PDA

View Full Version : Ask the right questions about FinsUpAP

PassInterference
03-17-2015, 01:13 PM
You've seen these cliches on TV. "Follow the money." Or, "Who benefited?" The answers to those questions lie at FinsUpAP's feet.

Look, smack talk and insults are daily occurrence on Twitter. Intelligentsia is questioned every minute, every day. People tweeting about sports and rivalries expect this. Its a sport.

But by God, question FinsUpAP's authenticity and out came the Rebel social militia taking aim at families and employers. Like clockwork. Trade insults all you want with anybody, but FinsUpAP was the third rail. A holy line that shall not be crossed.

Why did well-seasoned twitter warriors, people used to trading harmless social media barbs, consistently break out the nukes on FinsUpAP's behalf? I can think of no other situation or topic that brought out the kind of vitriol that questioning FinsUpAP's legitimacy did.

Who benefited from that? What was so sacred that having strangers fired was an acceptable sacrifice in defending AP's honor? What was being protected that was so damn important?

Was the FinsUpAP brand so important to Make It Rain Sports that any opponent had to be nuked? Was Make It Rain Sports so profitable that any threat to its brand had to be shut down at any cost?

Was AP's social media relationship with Hugh Freeze so important to the Ole Miss football program that AP's honor had to be protected at all costs? Was AP actually important to Ole Miss recruiting? Is the secrecy around AP a threat to Hugh Freeze's NCAA integrity? Is she the gateway to SMU'ing Ole Miss?

I don't know the answer to any of these questions.

But it just sure as hell looks like something awfully damn vital was behind FinsUpAP. Something had to justify the social warfare that defended AP.

The truth is out there. And the folks acting like idiots about this are the ones who are afraid of it.

C222
03-17-2015, 01:17 PM
You've seen these cliches on TV. "Follow the money." Or, "Who benefited?" The answers to those questions lie at FinsUpAP's feet.

Look, smack talk and insults are daily occurrence on Twitter. Intelligentsia is questioned every minute, every day. People tweeting about sports and rivalries expect this. Its a sport.

But by God, question FinsUpAP's authenticity and out came the Rebel social militia taking aim at families and employers. Like clockwork. Trade insults all you want with anybody, but FinsUpAP was the third rail. A holy line that shall not be crossed.

Why did well-seasoned twitter warriors, people used to trading harmless social media barbs, consistently break out the nukes on FinsUpAP's behalf? I can think of no other situation or topic that brought out the kind of vitriol that questioning FinsUpAP's legitimacy did.

Who benefited from that? What was so sacred that having strangers fired was an acceptable sacrifice in defending AP's honor? What was being protected that was so damn important?

Was the FinsUpAP brand so important to Make It Rain Sports that any opponent had to be nuked? Was Make It Rain Sports so profitable that any threat to its brand had to be shut down at any cost?

Was AP's social media relationship with Hugh Freeze so important to the Ole Miss football program that AP's honor had to be protected at all costs? Was AP actually important to Ole Miss recruiting? Is the secrecy around AP a threat to Hugh Freeze's NCAA integrity? Is she the gateway to SMU'ing Ole Miss?

But it just sure as hell looks like something awfully damn vital was behind FinsUpAP. Something had to justify the social warfare that defended AP.

The truth is out there. And the folks acting like idiots about this are the ones who are afraid of it.

At the time AP was active on Twitter and most everyone knew she was fake, were there other people defending her legitimacy besides MIRS?

Coach34
03-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Actually- very few people knew she was fake. It was defended at all costs- to the point that the account outed personal facts about people who questioned it. And very much defended by others than MIRS- to the point of random people claiming to have met "her"

Westdawg
03-17-2015, 03:01 PM
true on all accounts, C34.

Let's try this "hypothetical" scenario:

AP ( all her accounts), were the handlers for initiating contact with recruits, and was used for setting up places to meet with said recruits during visits - these meetings were for meeting girls, meeting "friends of the program" and taking care of any "business". Lots...LOTS of private messaging to high profile recruits and even to some alums who wanted to be part of the action. THIS is why so many defended her...maybe even why some in media were given the push to make sure she was considered a legit/real person in order to deflect any attention that otherwise would have been drawn.......

sometimes you just hear things that make you go "huh"

NashDawgMan
03-17-2015, 09:36 PM

Edited for ridiculousness

Barking 13
03-17-2015, 11:14 PM
Queen of the Network****

Saltydog
03-18-2015, 08:16 AM
this week. Anyone heard anymore or is this all we know and are ever going to know? I think this thing goes way deeper than what most realize just from seeing the surface. Can that be proven, not sure but it doesn't need to die.

Coach34
03-18-2015, 08:56 AM
It probably can't be proven- but Freezus knew it was a fake account they were using to help recruit.

Saltydog
03-18-2015, 09:16 AM
illegally contacted recruits? That to me is the biggest issue here.

Coach34
03-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Highly doubt it can be proven. But as I wrote about with #TheNetwork- this is the latest example of their guys working together to orchestrate recruiting. They have a system that works to do things like this- we don't

Maroonthirteen
03-18-2015, 09:40 AM
Its obvious to me the ones behind this have been the most active and vocal. Who would that be? Regardless, it doesn't matter anymore. The lead investigator (if you will) has said on his show, he thinks it is the act of a lone crazy fan. Maybe that lone crazy is one of the MIRS guys. ...But that statement suggest to me it is over with.

Anyway, contacting recruits on twitter is equivalent to speeding. Nobody cares but the Gordo,AL PD sitting in the Bryan Building.

The one thing that should come of this... Is HS coaches and parents need to understand what they could be dealing with regarding OM recruitment of their player.

Saltydog
03-18-2015, 10:03 AM
press criminal charges. If it was me, that's exactly what I would do.

Political Hack
03-18-2015, 10:53 AM
Freeze knew that account was helping them with recruiting and made sure he leveraged it as much as he possibly could. Whether he knew the person was a fake is still debatable IMO, but he damn sure helped promote and publicize AP (publicly and privately).

DancingRabbit
03-18-2015, 10:55 AM
Not sure about criminal charges. It's a gray area at most.

However filing civil suit seems like a no-brainer. Any reasonable amount and it would get settled quickly. No way they let their phone/text records get subpoenaed.

press criminal charges. If it was me, that's exactly what I would do.

Political Hack
03-18-2015, 10:57 AM
Not sure about criminal charges. It's a gray area at most.

However filing civil suit seems like a no-brainer. Any reasonable amount and it would get settled quickly. No way they let their phone/text records get subpoenaed.

Freeze's phone records and tweets would also have cause to be subpoena'd. They'd settle before they let that happen.

codeDawg
03-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Flab should be the one filing a civil suit. He has real damages.

blacklistedbully
03-18-2015, 11:18 AM
Freeze knew that account was helping them with recruiting and made sure he leveraged it as much as he possibly could. Whether he knew the person was a fake is still debatable IMO, but he damn sure helped promote and publicize AP (publicly and privately).

^ This all day. At a minimum Freeze looks like an imbecile for twittering with this, "girl", and viewed her as an asset to recruiting. At worst, he knew about it and used it to defy NCAA rules on recruiting contacts.

So, is Freeze cheating or is he just a bozo?

BrunswickDawg
03-18-2015, 11:39 AM
^
Yes.

TXDawg
03-18-2015, 11:39 AM

Can I vote "all of the above"?

FlabLoser
03-18-2015, 01:08 PM
I think you have to vote all of the above. The man has argued on twitter with a parody of himself.

smootness
03-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Freeze's phone records and tweets would also have cause to be subpoena'd. They'd settle before they let that happen.

You can only settle if the other side agrees, though.

The girl whose picture was used said she's not mad, so I seriously doubt she really cares that much. But if Flab's information was publicly displayed and he can show negative consequences, then yes, he should be able to file some kind of claim.