LSU 9.5- under
OM 8.5- under
MSU 5.5- over
Mizz 5.5- under
SC 9.5- over
UT 5.5 - under
A&M 9.5- over
VU 7.5- under
Ark TBA- they gonna be shitty with a rough schedule, gonna be tough to get a 5th win

mic
06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
No chance rebs win 9 games.
Looks like 5 dimes is drinking that freeze kool-aide as well...

bgdog
06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
That counts post season? I've been meaning to switch to 5dimes. Bookmakers is great but doesnt put out as much stuff as 5dimes

Coach34
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
That counts post season? I've been meaning to switch to 5dimes. Bookmakers is great but doesnt put out as much stuff as 5dimes

no- that is regular season

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Can't believe A&M is 9.5 and not 10.5.

sandwolf
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
no- that is regular season

I would be pretty comfortable placing a large bet on the under for OM.

The way I see it, 6 sure fire wins wins would be a best case scenario.......and that includes a game @Auburn. Then I see 3 toss-ups against Vandy, MSU, and LSU (two of which are on the road), and 3 losses against A&M, Bama, and UT (I might would put UT in the toss-up category, if it was in Oxford). I would be absolutely shocked to see them win 9 games this year.

@Vanderbilt-TOSS-UP
Southeast Missouri State-WIN
@Texas-PROBABLE LOSS
@Alabama-LOSS
@Auburn-PROBABLE WIN
Texas A&M-LOSS
LSU-TOSS-UP
Idaho-WIN
Arkansas-WIN
Troy-WIN
Missouri-WIN
@Mississippi State-TOSS-UP

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2013, 02:57 PM
That seems like easy, easy, easy, easy money.

I don't see 6 wins on their schedule. At best, they may get 7.

FISHDAWG
06-26-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm drinking the pomegranate kool-aid .... I think 6 wins for us is almost a lock

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 03:04 PM
I don't get the OM blinders. This team finished the season strong. They return 19 starters, shackleford, nkemdiche, hooks, treadwell, and brassell. TE is their only bad spot. I hate it, but those cats are gonna be good this year unless they have injuries at QB.

Coach34
06-26-2013, 03:06 PM
I think OM wins 7- could get an 8th with an Egg Bowl win- but that aint happening

I think Egg Bowl ends up being our 7th. I could live with 6 but wont be ecstatic by any means. Less than 6 is unacceptable

msstate7
06-26-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't get the OM blinders. This team finished the season strong. They return 19 starters, shackleford, nkemdiche, hooks, treadwell, and brassell. TE is their only bad spot. I hate it, but those cats are gonna be good this year unless they have injuries at QB.

Wallace coming off shoulder surgery could be a disaster. Ct Bradford wasn't the same player after his. Not predicting Wallace to bomb this year, but I can see a big drop off being possible

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Wallace coming off shoulder surgery could be a disaster. Ct Bradford wasn't the same player after his. Not predicting Wallace to bomb this year, but I can see a big drop off being possible

Brunetti has come a long way. Having Moncrief and a good O-Line goes a long way.

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I think OM wins 7- could get an 8th with an Egg Bowl win- but that aint happening

I think Egg Bowl ends up being our 7th. I could live with 6 but wont be ecstatic by any means. Less than 6 is unacceptable

That will be a tough game for us. We won't be able to just line up and hit them. We are going to have to get creative and play a hell of a game. If JFF doesn't get his head on straight and A&M returns to earth, I could see OM finishing 2nd in the west.

FISHDAWG
06-26-2013, 03:19 PM

Nkemdiche = true freshman
Treadwell = true freshman
Brassell = can't qualify - wont even be in school this fall
Hooks = freshman or Juco (can't remember)
I do get your drift - I just think it will be in 2 years as opposed to this fall

Coach34
06-26-2013, 03:24 PM
That will be a tough game for us. We won't be able to just line up and hit them. We are going to have to get creative and play a hell of a game. If JFF doesn't get his head on straight and A&M returns to earth, I could see OM finishing 2nd in the west.

Home team in the Egg Bowl is 12-2 the last 14 years. Fant outdueled Eli and a much bettter OM team to win in Sville, as did Tyson Lee and Ralph. Only home losses are Jackie's last game with a team that had quit, and our win there over a team that had quit in 2011. Home field in this rivalry has become HUGE!!!!

OM is gonna lose to Bammer, A&M, Texas, and us for sure....they may get LSU this year- just as we will have a chance as well. We are in the middle of Georgia and Florida for LSU- should be on op for us to sneak one in

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 03:31 PM

Nm

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2013, 03:41 PM
I mean really? 2nd in the West?

Coach34
06-26-2013, 03:49 PM

People are just drunk on the OM kool-aid and the corresponding recruiting class.

Freeze didnt do anything Mullen do in his football season- Freezus just got lucky that Auburn and UPig were awful and that got them into a bowl game. They are going to be solid- but all their swing games are on the road. Just dont see them pulling off a shitload of road wins- especially when their QB may have be a little slow with the football early on. And if they have to go to Brunetti, they wont win more than 6

8 is best case, 7 likely, 6 with injuries to QB

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 03:52 PM

I took a lot of shit on SPS last year for predicting they would be playing us for their bowl eligibility come egg bowl time. I just choose not to be a blind homer when it comes to them. I don't need some Johnny signed up lately questioning my motives just bc I have a different opinion. That shit isn't supposed to be tolerated over here anyway.

FISHDAWG
06-26-2013, 03:56 PM
wrong - opinions are fair game, not the person .... besides, your prediction is kinda out there - Hancock was only questioning it out of shock reaction .... and I completely understand his bewilderment

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 03:59 PM
People are just drunk on the OM kool-aid and the corresponding recruiting class.

Freeze didnt do anything Mullen do in his football season- Freezus just got lucky that Auburn and UPig were awful and that got them into a bowl game. They are going to be solid- but all their swing games are on the road. Just dont see them pulling off a shitload of road wins- especially when their QB may have be a little slow with the football early on. And if they have to go to Brunetti, they wont win more than 6

I'm not drunk on anything. Like it or not, freeze has a good thing going on offense. Maybe the new wears off this year and coaches figure it out. I don't think it's gimmicky enough for that to be the case. I'm looking at 19 returning starters, a defense that plays HARD, and their strong finish last year. They got better as the season went and that's always a good sign. They played Bama, A&M, LSU and us tough as Hell. I ****ing hate them and hope they go 0-12. BUT-I can't look at them objectively and predict that for them. I say they finish 3rd or 4th in the west, but could go as high as 2nd with some luck. You take away their entire recruiting class and I'm not changing that prediction. The same folks saying 5 or 6 wins this year were saying 2-4 wins last year. Vegas seems to agree with me, as does Phil Steele. We will see, and I would love to be wrong. But those of you hoping for mediocrity out of them this year could be in for a long season.

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2013, 03:59 PM
So you see the Bears getting past us (We're MSU), and Texas A&M or Bama in order to finish 2nd in the west.

Really, 2nd?

I thought this board was going to be free of posters who basically apologize for being a MSU fan and are so busy lapping up everything that Ole Miss puts out there as opposed to realizing that with all the hoopla of last year's team we still had a better record than them.

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 04:03 PM
wrong - opinions are fair game, not the person .... besides, your prediction is kinda out there - Hancock was only questioning it out of shock reaction .... and I completely understand his bewilderment

He's accusing me of being a bear. **** that. And his homerism leaves me shaking my head at times. Like I said, same reactions from same folks at my prediction last year. It came true. I'm not saying they will finish second, only that its possible. My actual prediction is between 2nd and 4th. 4th more likely than 2nd. Feel better?

mic
06-26-2013, 04:06 PM

Agree 100%.. Mullen won 5 with Tyson at qb and didn't have the down Aub or Ark teams..
I do feel like they beat someone they aren't suppose too. (texas am or lsu) but don't be shocked if they lose at Mizzu.. lots of swing games all on the road Aub, vandy, us.. they don't win all 3 of those. may not win any of those.. If they give off to be a bad start that could snowball to 5 wins..

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 04:09 PM
So you see the Bears getting past us (We're MSU), and Texas A&M or Bama in order to finish 2nd in the west.

Really, 2nd?

I thought this board was going to be free of posters who basically apologize for being a MSU fan and are so busy lapping up everything that Ole Miss puts out there as opposed to realizing that with all the hoopla of last year's team we still had a better record than them.

This board is not a free pass for idiotic homerism. It's to present objective information and opinions, whatever they may be. I've presented reasons for my opinion. You're reason is "we're MSU". Until you can come up with something more substantial, I'm moving on.

Coach34
06-26-2013, 04:10 PM

Really, 2nd?

The man just gave his opinion and backed it up with facts why. Nothing wrong with that. This place was set up to stay free of Rebel trolling- not for everyone to have the same opinion

Coach34
06-26-2013, 04:12 PM
I'll disagree about them playing Bama tough- it 27-7 at halftime and they barely crossed 200 yards of total offense

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Agree 100%.. Mullen won 5 with Tyson at qb and didn't have the down Aub or Ark teams..
I do feel like they beat someone they aren't suppose too. (texas am or lsu) but don't be shocked if they lose at Mizzu.. lots of swing games all on the road Aub, vandy, us.. they don't win all 3 of those. may not win any of those.. If they give off to be a bad start that could snowball to 5 wins..

I don't disagree with this overall. I admit I don't have a good feel for Arkansas and auburn. Those are wildcards. LSU is down enough that they should lose to Bama, A&M, maybe Florida, and one out of us, OM, and auburn (always a tough game). A&M takes a step back in my mind this year. They lost some key pieces. OM can definitely win that game. I would like to think we could too, but it's away and I don't have a good feel for our defense under Collins yet. OM and Vandy are similar talent wise. If they lose that toss up right out the gate, then 2nd is obviously gone. If I had to predict the top 4 right now, I would go Bama, A&M, OM, LSU.

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I'll disagree about them playing Bama tough- it 27-7 at halftime and they barely crossed 200 yards of total offense

Rephrase. Tougher than us.

civildawg
06-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Just remember last year everyone was loading up on the rebs 5.5 last year saying they would never get to six wins and look what happened

Coach34
06-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Just remember last year everyone was loading up on the rebs 5.5 last year saying they would never get to six wins and look what happened

Werent we 6.5 last year?

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Werent we 6.5 last year?

7.5 I think. Phil Steele had us 10-2. This year he doesn't have us in a bowl game.

Sandman14
06-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Ole Miss clearly would be favored over MSU at this point.

What Ole Miss is doing is scary. You are kidding yourself to say otherwise. They will be tough on defense, and you know they'll score plenty with that Freeze offense.

I see 7 regular season wins as a floor for them. With some luck, they could easily win 9.

Until Mullen proves he can run a dangerous offense with a passing system (as opposed to a read option), I can't say that I'm overly optimistic. I'd rather see us go to a read option offense as quickly as possible. As for next year, we'll go with Russell and he'll be damn good at passing. But I'm not sure we won't be too predictable to win big.

Coach34
06-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Here's why I don't fear Freezus and OM:

If everything goes their way and they avoid injuries- they are a 9 win team...so move ahead to 2014:

They will lose 3 starters in the OL
They lose Moncrief and probably CJ to early entry NFL
They lose Scott
Brassell will be gone after 2013- no way they get 2 years out of him
Plus a few other Sr's

While they will still be solid- losing all those guys for 2014 puts them right back at a 7-8 win team. They will not challenge for the SEC West- just like we aren't with it like it is currently

engie
06-26-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't disagree with this overall. I admit I don't have a good feel for Arkansas and auburn. Those are wildcards. LSU is down enough that they should lose to Bama, A&M, maybe Florida, and one out of us, OM, and auburn (always a tough game). A&M takes a step back in my mind this year. They lost some key pieces. OM can definitely win that game. I would like to think we could too, but it's away and I don't have a good feel for our defense under Collins yet. OM and Vandy are similar talent wise. If they lose that toss up right out the gate, then 2nd is obviously gone. If I had to predict the top 4 right now, I would go Bama, A&M, OM, LSU.

So, do you think you have a good feel for that Mizzou team that spent basically the entire season last year without 3 starting OL to injury -- a t-total badass running back(Josey) -- and their first string QB(Franklin)? Nevermind the #1 overall recruit Dorial Green-Beckham coming back as a soph...

People are selling that team WAYYYY short based on what happened last year. One bowl missed(barely) in their first year in the SEC given all the injuries = written off as a bottom dweller and sure win for Ole Miss = MAJOR red flag. And our fans fall for this trap right along beside their fans...

It's like people forget that Mizzou has been to 7 straight bowls -- and averaged 9 wins/yr over that time frame(yes, 63 wins in 7 years prior to last year) -- and suddenly think they "are" what we saw in one season(which I'm calling an outlier not reflecting on their actual quality as a team)...

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm much more worried about the Bears in 2014.

CJ is a tweener and won't be going anywhere after this year, I think you are right about Moncrief though. My concern is that most of the defense that I see causing The bears problems this year, will be coming back in 2014. The only two seniors starting on defense are Marry and Sawyer. That is why they struggle this year, but in 2014, they could be pretty good.

I'm just surprised that you think we might just win 6. Maybe I'm drinking too much of the look-aid lately but I see a team with veteran OL, Qb, and HB. I think you are right about the secondary being better than we realize, so when I look at schedule I see 4 guaranteed wins, and three losses. ****, now that I do the math, I see what you are saying about 6 wins.

I still think we beat AU, Ark and OM, so that is 4-4 in the SEC which should put us at somewhere between 7-8 wins.

engie
06-26-2013, 07:02 PM
"Joe Lee" Wommack's defensive scheme is on borrowed time....given all his previous tenures at other schools....

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Is that what they ran last year? No wonder Texas destroyed them.

In our game they didn't seem to blitz that often, our OL struggled against three man fronts all damn game. Dear god that was a pitiful performance by our OL.

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 10:14 PM
So, do you think you have a good feel for that Mizzou team that spent basically the entire season last year without 3 starting OL to injury -- a t-total badass running back(Josey) -- and their first string QB(Franklin)? Nevermind the #1 overall recruit Dorial Green-Beckham coming back as a soph...

People are selling that team WAYYYY short based on what happened last year. One bowl missed(barely) in their first year in the SEC given all the injuries = written off as a bottom dweller and sure win for Ole Miss = MAJOR red flag. And our fans fall for this trap right along beside their fans...

It's like people forget that Mizzou has been to 7 straight bowls -- and averaged 9 wins/yr over that time frame(yes, 63 wins in 7 years prior to last year) -- and suddenly think they "are" what we saw in one season(which I'm calling an outlier not reflecting on their actual quality as a team)...

This is actually a very good point, and no I hadn't thought about that. Look, I hope OM loses every toss up on their schedule. But their last few games last year were impressive. Life is tough in the SEC, so predictions are hard once you get past LSU, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida.

Coach34
06-26-2013, 10:31 PM
But their last few games last year were impressive.

See, this is where the propaganda comes in. They finished the season with these 5:

Dominated by Georgia 37-10. Only had 75 yards of total offense the last 3 quarters
Lost at home to Vandy and blew a lead
Lost a tough game to LSU
Won the Egg Bowl on their home field
Dominated a 6-6 Pitt team from the Big East

They were blown out by Georgia, blew a game to Vandy, played LSU tough as always, beat us when we couldnt take advantage of their turnovers, and blew out a terrible team in a shitty bowl

sandwolf
06-26-2013, 11:15 PM
See, this is where the propaganda comes in. They finished the season with these 5:

Dominated by Georgia 37-10. Only had 75 yards of total offense the last 3 quarters
Lost a tough game to LSU

They were blown out by Georgia, blew a game to Vandy, played LSU tough as always, beat us when we couldnt take advantage of their turnovers, and blew out a terrible team in a shitty bowl

This is actually a good point. But, it also highlights what makes me a little bit nervous about Freeze.....he had that team playing with everything they had for the entire season. After the beat down they took at UGA and two extremely deflating losses to Vandy and LSU, they played through the mistakes in the first half of the Egg Bowl and completely dominated us in the second half. Granted, they were playing for bowl eligibility, but I saw the same effort throughout the games against both Bama and Texas, even after the outcome had been determined.

If he keeps recruiting at a high level and he can continue to get those guys to play at the same level as last season, then the bears will start making some serious noise.

PMDawg
06-27-2013, 07:44 AM

Lost a tough game to LSU

I don't want to belabor this topic any longer, but I watched 4 of these 5 games. So, "propaganda" does not apply in my situation. Again, I hope they go 0 for their next 100, but I'm not holding my breath that they will suck this year.

Coach34
06-27-2013, 08:42 AM
I think they will be a good football team in 2013- I just think people saying they could challenge for the West are taking it too far