PDA

View Full Version : Elgton Jenkins

dawgpound
03-16-2015, 10:02 AM
What did he do? I am seeing tweets about him being arrested.

msstate7
03-16-2015, 10:07 AM
Simple assault...

dawgpound
03-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Geez.. hopefully he just got into a fight

HancockCountyDog
03-16-2015, 10:11 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1361672/lock-it-up-o.gif

Westdawg
03-16-2015, 10:40 AM
dang it. i just talked to him on Friday. Let me ask around a bit and find out what really went down.

quickstrike2
03-16-2015, 10:47 AM
Damn. Sure hasn't been a good couple of weeks for the Dawgs on the court, on the field, or off the field. We need something good to happen from the baseball team to get some positive vibes.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-16-2015, 10:54 AM
It was a warrant for a simple assault so it didn't happen last week. Just bad timing when he was arrested.

maroonmania
03-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Man, these brushes with the law are not helping the cause. Gotta keep football going strong. Only sport left of the Big 3 at the moment that I still have good feelings about.

Coach34
03-16-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm actually ok with an offensive lineman being charged with simple assault- as long as it was a male. Just means he whipped an ass.

thf24
03-16-2015, 12:28 PM
I wonder if there's a video out there. Probably better for Jenkins and MSU if there's not, but I'm still curious as to how this incident that got him booked for assault compares to the one-sided beatdown for which Elston and One-Strike Stringfellow got off with disorderly conduct.

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-16-2015, 02:25 PM
If you're looking for a bright spot in all of this, it looks like he's grown a couple of inches from looking at his mug shot.

smootness
03-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Neither this arrest nor Derrunya's is a huge deal, but this is not a good trend. I would expect Mullen to reevaluate some things, and I would expect him to make sure the entire team understands this is not going to continue.

smootness
03-16-2015, 02:51 PM
If you're looking for a bright spot in all of this, it looks like he's grown a couple of inches from looking at his mug shot.

Ha, yeah, he's every bit of 6'6".

chef dixon
03-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Honestly who cares? We sit here and make fun of Ole Miss about this and absolutely ZERO consequences occur.

smootness
03-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Honestly who cares? We sit here and make fun of Ole Miss about this and absolutely ZERO consequences occur.

I do. It has little to do with consequences.

That said, Ole Miss will face consequences for having a team so lacking in discipline.

chef dixon
03-16-2015, 03:30 PM
I do. It has little to do with consequences.

That said, Ole Miss will face consequences for having a team so lacking in discipline.

What does it have to do with that makes you as a fan so concerned? I'm really just curious. I mean I know it sucks to read tweets and such for a day or two after it happens but then everyone forgets about it.

And when will these consequences for OM come? Because they should have arrived long ago. If anything they've brought in guys that have done stupid shit, gotten away with it, and made them more successful athletically.

Westdawg
03-16-2015, 03:37 PM
Ha, yeah, he's every bit of 6'6".

yeah, he is at least a tall 6'5, but possibly 6'6. I am 6'3, and when i was talking to him, he was notably taller than i was. and he is a SOLID 315+....and not bad weight, either. there were a couple young ladies standing nearby in the building when i was talking with him, that grew up with him, and they said his physique has changed quite a bit for the better since he got on campus.

smootness
03-16-2015, 03:47 PM
What does it have to do with that makes you as a fan so concerned? I'm really just curious. I mean I know it sucks to read tweets and such for a day or two after it happens but then everyone forgets about it.

And when will these consequences for OM come? Because they should have arrived long ago. If anything they've brought in guys that have done stupid shit, gotten away with it, and made them more successful athletically.

I care because I don't like our players being arrested. That's about as simple as it is for me. I understand that with the amount of players in the program, it will happen, and that Mullen's track record here has been very good so far.

But I don't like it, and I want this to be a blip rather than a trend.

I think the consequences for Ole Miss will come gradually as they have less success than their talent level would indicate, and I think it could threaten to become such a problem that the program implodes. I think bringing in a guy like Chad Kelly to be your QB and leader is a massive red flag.

smootness
03-16-2015, 03:48 PM
yeah, he is at least a tall 6'5, but possibly 6'6. I am 6'3, and when i was talking to him, he was notably taller than i was. and he is a SOLID 315+....and not bad weight, either. there were a couple young ladies standing nearby in the building when i was talking with him, that grew up with him, and they said his physique has changed quite a bit for the better since he got on campus.

I'm just going off his mugshot. The top of his head is at exactly 78 inches.

Johnson85
03-16-2015, 04:52 PM

They're never guaranteed to come, but as we learned in basketball, you always run a risk when you bring in players with potential character issues if you have compromised your ability to effectively discipline them. It's worth it until it isn't. And it can show up as slight underachievement (which can still be better than the alternative where you don't have the players with the character questions) or as an implosion.

bulldawg28
03-16-2015, 05:23 PM
You've got to have some brawlers on the team.

Todd4State
03-16-2015, 05:35 PM
We should start spring practice during spring breaks since apparently our players can't not get into fights or smoke pot.

RAYn_Man
03-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw somewhere that De'Runnya passed his drug test.

Dallas_Dawg
03-16-2015, 07:50 PM
We should start spring practice during spring breaks since apparently our players can't not get into fights or smoke pot.
Who didn't get in fights and smoke pot in college?

Dallas_Dawg
03-16-2015, 07:52 PM
So do we expect Bear and Elgton to be on the field by the LSU game?
That's all I would be concerned about

Ifyouonlyknew
03-16-2015, 08:07 PM

Yes

Todd4State
03-16-2015, 08:29 PM

I bet they sit out either Northwestern State or USM.

Dallas_Dawg
03-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Yes

Thanks Dan

Harrydawg
03-16-2015, 09:50 PM

LOL...that shit is funny.....thanks

justwin
03-16-2015, 10:23 PM
I see where the clarion ledger has this posted yet still no mention of the OM catfish recruiting tactic.