PDA

View Full Version : Lineup for Tonight

bulldogcountry1
03-17-2015, 02:05 PM
What do you think? I don't have any major issues with the lineup lately, so any major shakeups isn't really necessary. It's the approach and the strategy that needs to change, not the personnel.

If I know Cohen, though, he'll put out a real head scratcher with Rea leading off, or something ridiculous like that. Then, he will proceed to do what he always does and bunt after Rea doubles.

To me, there are only 3 guys who have been swinging the bat in anger: Brown (when he isn't forced to bunt), Humpreys, and Rooker. Rea essentially reverted back to old Rea this past weekend and is only looking for walks. Humphreys is turning a corner. He hit the ball pretty well this past weekend, but right at some guys. He didn't have much to show for it, but he looks much better. Some of you are still leaving Brown out of your lineups, and I don't understand why.

Tbonewannabe
03-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Brown and Heck are the only guys I say have to play everyday. Everyone else needs to step up.

Schultzy
03-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Is Collins hurt again?

Homedawg
03-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Is Collins hurt again?

My understanding is he feels fine one day and then it hurts the next. He was hurting this weekend, thus his absence from the line up.

engie
03-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Collins needs to nut up. If it was well enough to be medically cleared to play in the first place -- it's well enough to play through some residual pain. I can see taking it slow through the early nonconference. Sitting in SEC play when you are direly needed with what virtually amounts to the dreams of the season(hosting) on the line, unless there was a "reinjury" that's being kept quiet, is taking it too far.

If we're going to talk the talk about being a hard-nosed team, let's be a hard-nosed team. I'm tired of the mental midget stuff that's crept in the last two years(mainly talking pitchers right now)....