so correct if I am wrong- but if it's a RH hitter they probably wanted to see how he would handle it. A lot of teams will pinch hit a RH hitter when a LOOGY comes in for obvious reasons. Like I said- I didn't see the sequence so I'm just making an educated guess.

Could have been anything though- they might just want to get some more pitchers some work as well. They kind of script these games out to a degree. (Which is why I don't care for spring training personally)

msstate7
03-18-2015, 07:41 PM
It's spring training. Now is the time to experiment. Conventional baseball wisdom is out the window. Not sure who the hitter was, so correct if I am wrong- but if it's a RH hitter they probably wanted to see how he would handle it. A lot of teams will pinch hit a RH hitter when a LOOGY comes in for obvious reasons. Like I said- I didn't see the sequence so I'm just making an educated guess.

Could have been anything though- they might just want to get some more pitchers some work as well. They kind of script these games out to a degree. (Which is why I don't care for spring training personally)

Lindgren got out Peterson (lefty). They did bring lindgren in with runners on base. May have just wanted to see if he could get the lefty in a jam

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-18-2015, 08:24 PM
I was just thinking about him and looking online to see what I could find. Hate I missed him, not that I missed much obviously. Don't know if it was mentioned anyplace, but I did read that he pitched 1 inning last Friday against the Red Sox striking out the side in the 9th. Gave up 1 hit and had 1 walk.

shoeless joe
03-18-2015, 09:18 PM
I was just thinking about him and looking online to see what I could find. Hate I missed him, not that I missed much obviously. Don't know if it was mentioned anyplace, but I did read that he pitched 1 inning last Friday against the Red Sox striking out the side in the 9th. Gave up 1 hit and had 1 walk.

Yeah...I posted that. The game was on MLB. Control wasn't great that game but that slide piece was disgusting.