PDA

View Full Version : MSU Quest Program( Engineering)

Goat from MSU
03-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Have any of you or your kids been in this Summer Program. My Daughter has a chance to do it this summer.I know you are wondering does Goat have a daughter this smart .Yes ,she is and pretty too.

MadDawg
03-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Looks legit. I hope my daughter will be interested in this when she in a senior.

Johnson85
03-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Have any of you or your kids been in this Summer Program. My Daughter has a chance to do it this summer.I know you are wondering does Goat have a daughter this smart .Yes ,she is and pretty too.

You're asking whether you should send your pretty teenage daughter to a summer camp full of guys who heard about a summer engineering program and decided that sounded like a good way to spend their summer? Did the all girls cruise to Antarctica to study weather patterns fall through or something? The answer seems so obvious that I'm thinking maybe I misunderstood the question.

Goat from MSU
03-17-2015, 04:00 PM
No ,just being cute .Trying to find out if it is a good program ,is it worth what I have to spend.
You're asking whether you should send your pretty teenage daughter to a summer camp full of guys who heard about a summer engineering program and decided that sounded like a good way to spend their summer? Did the all girls cruise to Antarctica to study weather patterns fall through or something? The answer seems so obvious that I'm thinking maybe I misunderstood the question.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-17-2015, 04:57 PM
No ,just being cute .Trying to find out if it is a good program ,is it worth what I have to spend.

How much is it? This would probably be a great investment if Engineering is a career she wants to pursue or she will find out she doesn't want to do it. Several of my friends went through through their sophomore and some their junior years and then switched to something else. People can get really burned out going through all of the pre reqs before they get into their major specific classes. At least she could get a feeling of what is out there before making the decision.

sleepy dawg
03-17-2015, 08:56 PM
Only if she really, really wants too. Personally, I would've rather spent that time having fun. She's only 4-5 years away from never getting a real summer break again. Why spend that time working? There's plenty of time to do that bs later.

Dawg Corps
03-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Anything that encourages her to pursue a graduate engineering degree and/or exposes her to what that requires and entails is a huge plus. Go for it.

FlabLoser
03-18-2015, 09:15 AM
What's the gist of this program?

Goat from MSU
03-18-2015, 10:06 AM
It is living on campus for 3 weeks working with grad students and professors on research projects.
What's the gist of this program?

Howboutdemdogs
03-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Both of my daughter did it. Now one is graduating in Chem E from State, and the other is a Freshman in Bio Eng. It is a great program, which they had alot of fun. They actually made friends that they still have in school. Don't let the idea of "no girls in the program" or only"geeks". One of my daughters is on the dance team there, and the other is a cheerleader. Let them go learn and have fun.