PDA

View Full Version : Black Sails????

DanDority
03-18-2015, 04:23 PM
Am I the only one who is watching this show? I don't know why I still watch this show, it is slow and doesn't make much since to me anyway.

War Machine Dawg
03-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Hell no, I LOVE Black Sails. One of the best shows on tv in my opinion. Some really amazing writing. I think I could watch a new episode every day. Don't know why you think it's slow. It seems like a body is dropping or they're revealing some key twist in every episode.

mcain31
03-18-2015, 10:16 PM
I love Black Sails. Max, who's played by Jessica Parker Kennedy, keeps my attention.

Political Hack
03-27-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm a fan. I think living in that era would've been pretty amazing. I'd probably have ended up dead before I hit 20 trying to get my own ship...

I've spent some time in Ocracoke, where Blackbeard was killed, and read a lot while I was there. Pretty amazing lives they lead. I've always wondered why there aren't more pirate movies. Outside of the science fiction tales of Peter Pan and Pirates of the Caribbean, there aren't many "reality based" movies or shows.

mparkerfd20
03-27-2015, 02:20 PM
Is it a Starz only show? Is there anywhere else to see it? I saw one episode on a weekend when one of the packages was free and loved it.

Political Hack
03-27-2015, 04:26 PM
it's a Starz series, just like sopranos is a HBO series. they may have released season 1 for rent, or Netflix or something, but they're only 2 seasons in.

BulldogBear
03-27-2015, 06:01 PM
There's a lady at work that raves about it but I haven't watched it yet. I think it's because I know I will love it and I can only seem to find time for 3 shows or thereabouts that I can follow. Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Turn, and Vikings is likely it till one of 'em cancels or ends!

Political Hack
03-31-2015, 02:53 PM
There's a lady at work that raves about it but I haven't watched it yet. I think it's because I know I will love it and I can only seem to find time for 3 shows or thereabouts that I can follow. Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Turn, and Vikings is likely it till one of 'em cancels or ends!

this would replace Turn for me. I've pretty much lost interest in that one, although I'll probably watch the start of the new season.