PDA

View Full Version : Cohen- Your College World Series Honeymoon is over.

Drugdog
03-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Get your act together. Let the players hit the damn ball.
Get a hitting coach. Get the F*** out of the way.

Smitty
03-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Way over

Lsu would riot with pitchforks against Manieri if he did the shit we so. SWAC loss! That needs to be our mentality as a elite program.

Dawgface
03-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Bring back Polk! Stansbury too while we're at it. ***

Bucky Dog
03-15-2015, 05:42 PM
And everyone who wants to give Cohen a pass because we were in the WS two years ago need to get a clue!! I don't want him fired, I want him to quit over managing the game or then be gone, if he continues to mettle. This is the conversation our AD should have with him.

Guys, with the fan support we have, and the best stadium in the country on the way, along with our history, we should expect to host year in and year out, compete for conference championships every year, and win a national championship. We cannot accept just making the tournament and having to go on the road as a 2 or 3 seed, having good crowd support and top recruiting classes. We have to do something with all of this I mentioned. It should make most of us upset because we expect better.

A friend said to me yesterday that it is a hell of a lot harder for Dan Mullen to go 7-5 than it should be for Cohen to be winning championships and hosting regionals.

raymond21
03-15-2015, 05:50 PM
we got hot for two weeks to get to the CWS Other than two weeks, his teams haven't hit and now can't pitch

Original48
03-15-2015, 05:50 PM
Bunting and moving runners over early in games works when you have solid middle relief and closers. And that's what we've had in the past. The past is gone. That's not THIS team. In order to win with the staff we have, we have to play for big innings. Hit and run instead of bunting. But swinging the bat with bases loaded and zero outs would be a good start.

raymond21
03-15-2015, 05:56 PM
your point is right one but I don't see Cohen changing

Saltydog
03-15-2015, 05:59 PM
best overall lineup, top to bottom, in Cohen's tenure but we're still playing ***** ball........

lfl
03-15-2015, 06:07 PM
your point is right one but I don't see Cohen changing

Well, I hope we get a lot better at it then. I don't give a crap if we win by doing nothing but getting HBP and BBs but damn it, this is Mississippi State baseball. You don't go 3-6 against shitty competition.

Bucky Dog
03-15-2015, 06:08 PM
We can't be that guy in year five of a marriage making excuses why his wife isn't banging him like she did in year 1! Why should we expect anything less than winning a national championship, and at least winning SEC championships and being a top seed and hosting every year?

raymond21
03-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Why would a hitter want to play in this program, he will be asked to bunt one in every three at bats. Kind of like would a qb want to play on a team that runs it 80% of the time.

TopDog58
03-15-2015, 06:50 PM
We can't be that guy in year five of a marriage making excuses why his wife isn't banging him like she did in year 1! Why should we expect anything less than winning a national championship, and at least winning SEC championships and being a top seed and hosting every year?

In other words, something that has never been done and something that hadn't been done in going on 30 years.

I agree with you though. We are nowhere near a 45-50 win regular season that we have seen from LSU, Vandy, and South Carolina in recent years.