PDA

View Full Version : Selection Show Thread

Quaoarsking
03-15-2015, 05:08 PM
Lunardi says the last 3 are Indiana, Ole Miss, and Boise State, and only 2 get in.

Indiana's in, and not even in a play-in.

Quaoarsking
03-15-2015, 05:11 PM
I'm betting Georgia IN, LSU in a play-in, Ole Miss as 1 seed in the NIT. This year, the Committee announces the first 4 out officially, and those are automatically the 1 seeds in the NIT.

Quaoarsking
03-15-2015, 05:12 PM
LSU as a 9 is a surprise.

#signaturewin

DudyDawg
03-15-2015, 05:13 PM
I feel so bad for the 16 seed against kentucky.....

Big4Dawg
03-15-2015, 05:14 PM
OM is in as play-in. Playing BYU

bluelightstar
03-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Hope I have a vested interest in watching the Selection Show again one day.**

I do love this time of year though. Looks like SEC will get 5

HailState39110
03-15-2015, 05:19 PM
OM playing BYU Tues in play in game . AK 2 NCAAs in 3 years.

Quaoarsking
03-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Looks like Temple's out with an RPI of 34. Brutal. Ole Miss's RPI is 60. Indiana is 61.

DudyDawg
03-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Looks like Temple's out with an RPI of 34. Brutal. Ole Miss's RPI is 60. Indiana is 61.

Didn't they also beat kansas by like 40?

Quaoarsking
03-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Colorado State also left out with an RPI of 30.

Clearly they and Temple should be in over Ole Miss and Indiana, right?

civildawg
03-15-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm glad ole miss made it. Puts more pressure on Scott to fire Ray next year

bluelightstar
03-15-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm glad ole miss made it. Puts more pressure on Scott to fire Ray next year

Maybe they'll do decently this year, and force something. Auburn got Grant fired -- he was not getting fired before this weekend.

msstate7
03-15-2015, 08:01 PM
Colorado State also left out with an RPI of 30.

Clearly they and Temple should be in over Ole Miss and Indiana, right?

I have no problem with ray getting next season, but this might be the best time. Pull the trigger and go get eustachy. He'd probably be more willing to leave after getting the snub

yjnkdawg
03-15-2015, 11:07 PM
Maybe they'll do decently this year, and force something. Auburn got Grant fired -- he was not getting fired before this weekend.

SS is not going to fire Rick Ray this year.

yjnkdawg
03-15-2015, 11:13 PM
OM playing BYU Tues in play in game . AK 2 NCAAs in 3 years.

I hope AK and OM are one and done in the NCAA Tourney, and if Marshall Henderson is there and OM losses, then it just makes it all that much better.

bluelightstar
03-16-2015, 01:05 AM
SS is not going to fire Rick Ray this year.

I agree with you -- but Battle was not firing Grant this time last week. Just FYI.

dawgclub99
03-16-2015, 08:44 AM
I think we should let this next recruiting class come in and get established before we fire Ray.

dawgs
03-16-2015, 03:29 PM
I think we should let this next recruiting class come in and get established before we fire Ray.

As in the 2015 class? Or do you mean "next" as in 2016? And what does "get established" mean? 2 years? So the soonest you think we should get rid of ray is after the 2016-2017 season? Assuming by "next" you mean the class that will be enrolled this fall.

If a CEO was hired to take over a company that used to make a good chunk of money but had recently started making less money, but still turned a profit, and the former CEO was forced out because he wasn't bringjng in the money like he used to, and the new CEO comes in and immediately loses money for 3 straight years, how much longer does the new CEO get to turn around the company?

smootness
03-16-2015, 03:53 PM
As in the 2015 class? Or do you mean "next" as in 2016? And what does "get established" mean? 2 years? So the soonest you think we should get rid of ray is after the 2016-2017 season? Assuming by "next" you mean the class that will be enrolled this fall.

If a CEO was hired to take over a company that used to make a good chunk of money but had recently started making less money, but still turned a profit, and the former CEO was forced out because he wasn't bringjng in the money like he used to, and the new CEO comes in and immediately loses money for 3 straight years, how much longer does the new CEO get to turn around the company?

That's not a terrible example, but it also isn't perfect by any means. A CEO can constantly evaluate and make changes. A coach can make changes basically once a year, then they have to ride with those changes.

I guess to make the analogy better, it would be a case where under the previous CEO, more and more employees began engaging in embarrassing and detrimental behavior, and they started to do their own thing at work rather than implementing the CEO's vision. So not only did they bring in a new CEO, they also completely cleaned house and started over from a hiring standpoint, which also served to make the company less attractive to potential new hires.

In a case like that, I would say 3-4 years. And Ray is going to get at least 4. He has to show marked improvement next year, as just about everyone has admitted, or else he should be gone without question.

dawgs
03-16-2015, 04:54 PM
That's not a terrible example, but it also isn't perfect by any means. A CEO can constantly evaluate and make changes. A coach can make changes basically once a year, then they have to ride with those changes.

I guess to make the analogy better, it would be a case where under the previous CEO, more and more employees began engaging in embarrassing and detrimental behavior, and they started to do their own thing at work rather than implementing the CEO's vision. So not only did they bring in a new CEO, they also completely cleaned house and started over from a hiring standpoint, which also served to make the company less attractive to potential new hires.

In a case like that, I would say 3-4 years. And Ray is going to get at least 4. He has to show marked improvement next year, as just about everyone has admitted, or else he should be gone without question.

Except the new CEO got the benefit of the doubt in year 1 because he had to hire a bunch of new employees. Year 2 he still hadn't hired a full allotment of employees and used janitors to perform duties that should be done by more qualified employees. Year 3 the CEO finally has fully stocked the employee cuppard, and the company shows some brief glimmers of making money, but ultimately still loses just as much money as in years 1 and 2. All this despite a group of upper management that has been with the company since he took over, but only seems to have marginally learned how to handle their job better.