PDA

View Full Version : juco #2--OFFERED

tcdog70
03-18-2015, 02:29 PM
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Mississippi-State-offers-four-star-juco-36259614

thf24
03-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Sounds great size- and production-wise; decent offers too. I wonder what his shooting numbers are like?

Coach34
03-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Now just need a solid 3rd post player

msstate7
03-18-2015, 02:44 PM
I'll trust ray's judgement, but his stats aren't great

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2013-14/div1/players/mychalmulder8xxg

Dawg61
03-18-2015, 02:45 PM
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Mississippi-State-offers-four-star-juco-36259614

Great! Hope he signs with us. I like his offer sheet.

engie
03-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Been chasing for awhile...

Averaged 15.7 PPG on 49% shooting and 46.3% from 3 with 6.4 RPG and 1.1 assist to turnover ratio... 88-190 in 32 games from 3... He's one of the 4-5 best deep threats in JUCO. Was the leader on a team won their first 31 games this year. Listed as a small forward for them...

With no info whatsoever, I doubt our chances. Would be an absolutely massive pull in a massive position of need. If we could pull he and/or Macon from JUCO, it would go a long way toward helping our chances...

Dawg61
03-18-2015, 02:48 PM

46 3's made though at 39% shooting.

engie
03-18-2015, 02:49 PM

That was his freshman stats on a team that finished something like #3 nationally... He was their unquestioned leader this year...

engie
03-18-2015, 02:50 PM
46 3's made though at 39% shooting.

As a freshman...

Made 88 @ 46.3% from 3 as a soph...

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2014-15/div1/players/mychalmulder2hru

msstate7
03-18-2015, 02:51 PM
That was his freshman stats on a team that finished something like #3 nationally... He was their unquestioned leader this year...
Good deal

engie
03-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Pie in the sky IMO...

But these are the types of rabbits that Stansbury always seemed to pull that kept us competitive year in and year out thru a bunch of years that should have been rebuilds on paper. Ray has to find a way to get a player or two like this -- or we're going to be coach searching in a year...

msstate7
03-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Wonder if the timing of this offer means a transfer will be announced soon

Bothrops
03-18-2015, 03:03 PM
I like our chances if Ray can convince him just how badly we need him. We have very good basketball facilities.

maroonmania
03-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Sorry if I'm not keeping up well but who is JUCO#!?

msstate7
03-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Sorry if I'm not keeping up well but who is JUCO#!?

Thaddeus hall?

TheDogFather
03-18-2015, 03:41 PM
I like our chances if Ray can convince him just how badly we need him.

If he watched a game or two, he wouldn't need any convincing of how bad we need him.

tcdog70
03-18-2015, 03:57 PM

I believe Jones beat them last year.

msstate7
03-18-2015, 04:10 PM
I believe Jones beat them last year.

Yep your boy zuppardo tore em up

smootness
03-18-2015, 04:17 PM
I like our chances if Ray can convince him just how badly we need him. We have very good basketball facilities.

I hope so. Our pitch should be that he can come be a big contributor on a veteran team that he can take over the top and then be the unquestioned leader in year two.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-18-2015, 04:41 PM
We offered a Juco big man last week Ray Kasongo. Originally signed with Oregon.

msstate7
03-18-2015, 04:47 PM
We offered a Juco big man last week Ray Kasongo. Originally signed with Oregon.

Any chance?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Have no clue right now.

dawgs
03-18-2015, 05:23 PM

You must be a trusting fellow, cause ray ain't done nothing to earn our trust in recruiting. Mullen? Sure, he's earned the benefit of the doubt, but not ray.

engie
03-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Kasongo a PF that didn't start at his JUCO for the majority of the year. We badly need a JUCO C -- not PF....

smootness
03-18-2015, 05:56 PM
Kasongo a PF that didn't start at his JUCO for the majority of the year. We badly need a JUCO C -- not PF....

Eh, you find very few Cs in basketball anymore. Some teams barely have much in the way of a true forward.

A PF with decent size (6'9" or so) can easily be your 5 in college basketball.

smootness
03-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Was Kasongo a qualifier out of HS? Because this was his freshman year at JUCO.

chef dixon
03-18-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm glad we offer these guys last minute when other actually legitimate basketball programs are already looking at them. I'm sure we were they offer this guy was waiting on. I mean what the hell have we been doing for the last 3 years?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-18-2015, 06:02 PM

Honestly know 0 about the kid. Just know MSU & OM both offered last week & Kenny Payne & UK have been in contact with him.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Kid actually looks good. We're going to watch him tonight.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2015/02/juco-highlights-of-former-pikeville.html?m=1

chef dixon
03-18-2015, 06:26 PM
Kid actually looks good. We're going to watch him tonight.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2015/02/juco-highlights-of-former-pikeville.html?m=1

Wow he is active under the glass and very coordinated/agile for a big guy. Looks like he loves running the floor. We could definitely use him since our current bigs can't avoid tripping over their own feet.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Two thoughts:
1) We either don't feel good about Malik and are looking for next best available OR
2) We are trying to get rid of some people (Fred and TD come to mind) which I've heard is what they are trying to do.

thf24
03-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Two thoughts:
1) We either don't feel good about Malik and are looking for next best available

The fact that that should go without saying aside, wouldn't we have had to force some attrition to make room for Malik anyway?

msstate7
03-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Two thoughts:
1) We either don't feel good about Malik and are looking for next best available OR
2) We are trying to get rid of some people (Fred and TD come to mind) which I've heard is what they are trying to do.

So Dunlap will most likely be back?

thf24
03-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Wow he is active under the glass and very coordinated/agile for a big guy. Looks like he loves running the floor. We could definitely use him since our current bigs can't avoid tripping over their own feet.

Yep, definitely need a big guy with some skill under and around the basket. Not even Ware is that great down low, he's obviously more comfortable 10-15 feet out.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Dunlap is coming back although if it was up to me I would cut him. We have an open scholarship now. We saved it for Malik but obviously we need to sign somebody regardless.

msstate7
03-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Dunlap is coming back although if it was up to me I would cut him. We have an open scholarship now. We saved it for Malik but obviously we need to sign somebody regardless.

Sword
Ready
Ware
Zuppardo
Fred
Daniels
Dunlap
Black
Ndoye
Houston
Tookie
Weatherspoon
Strugg

Thats 13. Where are getting the open scholarship?

MabenMaroon
03-18-2015, 07:26 PM
We would just mess up the academic side of the transfer and either recruit would have sit out a year any way. That is probably where the space for Malik is coming from, the staff probably already knows they have screwed one of the incoming players academic admission up.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-18-2015, 10:02 PM
If we got Malik, Strugg would go to prep school. He's just not ready just as raw as Fallou. All of these moves are dependent on having someone to replace them. Obviously we aren't cutting Fred if we can't find someone to replace them. We truly should cut Dunlap the story is that now he isn't even shooting well in practice.

msstate7
03-18-2015, 10:09 PM
If we got Malik, Strugg would go to prep school. He's just not ready just as raw as Fallou. All of these moves are dependent on having someone to replace them. Obviously we aren't cutting Fred if we can't find someone to replace them. We truly should cut Dunlap the story is that now he isn't even shooting well in practice.

Really wouldn't mind seeing Fred or Daniels move on this year. Houston should be the primary 3 next season with Daniels or Fred giving him break

C222
03-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Was Kasongo a qualifier out of HS? Because this was his freshman year at JUCO.

Committed to Oregon out of HS but was denied admission so he signed with Southern Idaho.

Apparently he tried to sign with several schools but none of them worked out for whatever reason. Strange recruitment.

Quaoarsking
03-19-2015, 06:57 AM
Daniels is a redshirt junior, so it's plausible he could graduate by August and take a graduate transfer and play immediately somewhere else next year. However, if he can't graduate by August, he's not going anywhere because he'd have to sit out a year and he only has one more year left (unless he goes D2 or can get a hardship waiver for some reason).

I'm assuming Thomas won't be able to graduate by August since he is just a true junior, but maybe it's possible if he's taken a full load every semester and summer and didn't dick around as a freshman. If he can't graduate by August, he'd have to sit out a year, which he could since he's never redshirted, but I'm pretty skeptical that he'd want to.

msstate7
03-19-2015, 07:02 AM
Found this on kasongo...

http://zagsblog.com/articles/former-oregon-signee-ray-kasongo-piling-up-offers/

His production wasnt great this year

headcoach98
03-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Daniels/Thomas may very well have breakout seasons their last year at MSU, don't give up on them so quickly.

Coach34
03-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Daniels/Thomas may very well have breakout seasons their last year at MSU, don't give up on them so quickly.

Daniels or Thomas leaving makes no sense. They would have to drop down a level. Daniels had trouble getting out of juco- no way he is about to graduate. No way Fred is either

tcdog70
03-19-2015, 10:12 AM
Coach, it is clear that both players have some skill. TD could really be a player if he had any basketball IQ,It is clear also that both of these players aren't getting much Coaching. TD should be driving to the hole and getting on the free throw line. Instead he ***** foots around or either draws a charge or a turn over. he can shoot the three but neither of the players ever have a play set up for them to get a squared up shot.

smootness
03-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Thomas and Daniels both have some talent, but clearly they aren't productive due to [obviously biased statement]. I think they could be valuable members of the team, but [biased statement] is holding them back. I think that is obvious at this point, and the only solution is to [conclusion derived from biased reasoning]. No one can argue with that.

There, I think I've covered all the possible discussions about why Thomas and Daniels haven't been great to this point. It isn't worth having anymore.

This thread is about a couple of potential new options for next year. I hope we can pull one of them, it seems like they would absolutely help us out next year.

Coach34
03-19-2015, 10:51 AM
Coach, it is clear that both players have some skill. TD could really be a player if he had any basketball IQ,It is clear also that both of these players aren't getting much Coaching. TD should be driving to the hole and getting on the free throw line. Instead he ***** foots around or either draws a charge or a turn over. he can shoot the three but neither of the players ever have a play set up for them to get a squared up shot.

Smoot pointed out your biased statements- but from what I saw in person is that Daniels is stupid and Fred is timid. Those 2 things are hard as hell to coach.

I had SPED kid I coached once that turned out to be the best LB I ever had. Why? He was smart enough to do what you told him to do. Would tell him on flow away- squat and look for counter, bootleg, or reverse. And he did it every single damn time. Things like that. He didn't think- he did exactly what he was taught. Most stupid people aren't like that. They are stupid- but can't recognize that that are- so they try and think. The worst thing a player can say to a coach is "I thought...."

Fred is timid. He plays in spurts and that is his personality. Hard to get him out of his shell often enough for him to be consistent.

smootness
03-19-2015, 10:55 AM
The frustrating thing about Thomas is that he could be a PERFECT 'D and 3' guy that are so valuable in today's game.

Just play as hard as he can on defense with his length and athleticism, and literally just stand at the 3-point line on offense for spacing waiting to catch and shoot.

But he gets himself involved too much on offense and isn't confident enough in his shot.