PDA

View Full Version : Incoming True Freshman...

DistrictDawg92
03-18-2015, 05:32 PM
How many guys are we expecting to play as true freshman opposed to redshirting? Seems like Mullen usually burns about 5 redshirts per year but I think we could see up to 10 next year.

BeardoMSU
03-18-2015, 05:50 PM
If our upperclassmen keep getting assaulted and arrested, they may all have to play**

msstate7
03-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Peters
Lewis
Adams
Moton
Jones

Todd4State
03-18-2015, 06:35 PM
I think...

Dear
Deddrick Thomas
Maybe Dontea Jones
Maybe Fletcher Adams
Leo Lewis
Peters
Maybe McLaurin
Maybe Stamps
Maybe Mixon

pilldawg
03-18-2015, 09:36 PM
nm

I think...

Dear
Deddrick Thomas
Maybe Dontea Jones
Maybe Fletcher Adams
Leo Lewis
Peters
Maybe McLaurin
Maybe Stamps
Maybe Mixon

Ifyouonlyknew
03-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Peters
Lewis
Adams
Jones (If he gets to school on time)
Mclaurin (Maybe)
Stamps (Maybe)

Johnson85
03-19-2015, 08:16 AM
nm

As raw as they talked about him being, I'm not sure if he plays unless they think he's a three year player regardless. I know everybody talked about Chris Jones being raw, but he was also physically developed. I was thinking Mullins was still sort of tall and skinny.

hailmari
03-19-2015, 08:44 AM
Robbie said he saw Mullins the other day and noted that he had filled out with good weight since the season. I could see a DL or two play early for the sake of experience in 2016.

Coach34
03-19-2015, 08:56 AM
Peters
Lewis
Adams
Jones (If he gets to school on time)
Mclaurin (Maybe)
Stamps (Maybe)

Peters is going to play some simply because he is a big time player.
Lack of depth at their positions give Lewis and Adams a chance to get some reps
Maybe McLaurin- but knowing our staff- likely RS especially since Peters won't RS

Cant see anybody else getting any time- too much depth on the team

jumbo
03-19-2015, 08:56 AM
Peters
Lewis
One of the CBs
Moton or Adams
Maybe McLaurin depending on what happens with Brandon Bryant
Thomas was running with the 2s the other day, but it was day 1 of spring practice

Homedawg
03-19-2015, 08:59 AM
No way we play 10 tr fr. unless we have about 20 injuries to upperclassmen. Just not what we do.

Coach34
03-19-2015, 09:04 AM
No way we play 10 tr fr. unless we have about 20 injuries to upperclassmen. Just not what we do.

Exactly- will be 5 max. Our staff believes a RS is better than very limited game experience

Ifyouonlyknew
03-19-2015, 10:01 AM
5 or 6 will play this year.

smootness
03-19-2015, 10:42 AM
I think we can all agree that Lewis, Peters, and Adams will play.

After that, there will likely be at least 2-3 more just because there usually are, even if one or two only play mostly special teams.

There is no way there will be 10, however.

DistrictDawg92
03-19-2015, 11:58 AM
I said up to 10, but I realistically see about 6-8. Every year there seems to be 1 or 2 wtf redshirts burned. I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned Keith Joseph, smart kid who will work hard with a good motor. I see him playing before Mullins. Also I would not be surprised if Justin Johnson's redshirt is burned, he may be one of our best receiver blockers before he has even stepped on campus. He definitely has the size, if you are a reciever who can block well, Mullen will play you.

Coach34
03-19-2015, 12:51 PM
I think we can all agree that Lewis, Peters, and Adams will play.

After that, there will likely be at least 2-3 more just because there usually are, even if one or two only play mostly special teams.

There is no way there will be 10, however.

Im not convinced Adams will play. Jones, Big Adams, Nick James, Thomas, Hoyett...our staff has shown time and again that they aren't going to burn a year for talented guys if they can't break the 2 deep to get the playing time. Adams will not be as good as the top 4 DT's in 2015- so barring an injury- he could possibly RS

smootness
03-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Im not convinced Adams will play. Jones, Big Adams, Nick James, Thomas, Hoyett...our staff has shown time and again that they aren't going to burn a year for talented guys if they can't break the 2 deep to get the playing time. Adams will not be as good as the top 4 DT's in 2015- so barring an injury- he could possibly RS

We'll see. It may depend on how much Nelson or Jones play on the edge.

I'll be surprised if he redshirts, though. Everything I heard during his recruitment was that he could play right now, and I would guess he at least passes Hoyett immediately.

He gives us something we don't really have at DT right now, and he could play some DE as well.

Coach34
03-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Highly unlikely Jones or Nelson sees the edge again

every year people keep saying this 4-star or that 4-star is gonna play as a true Freshman- and we keep RS'ing most of them

smootness
03-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Highly unlikely Jones or Nelson sees the edge again

every year people keep saying this 4-star or that 4-star is gonna play as a true Freshman- and we keep RS'ing most of them

We've definitely played guys as true freshmen when they're ready. Obviously we've also redshirted guys. I think Adams will play.

Green would have played if he was fully healthy.

Coach34
03-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Green was a year out of his injury when he got to campus. Green RS'ed because he couldn't break the 2-deep

Just like Graham- Jamoral played because Tubby stayed hurt. It gave him a chance to get game reps. With McKinney, the Browns, and Turtle- Green wasn't going to get any reps. That's the way we handle things

BoomBoom
03-19-2015, 07:09 PM

true, but part of building a program is changing personnel strategy over time. has anyone analyzed how the numbers work out? do we have room to RS 20 guys, even with normal attrition?

besides, this is Dak's senior year. go for it. play everyone that can crack the 2 deep.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Green was a year out of his injury when he got to campus. Green RS'ed because he couldn't break the 2-deep

Just like Graham- Jamoral played because Tubby stayed hurt. It gave him a chance to get game reps. With McKinney, the Browns, and Turtle- Green wasn't going to get any reps. That's the way we handle things

The coaches did ask Green to play during the year but he chose to keep his RS. JT Gray chose to play.