PDA

View Full Version : Buy/sell. social media is only the lunatic fringe of The MSU/OM fanbases

Maroonthirteen
03-18-2015, 03:38 PM
I know a few rebels. They are fans but are the types that only attend a game now and then and have no idea what a message board is. They are fine people. But I see these strangers on twitter bickering everyday over minor stories. I saw some absolutely nasty comments regarding Dak last week from OM fans. Then this week. The fake twitter account story and everything surrounding it.... The arrest.... The LL deal today..... It just never stops on social media. But I can easily have a conversation today with the rebels I know in person with no mention of sports or all the bs off season stories. But my gosh, relations between Dogs and Rebs are damn near nuclear on social media. SDS can't post one mention of State without some JA Reb posting a disparaging comment. It is tough for me to differentiate the real relationship between the schools. Anyway... I want to say BUY.... I want to associate the relationship between the fans as I see in my everyday resl life. But i cant help but associate their school more towards their more public internet personalities. I think the real actual relationship between the schools is affected by the internet wars.... As evident by the response to the Godfrey article.

BrunswickDawg
03-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Sell - message board posters are bigger lunatics***

C222
03-18-2015, 04:12 PM
I know a few rebels. They are fans but are the types that only attend a game now and then and have no idea what a message board is. They are fine people. But I see these strangers on twitter bickering everyday over minor stories. I saw some absolutely nasty comments regarding Dak last week from OM fans. Then this week. The fake twitter account story and everything surrounding it.... The arrest.... The LL deal today..... It just never stops on social media. But I can easily have a conversation today with the rebels I know in person with no mention of sports or all the bs off season stories. But my gosh, relations between Dogs and Rebs are damn near nuclear on social media. SDS can't post one mention of State without some JA Reb posting a disparaging comment. It is tough for me to differentiate the real relationship between the schools. Anyway... I want to say BUY.... I want to associate the relationship between the fans as I see in my everyday resl life. But i cant help but associate their school more towards their more public internet personalities. I think the real actual relationship between the schools is affected by the internet wars.... As evident by the response to the Godfrey article.

BUY - I was messing around the other day and came across that @aemilner guy. Holy crap that guy is nuts. He comments on just about everything regarding MSU. Bonner, Wyatt, etc., will tweet something non-Ole Miss related and he will respond making fun of it. It's crazy.

thf24
03-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Hard to say. I know several Rebs too; one's a close friend and they're all good people, and none of them I'd think would ever output the kind of drivel you see on the social media. But there's also the fact that people tend to lose their social inhibitions when they're behind a keyboard. You never know who, in either fanbase, might come off as perfectly civil in person but get nasty under the perceived greater anonymity of the Internet.

JDog13
03-19-2015, 09:22 AM
BUY - I was messing around the other day and came across that @aemilner guy. Holy crap that guy is nuts. He comments on just about everything regarding MSU. Bonner, Wyatt, etc., will tweet something non-Ole Miss related and he will respond making fun of it. It's crazy.

You would talking about powerblueom. Formerly aemilner

Liverpooldawg
03-19-2015, 10:08 AM
It's basically the same people. The pseudo anonymity of the internet removes inhibitions.

RougeDawg
03-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Sell all day.

Is this even a serious question? What fan base stalks top recruits and sits outside their homes watching their every move? What fan base whores out their wife(wives) and hires a PI to bring NCAA sanctions on the other? These are just two instances, but there are many, many more. Open your damn eyes. Those bastards will be your friend all day to your face, and throw you under any bus possible when they are only around their own. That fan base would cheer for Satan if he were their head coach and they thought he could win football games and beat Mullen. Just thing about the things they defend, and the lengths that fan base will go to defend them. Let me know the coordinates of that rock you've been hiding under. I'll send a rescue team.

FlabLoser
03-19-2015, 11:43 AM
It's basically the same people. The pseudo anonymity of the internet removes inhibitions.

This.

It's like driving a car. There is distance between you and the next guy, so you don't mind honking the horn.

TUSK
03-19-2015, 11:44 AM
"lunatic fringe"????

both MSU and Ole Miss still have trees on campus, yes?

Maroonthirteen
03-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Yes, I really wanted to know the thoughts of others. Because I want to believe fans can be more civilized. However between all the things that have gone down over the past 15-20 years and twitter and fb comments. I am of the opinion. The people I know personally are the exception. The mirs guys, Xena, McCready and the guy that ran egg bowl.com are more representative of their fan base.

2012 Egg Bowl. I am leaving with a few minutes to go. Sorry but I can't stomach them celebrating with the trophy. Anyway, some rebel is standing at the top of the aisle in the State section filming with his phone the State fans exiting. I wanted to slap the phone out of his hand but I had my wife with me. But how crazy do you have to be to enjoy capturing the disappointed opponent rather than enjoying your 1st win in 4 years of the rivalry.