03-18-2015, 06:41 AM
3-0 last night in postseason play...

Om 94
Byu 90 (Om was clearly better team)

aTm 81
Montana 64

Bama 79
Illinois 58

Maybe some of you were way too quick to dismiss our conference. I realize there's still lots of basketball to play, but good start

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-18-2015, 08:34 AM
Makes the argument stronger to get rid of Ray. SEC is getting better and help is on the way for most teams (A&M, Auburn, LSU). I can't wait to see Zuppardo though****

Goat from MSU
03-18-2015, 08:44 AM
Rick: You are missing MS. point .By the SEC being better ,we are better .Well here is my point A turd is a turd even if you paint it and perfumn it it still will be a turd . Let's flush the turd named Rick Ray now ,the smell is bad.
Makes the argument stronger to get rid of Ray. SEC is getting better and help is on the way for most teams (A&M, Auburn, LSU). I can't wait to see Zuppardo though****

thf24
03-18-2015, 08:54 AM
Funny how some days people say Ray sux because the SEC is getting worse and others Ray sux because the SEC is getting better. Not that either one is necessarily a fallacy, but it can't be both at the same time as some of you have indirectly claimed over the course of this season.

msstate7
03-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Rick: You are missing MS. point .By the SEC being better ,we are better .Well here is my point A turd is a turd even if you paint it and perfumn it it still will be a turd . Let's flush the turd named Rick Ray now ,the smell is bad.

I'm not saying we're better. Just debunking you guys' argument that the we were losing to terrible teams. We've got a long way to go

MadDawg
03-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Funny how some days people say Ray sux because the SEC is getting worse and others Ray sux because the SEC is getting better. Not that either one is necessarily a fallacy, but it can't be both at the same time as some of you have indirectly claimed over the course of this season.

Not quite.

If the SEC is the same bad conference it's been the last several years, then yes that wouldn't show well for Ray since we aren't much better than what we've been the last 3 years.

If the SEC is better, then that would show Ray is getting better too, albeit at a snails pace.

The reality is that we don't know how much, if any, the SEC is really a better basketball conference. Right now, it seems we are hanging our hat on being a better conference on having a couple more teams in the 60 - 70 range as opposed to the 80-90 range. Yawn.

Goat from MSU
03-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Sorry, to jump on Ray so much .Just sick of the way the program is being run . Ray is not the answer and the AD needs to man up before it gets any worse . My biggest fear is winning 18 games next year and us keeping him longer .

msstate7
03-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Sorry, to jump on Ray so much .Just sick of the way the program is being run . Ray is not the answer and the AD needs to man up before it gets any worse . My biggest fear is winning 18 games next year and us keeping him longer .

If he gets us to postseason play, we'll get a good to great recruiting class. Assuming some of the younger guys are showing progress next season, I think it would be good for our program

bluelightstar
03-18-2015, 10:23 AM
If he gets us to postseason play, we'll get a good to great recruiting class. Assuming some of the younger guys are showing progress next season, I think it would be good for our program

The other teams are bringing in better talent immediately. I honestly don't see any reason to feel good about where Ray has us headed.

smootness
03-18-2015, 11:09 AM
The other teams are bringing in better talent immediately. I honestly don't see any reason to feel good about where Ray has us headed.

Kentucky and LSU are bringing in better talent. The rest are pretty comparable to what that 2016 class will be for us.

Give me a coach you think can bring in multiple 5-stars in a year like UK and LSU.

dawgs
03-18-2015, 11:15 AM
LSU ain't the kinda program that brings in a bunch of 5* guys in basketball.

Also, let's not overreact much to 3 games. Y'all are like the anti-sec crowd that wants to start bashing the conference in football after 1 or 2 non-conference Ls.

Raytoraid83
03-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Kentucky and LSU are bringing in better talent. The rest are pretty comparable to what that 2016 class will be for us.

Give me a coach you think can bring in multiple 5-stars in a year like UK and LSU.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/245/class/2015

tcdog70
03-18-2015, 11:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/245/class/2015

The "Recruiter" strikes again***

msstate7
03-18-2015, 11:44 AM
The "Recruiter" strikes again***

If he gets credit for the great class, does he also get credit for the total collapse to finish the year?

Goat from MSU
03-18-2015, 12:09 PM
Why does it matter ,who cares .Texas A and M is still playing ball last time I looked we are not . Our 2015class pales to most everyone else in the SEC ,what are we 10th out of 14. You want a better team for next year ,here is what you do .Cut Daniels and Dunlap ,go fine a real shooter and a big man .Get rid of Ray find a real coach and let him coach.Quit thinking our incoming freshmen will add 10 more wins ,it will not happen. Please get real until Ray is gone we will not be any better.
If he gets credit for the great class, does he also get credit for the total collapse to finish the year?

msstate7
03-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Why does it matter ,who cares .Texas A and M is still playing ball last time I looked we are not . Our 2015class pales to most everyone else in the SEC ,what are we 10th out of 14. You want a better team for next year ,here is what you do .Cut Daniels and Dunlap ,go fine a real shooter and a big man .Get rid of Ray find a real coach and let him coach.Quit thinking our incoming freshmen will add 10 more wins ,it will not happen. Please get real until Ray is gone we will not be any better.

How many games did moody make Om better this year? Check out his offers vs weatherspoon's. Am I saying weatherspoon will turn us into an ncaa team? No, but you don't know what he'll do here next season. I do know weatherspoon went head-to-head with a sure fire Nba draft pick (Malik) and more than held his own. He had comparable numbers in those 2 games and won 1.

AGAIN I'm not saying weatherspoon will be the savior, but I think he steps on campus as talented as anyone we have

smootness
03-18-2015, 12:39 PM
LSU ain't the kinda program that brings in a bunch of 5* guys in basketball.

Also, let's not overreact much to 3 games. Y'all are like the anti-sec crowd that wants to start bashing the conference in football after 1 or 2 non-conference Ls.

Go check out LSU's recruiting class.

As to Raytoraid, you're right, I forgot about A&M. I will say, though, that it wouldn't surprise me at all if Simonds is a 5-star and Hicks is a 4-star this time next year.

tcdog70
03-18-2015, 04:30 PM

Well last I checked you were using injuries as an excuse for Ricky Ray, so that being said A&M lost their best player and another player at the end of the Year--so there is an excuse. It does take Players and some coaching to win games. A&M is giving Stans credit for the recruits--I'm sure He didn't do it all by Himself, but it is funny where ever he goes talent follows.

msstate7
03-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Well last I checked you were using injuries as an excuse for Ricky Ray, so that being said A&M lost their best player and another player at the end of the Year--so there is an excuse. It does take Players and some coaching to win games. A&M is giving Stans credit for the recruits--I'm sure He didn't do it all by Himself, but it is funny where ever he goes talent follows.

He's a great recruiter. I don't think stansbury is to blame for aTm's collapse.

dawgs
03-18-2015, 05:28 PM
Go check out LSU's recruiting class.

As to Raytoraid, you're right, I forgot about A&M. I will say, though, that it wouldn't surprise me at all if Simonds is a 5-star and Hicks is a 4-star this time next year.

I didn't say lsu wasn't bringing in a great class, just I wouldn't put them in the same breathe as kentucky based off 1 class. They aren't likely to keep bringing in multiple 5* guys a year.