PDA

View Full Version : Jenkins wrong player arrested?

starkvegasdawg
03-17-2015, 10:08 AM
SB Nation has a story out saying that it was Grant Harris and Brandon Bryant that attacked the student back in February. His attorney did not know why Jenkins was arrested. Per the affadavit Harris punched him in the face breaking his nose and knocking out some teeth. Bryant was accused of assault for hitting him with a snowball. How the hell do you get charged with assault for throwing a snowball? I guess my wife and kids and press charges against me now. I threw a bunch of snowballs at them a few weeks ago. Throw me in Parchman...I'm a danger to society.

CJDAWG85
03-17-2015, 10:12 AM
This is all started because of a snowball? I've never heard of anyone pressing charges over a snowball.

Homedawg
This guy is stirring the pot. Don't buy this report. He's trying to shed a bad light on two guys that didn't do anything. Go w that.

bluelightstar
Assault for throwing a snowball!? This pisses me off so bad that one of our fans would do something like that.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/3/17/8152631/mississippi-state-football-players-arrests

bluelightstar
03-17-2015, 10:14 AM
In fact, I'm almost positive that this guy started something during the snowball fight and Harris finished it.

RichardHarrow
03-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Pressing charges against Harris for punching him in the face is one thing, Bryant was just trying to help reduce swelling by putting ice on it*

Political Hack
things snowballed quickly.

HancockCountyDog
A snowball? Really?

Too ****ing funny.

starkvegasdawg
03-17-2015, 10:16 AM
If you're that big a p*ssy then don't get into a snowball fight wit a 270lbs lineman. That's pretty simple.

bluelightstar
03-17-2015, 10:16 AM
I am livid -- this really is the type of "ambulance chasing" that gives lawyers a bad name.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CATvX0UVAAAECN4.png

Homedawg
03-17-2015, 10:19 AM
As I said, don't buy this guy's story. Harris and Bryant didn't do anything of the sort. They are innocent.

TXDawg
03-17-2015, 10:29 AM
OK...a couple of things here:

1) The SBNation article is written by Steven Godfrey. That, if nothing else, should identify it as a hit piece. Why is Godfrey "investigating" incidents involving MSU football players?
2) Bluelightstar calls the affiant an MSU fan. Read the article more carefully and look at the picture. Godfrey calls the affiant a "21-year old junior", but never indicates what school he attends. I'm not an internet research wizard, but what are the odds that this is a UM student who was visiting campus? Alternately, he could be an MSU student, but a UM "fan".
3) Finally, looking at the picture in the article, I have a hard time viewing those injuries as a "felony assault" as claimed in the affidavit.

This is some trumped up BS that will blow over quickly.

Liverpooldawg
03-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Godfrey wrote it? Well we know where the whole thing comes from now.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Why some people give Godfrey and SBNation page views, I'll never know. Someone had to tip him off about the incident. Does the Meyers kid go to MSU?

EAVdog
03-17-2015, 10:47 AM
So journalists have stooped so low as to get a 'scoop' from a personal injury lawyer. That's pretty weak even from Godfrey.

mstatefan91
03-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Yeah Meyers goes to MSU.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Also interesting that the attorney (Wilkins) is an ole miss graduate. He also appears on WLBT 3's Law Call.

starkvegasdawg
03-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Sid Salter responds:

Office of Public Affairs News Bureau (662) 325-3442 Contact: Sid Salter March 17, 2015
STATEMENT FROM MSU CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER SID SALTER:
While Mississippi State University normally does not comment on legal matters, a post today on the website SB Nation merits a response.
The post, which contains factual errors that call into question the credibility of the overall post, in great measure represents only the claims and assertions of the personal injury attorney and fails on a number of levels to accurately portray the actions of the university, the MSU Police Department, the MSU Athletics Department and our students.
At this point, there exists significant confusion as to the actual facts of this incident. The university will continue to interact appropriately with law enforcement and the judicial system as these facts are sorted out in a manner that protects the rights of all MSU students.
On March 4, 2015, MSU received notification of a potential civil legal claim from a Jackson personal injury lawyer regarding activities subsequent to an apparent snowball fight among MSU students on the evening of Feb. 25, 2015.
MSU, our university police, our Athletics Department and all others in a position of authority have fully cooperated in this ongoing investigation and will continue to do so. Claims to the contrary simply are not accurate.
The university will not be drawn into a scenario of litigating this matter in the press or online and will have no additional comment on this matter at this time.
Contact Sid Salter at 662-325-7454 or ssalter@opa.msstate.edu

blacklistedbully
03-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Assault for throwing a snowball!? This pisses me off so bad that one of our fans would do something like that.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/3/17/8152631/mississippi-state-football-players-arrests

If this student was also engaged in throwing snowballs, then is he not also liable for,"assault charges" according to his attorney?

TXDawg
03-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Of course...the C-L picks it up and runs with it. Primary source...SBNation:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2015/03/17/msu-affidavits-claim-two-msu-players-are-accused-of-assualt/24897811/

Why am I not surprised?

mparkerfd20
03-17-2015, 02:55 PM
I am livid -- this really is the type of "ambulance chasing" that gives lawyers a bad name.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CATvX0UVAAAECN4.png

I'm simply embarrassed MY university published that garbage. That's horrible writing at its best.