PDA

View Full Version : Basketball transfer season has started

Dawg61
03-17-2015, 12:51 PM
What can we expect? Fred, Dunlap, Daniels, Ndoye, Zuppardo all coming back? What happened with Fred Thomas in the last game? Zero minutes.

AROB44
03-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Fred transferring would make no difference. He is not an SEC player......not that we have many.

dawgs
03-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Ray needs to go find himself a Lawrence Roberts and Shane power if he wants to have a shot.

BiscuitEater
03-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Fred transferring would make no difference. He is not an SEC player......not that we have many.

Name the SEC players we have. Am thinking Sword & Ready. Anyone else that would be starting for any mid-SEC team?

Name the SEC players Ray has recruited. Anyone else besides Ready?

Name the SEC players that have transferred into Ray's team. None.

If Ray wants to have a chance to stay beyond Mar '16, he needs some SEC players NOW, this year.

Jacksondevildog
03-17-2015, 02:00 PM
I've heard we are looking at a walk on from Richland that never played any varsity minutes. We need practice bodies. **

msstate7
03-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Name the SEC players we have. Am thinking Sword & Ready. Anyone else that would be starting for any mid-SEC team?

Name the SEC players Ray has recruited. Anyone else besides Ready?

Name the SEC players that have transferred into Ray's team. None.

If Ray wants to have a chance to stay beyond Mar '16, he needs some SEC players NOW, this year.

He has 1 (weatherspoon) for sure on the way.

Tookie could be. I think he will be

If Ray survives next year, Simonds and hicks are certainly sec players

Dawg61
03-17-2015, 02:02 PM

It'd free up a spot for a Juco or maybe this Bama decommit or the other Callaway player not MN.

Jacksondevildog
03-17-2015, 02:03 PM
It shouldn't take us until year 5 to get SEC players.

Dawg61
03-17-2015, 02:06 PM
He has 1 (weatherspoon) for sure on the way.

Tookie could be. I think he will be

If Ray survives next year, Simonds and hicks are certainly sec players

I think you've got it Backwards. Tookie is the SEC starter imo.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-17-2015, 02:09 PM
I think you've got it Backwards. Tookie is the SEC starter imo.

Both have it right. Weatherspoon & Tookie are both SEC guys.

msstate7
03-17-2015, 02:11 PM
It shouldn't take us until year 5 to get SEC players.

This is true. Hopefully better late than never though

BiscuitEater
03-17-2015, 02:15 PM
I've heard we are looking at a walk on from Richland that never played any varsity minutes. We need practice bodies. **

Current walk-on, this year's team, used to practice with the women's team (fact); But, they were too rough for him. ** (fiction)

BiscuitEater
03-17-2015, 02:22 PM
Both have it right. Weatherspoon & Tookie are both SEC guys.

NEITHER are SEC guys .. at least not until they 'show up' and prove it on the floor. They both may have SEC potential but they aren't SEC Guys .. yet.

Dunlap and Zuppardo were going to be SEC guys this year. Both were injured. Jury is still out on both.

Two years ago, Daniels was 'hailed' as an SEC player on MSU boards. Didn't pass ONE math test to get qualified. This year, he was gonna be an SEC guy. Sorry, he still needs some work.

Goat from MSU
03-17-2015, 02:27 PM
What you guys hope better not happen is if Sword gets his hours to graduate in August, he could then leave and go anywhere he wants and that is would really kill it. By the way I feel Thomas will leave ,no proof just a gut feeling.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-17-2015, 02:28 PM
NEITHER are SEC guys .. at least not until they 'show up' and prove it on the floor. They both may have SEC potential but they aren't SEC Guys .. yet.

Dunlap and Zuppardo were going to be SEC guys this year. Both were injured. Jury is still out on both.

Two years ago, Daniels was 'hailed' as an SEC player on MSU boards. Didn't pass ONE math test to get qualified. This year, he was gonna be an SEC guy. Sorry, he still needs some work.

Ok since we are being technical both have SEC talent. Is that a better statement? The other 3 guys you named all had questions about whether or not they could compete in the SEC. The only question these 2 have is whether Tookie had the height to play in the SEC. Not saying either will become All SEC but there are way less question marks about these 2 guys compared to the others you mentioned.

Dawg61
03-17-2015, 02:36 PM
What you guys hope better not happen is if Sword gets his hours to graduate in August, he could then leave and go anywhere he wants and that is would really kill it. By the way I feel Thomas will leave ,no proof just a gut feeling.

He'd have to wait till August to be eligible to do that and by then it's too late to transfer to another team for the 2015-16 season. He'd have like a week to get everything done. Not happening.

smootness
03-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Sword needs to stay and keep doing what he's doing. He will be our unquestioned star next year, and he keeps getting better. He's not going to go anywhere else next year that will allow him the freedom to develop and showcase himself like he'll be able to here.

People always assume unhappiness in guys. I have no reason to believe Sword is unhappy at State.

Coach34
03-17-2015, 03:25 PM
Fred is going to be a Sr but not about to graduate. He would have to sit a year. Fred isn't going anywhere

Madisonmd
03-17-2015, 08:32 PM
There is chance Thomas may be leaving. Up in the air right now. Some chatter that Daniels could be moving on, again unconfirmed.

msstate7
03-17-2015, 08:43 PM
There is chance Thomas may be leaving. Up in the air right now. Some chatter that Daniels could be moving on, again unconfirmed.

I want Houston logging the mins at sf next season.

tcdog70
03-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Chicken is SEC player and I think our other best Talent is Houston. Ready is just an average player.

chef dixon
03-18-2015, 12:01 AM
Chicken is SEC player and I think our other best Talent is Houston. Ready is just an average player.

I agree. I don't watch Ready play and think "talent." He is average as they come, which is not a bad thing, but nothing special. Weatherspoon has some composure to his game that no one on our team currently has. Jury is out on to whether he can make a smooth transition to the college game.

Madisonmd
03-18-2015, 06:31 AM
Weatherspoon has to learn to work hard and play hard like many kids where game has been easy for him to date . If he does could be a factor by 2nd or 3rd year, probably not a difference maker right out of the gate.

thf24
03-18-2015, 07:46 AM
Weatherspoon has to learn to work hard and play hard like many kids where game has been easy for him to date . If he does could be a factor by 2nd or 3rd year, probably not a difference maker right out of the gate.

He seems to have a good basketball IQ and is fairly polished for a Mississippi player. I wouldn't bet on him being an instant boost as some among us allegedly think, but he's got all the tools to be at least a solid SEC player and contributor by his second year, maybe even late first. No guarantees with any new player, of course.