PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead to Kentucky

It_Could_Happen
03-15-2015, 06:48 PM
I just don't think this is a great matchup. They aren't very good, but it's a HR park and we can't hit home runs. Thoughts?

Jacksondevildog
03-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Our offense won't capitalize on what that ballpark offers, and that's the deep ball. We will slap it around and bunt and Kentucky will launch them out at a high rate. We win the Sunday game only.

War Machine Dawg
03-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Our offense won't capitalize on what that ballpark offers, and that's the deep ball. We will slap it around and bunt and Kentucky will launch them out at a high rate. We win the Sunday game only.

How do you figure we win the Sunday game? They'll bitch slap our bullpen on Sunday. The only pitchers we've bitch slapped are on SWAC teams. And we still lost to ****ing UAPB. I'll give Cohen credit for being able to get his teams to peak at the right time late in the season. But this team is absolutely awful right now and I don't know how we fix it, because Cohen isn't going to change the bullshit approach to offense. And don't even get me started on the bullpen.

BeardoMSU
03-15-2015, 07:02 PM
I just don't think this is a great matchup. They aren't very good, but it's a HR park and we can't hit home runs. Thoughts?

It's hard to hit HR's when you bunt...

http://media.giphy.com/media/hEwkspP1OllJK/giphy.gif

....then again, with as often as we pop-up our bunts, we might get them to sail out if the wind is just right**

Todd4State
03-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Kentucky apparently can't hit home runs either. They only have seven on the year- unless they went off today.

Todd4State
03-15-2015, 07:07 PM
How do you figure we win the Sunday game? They'll bitch slap our bullpen on Sunday. The only pitchers we've bitch slapped are on SWAC teams. And we still lost to ****ing UAPB. I'll give Cohen credit for being able to get his teams to peak at the right time late in the season. But this team is absolutely awful right now and I don't know how we fix it, because Cohen isn't going to change the bullshit approach to offense. And don't even get me started on the bullpen.

As long as our "bullshit approach" is scoring 4-5 runs a game, we will be fine as long as we fix the bullpen. And as far as problems go with teams, I would venture to guess that a bullpen is likely one of the easier ones to fix.

War Machine Dawg
03-15-2015, 07:09 PM
Kentucky apparently can't hit home runs either. They only have seven on the year- unless they went off today.

http://i.imgur.com/zTXnZTP.gif

Smitty
03-15-2015, 07:54 PM
As long as our "bullshit approach" is scoring 4-5 runs a game, we will be fine as long as we fix the bullpen. And as far as problems go with teams, I would venture to guess that a bullpen is likely one of the easier ones to fix.

I'll never understand settling for a lesser run total than we could get.

"Small ball is okay if you have Lindgren or Holder" no it still sucks just not as bad. Why win 3-2 when we can win 5-2.

Bully13
03-15-2015, 08:17 PM
our offense sucks. our offensive philosophy sucks . our coaches suck. our AD sucks. Cohen sucks. those who support sucking suck.

doesn't that about cover it all?

Todd4State
03-15-2015, 10:23 PM

"Small ball is okay if you have Lindgren or Holder" no it still sucks just not as bad. Why win 3-2 when we can win 5-2.

You'll also never understand a two strike approach.

Smitty
03-15-2015, 10:25 PM
You'll also never understand a two strike approach.

Tell us again how all our bunting is A-Ok

yjnkdawg
03-15-2015, 11:02 PM
It's hard to hit HR's when you bunt...

http://media.giphy.com/media/hEwkspP1OllJK/giphy.gif

....then again, with as often as we pop-up our bunts, we might get them to sail out if the wind is just right**

+1 LOL

CJDAWG85
03-15-2015, 11:22 PM
Better not look past Eastern Illinois. We can't any game for granted at this point.

RossDawg82
03-16-2015, 04:35 AM

I agree with this. Why does your bull pen have anything to do with offense. If you have a bad one I can see having to try to put up a lot of runs. But why take the bats out of someone's hands? We give up an out nearly every time we get a runner on. It doesn't matter if it's collins, rea, or Randolph. You have guys that can launch the ball, damn it, let them try. I will take a 2 run bomb any day over a sac bunt