PDA

View Full Version : Hey Players...

I seen it dawg
03-15-2015, 05:02 PM
You guys needs to look at yourselves and decide if you want to be successful and find some mental toughness from somewhere. You are mentally weak and it has to change.

Mjoelner34
03-15-2015, 05:06 PM
1. Get aggressive at the plate! 2. IGNORE the bunt sign and come off the damn ground swinging it at! 3. He can't bench everybody!

msstate7
03-15-2015, 05:08 PM
I think cohen's small game is choking all the fun out of it for the hitters.

I think all the playing to keep games close is putting way too much pressure on a suspect bullpen.

Coursesuper
03-15-2015, 05:11 PM
MSU baseball has become full on form over function. All show and no balls. It began last year and I really saw it at ULL, you could see it on their faces, ULL took them by the balls and sucker punched them, our team showed no sack whatsoever. This is just more of the same minus elite relief pitching.

confucius say
03-15-2015, 05:12 PM

I think all the playing to keep games close is putting way too much pressure on a suspect bullpen.

Playing for a one-two run lead is fine when you have lingo and holder on the back end. With our pen as it is now, we have to have the mindset of needing to score 8-10 runs in every conference game. That mindset has to start with Cohen. If he doesn't want to change then laster has to go to the pen.

Drugdog
03-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Cohen has screwed this team up.
Yes! They are a bunch of P*****s. No nuts.
Show PRIDE in YOUR UNIFORM NAME.

Coach34
03-15-2015, 05:29 PM
I've never seen a group that can't handle a fastball like this one- pitchers aren't even scared to throw an inside FB to our 6'5-270 pound 1st baseman. Think about that- a big guy like that that gets tons of FB's. It's ridiculous

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Going to be hard to get folks to give 40 mil for a new stadium when this is what they have to watch.

Mjoelner34
03-15-2015, 06:06 PM
Going to be hard to get folks to give 40 mil for a new stadium when this is what they have to watch.

The latest I heard is that there hasn't been a single deposit for the lofts and that the lounge may not change but the grandstand is a 'go' after the season is over. Don't know how 'official' that is, just passing along what I heard yesterday.

Bucky Dog
03-15-2015, 06:11 PM

I do know a few guys that have the potential to give said money and at the least are a little hesitant right now!

You would give this with the expectations we will host regionals because that is when these boxes and lofts will be most valuable, but Cohen hasn't shown to get us in that position yet.

Bucky Dog
03-15-2015, 06:14 PM
You guys needs to look at yourselves and decide if you want to be successful and find some mental toughness from somewhere. You are mentally weak and it has to change.

I think it is time for a players only meeting first, then have the captains sit down with Cohen.

I seen it dawg
03-15-2015, 06:15 PM
We have captains?

Homedawg
03-15-2015, 06:24 PM

No it won't.

klong-dog
03-15-2015, 06:27 PM
5'8 165 make up half of our roster. Cohen needs to recruit differently. Though it might be hard to get good sized players that feel they'll be wasted having to bunch half of his plate app.

War Machine Dawg
03-15-2015, 06:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/cuCPKY3.gif

War Machine Dawg
03-15-2015, 06:47 PM
5'8 165 make up half of our roster. Cohen needs to recruit differently. Though it might be hard to get good sized players that feel they'll be wasted having to bunch half of his plate app.

I'm assuming you meant bunt and autocorrect got you. But seriously, how many big time hitters want to come to a program that hasn't shown it will turn them loose to actually HIT the damn ball? In fact, a program where hitting the ball hard seems to be punished and frowned upon by the coaching staff. And why is it other SEC teams have impact freshman hitters more years than not, but we barely get one good year out of supposedly big time offensive recruits? We have to take a serious look at how we approach offense in our program.

Treemydawg
03-15-2015, 08:41 PM
Hey players ??? Players aren't the problem jack, we have some o the best players in the country and mental toughness (balls) is not a problem with this team. Cohen needs to got out of his own way and let our boys hit the ball. There is no reason for anyone on this board to be critical of our boys bats when it's Cohens fault for holding them back. We have the skill and the athleticism to hang with any team in the country, by as long as Cohen keeps bunting around we will continue to be sub par.

TheDogFather
03-15-2015, 08:48 PM

Well they sure won't be at The Hump.

shoeless joe
03-15-2015, 09:15 PM
Hey players ??? Players aren't the problem jack, we have some o the best players in the country and mental toughness (balls) is not a problem with this team. Cohen needs to got out of his own way and let our boys hit the ball. There is no reason for anyone on this board to be critical of our boys bats when it's Cohens fault for holding them back. We have the skill and the athleticism to hang with any team in the country, by as long as Cohen keeps bunting around we will continue to be sub par.

I just disagree.

We have a lot of good players. But we don't have any elite guys. Our best players are young and need experience.

Treemydawg
03-15-2015, 09:25 PM
I just disagree.

We have a lot of good players. But we don't have any elite guys. Our best players are young and need experience.

Ok , you disagree , but say pretty much the same thing I said. OK

bulldogcountry1
03-15-2015, 09:33 PM
I'm putting this 100% on Cohen. He's just not putting the players in the best position to be successful by being a dictator. He was successful enough to get away with it in the past because of an elite bullpen. The situation has changed, but he isn't changing with it.

Todd4State
03-15-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm putting this 100% on Cohen. He's just not putting the players in the best position to be successful by being a dictator. He was successful enough to get away with it in the past because of an elite bullpen. The situation has changed, but he isn't changing with it.

It's 100% on him to fix the bullpen. You don't have to have MLB quality guys to have a good pen.

Todd4State
03-15-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm assuming you meant bunt and autocorrect got you. But seriously, how many big time hitters want to come to a program that hasn't shown it will turn them loose to actually HIT the damn ball? In fact, a program where hitting the ball hard seems to be punished and frowned upon by the coaching staff. And why is it other SEC teams have impact freshman hitters more years than not, but we barely get one good year out of supposedly big time offensive recruits? We have to take a serious look at how we approach offense in our program.

Hitting the ball hard is "frowned upon" by our staff? Really? LOL.

Impact freshman hitters are not the norm- the ones that are get noticed. That's why it "seems like" every team has freshmen that make an impact- but that's not actually the case. And Gridley has done a good job overall for us, and Collins did a good job for us last year.

The issue is MLB takes away guys like Vallot, Burdick, etc. The power hitters that they leave for college are guys like Hunter Renfroe- who are extremely raw, or Wes Rea. It also means that a lot of speed/contact guys are left for college as well.

You can complain about the offense all you want- but the statistics show that it hasn't been a problem when compared to the rest of the SEC or country. Now, you may not like what we do but that does not mean it's not working. That would be like me complaining about Dan's offense because I would prefer us run a pro style offense- which I do by the way- but I can't argue that Dan's is not working or effective despite the fact I don't prefer it. Well, maybe if I take away our top four scoring performances a year maybe I could make a point.

What we do fits the players that we have and it fits our ballpark. Now, absolutely I want to see more power- but as long as Collins is out it's going to hurt us in that department. Our offense is designed to have 4-5 power guys and right now we have two- Rea and Humphreys. Three when Rooker plays.

If you want to see more power- do everything possible to get Greg Pickett to come to MSU. As I have said before, if I was Richard Akerson and had money to throw around, I would be in Colorado promising him 2 million once his MSU career is complete. One reason why LSU gets players like Pickett is because they promote their program and get players like that to come rather than tell them that they should take the money rather than risk career ending injury or whatever.

yjnkdawg
03-15-2015, 10:49 PM

I agree. but they are small balled to death. They can't go against what the coach says. I like the ULL's, LSU's and heck even the Bama's (who scored the most runs in our series this weekend?) hitting philosophy.

messageboardsuperhero
03-16-2015, 07:59 AM
The latest I heard is that there hasn't been a single deposit for the lofts and that the lounge may not change but the grandstand is a 'go' after the season is over. Don't know how 'official' that is, just passing along what I heard yesterday.

This is totally incorrect. We got our first loft deposit the day the prices were announced.

I don't know if we've sold any since then, but there is one deposit down at the very least.

messageboardsuperhero
03-16-2015, 08:01 AM
I've never seen a group that can't handle a fastball like this one- pitchers aren't even scared to throw an inside FB to our 6'5-270 pound 1st baseman. Think about that- a big guy like that that gets tons of FB's. It's ridiculous

This is what I was thinking yesterday too. Rea missed about 5 fastballs right over the plate that he should have driven. We look pretty tentative at the plate right now, but that isn't even close to the biggest problem with this team currently.

whosyourdawgy
03-16-2015, 08:27 AM
The older players need to step up and lead this team. Wes Rea, Ross and Trevor. Those 3 need to get their shit together. Ross and Fitz are supposed to be our rocks in the pen but suddenly can't throw strikes. And I love Wes to death but if he doesn't start swinging the bat and hitting homers and extra base hits, he better get his degree and be ready for life after baseball really quick. MLB doesn't have a place for a ground ball line drive hitting 300 lb first baseman. He needs to start crushing the ball.