PDA

View Full Version : Paul young

msstate7
03-15-2015, 04:43 PM
Where is he?

We've thrown sophomore pitchers back-to-back days over 120 pitches, so I dont wanna hear we're being cautious

We need a guy that can get outs out of the pen. Why laster didn't start the 8th, I'll never know.

Houston shouldn't pitch in a meaningful sec game again.

Ross needs to be used VERY sparingly.

I'd like to see fitts get a clean inning, but never come in with inherited runners

Coursesuper
03-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Why do so many of Yall hang your hopes on a guy that hasn't thrown a pitch at the D1 level?

msstate7
03-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Why do so many of Yall hang your hopes on a guy that hasn't thrown a pitch at the D1 level?

Bc we have no reason to be hopeful on the ones we've seen

Homedawg
03-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Where is he?

We've thrown sophomore pitchers back-to-back days over 120 pitches, so I dont wanna hear we're being cautious

We need a guy that can get outs out of the pen. Why laster didn't start the 8th, I'll never know.

Houston shouldn't pitch in a meaningful sec game again.

Ross needs to be used VERY sparingly.

I'd like to see fitts get a clean inning, but never come in with inherited runners
Ok let's go w all of your recommendations. Who is going to pitch then???

msstate7
03-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Ok let's go w all of your recommendations. Who is going to pitch then???
Gotta figure we can get 7 out of our starters on weekends. That leaves 2-3 innings per game. I'd do something like this....

Ross 2 innings max in 1 game.

Let Daniel brown and fitts start clean innings. They've proven they're unreliable with inherited runners, but haven't really gotten chances to start innings.

If one of the above get in trouble, go laster.

Hope and pray Paul young can be a stopper at the back end.

I have no idea if my changes would work, but butch's way has proven to be ineffective.

Todd4State
03-15-2015, 07:16 PM
First off on Young- I would imagine that he isn't ready yet if the coaches haven't put him out there. Secondly, if/when he does come back it's going to be for one inning at the beginning.

Our best hope right now is Laster- who was warming up earlier in todays game. We know he can go multiple innings and that he can throw strikes. I expect the coaches to go with him first. I think we should move Fitts out of the pen and to midweek in Laster's place. We can still use Laster midweek in relief because Fitts can't get through an order more than once anyway, so we really aren't losing much there.

And as I've said before, I think Dakota Hudson will at least get a chance- and if I am wrong so be it. Like other sports, sometimes guys look better in game than they do in a practice. I could see Logan Elliott getting a shot as well.

Todd4State
03-15-2015, 07:18 PM
Gotta figure we can get 7 out of our starters on weekends. That leaves 2-3 innings per game. I'd do something like this....

Ross 2 innings max in 1 game.

Let Daniel brown and fitts start clean innings. They've proven they're unreliable with inherited runners, but haven't really gotten chances to start innings.

If one of the above get in trouble, go laster.

Hope and pray Paul young can be a stopper at the back end.

I have no idea if my changes would work, but butch's way has proven to be ineffective.

Those are good thoughts, and the common theme between you and me is Laster. Laster may be the guy that can come in during a jam and get the job done.

Homedawg
03-15-2015, 07:24 PM
The one concern I have w laster is throwing strikes out of the pen in the middle of innings. He has had issues there. The other side is the ones we have used have failed so why not try someone else. I get that point....

MsStateBaseball
03-15-2015, 07:25 PM
BC Cohen said 3 weeks ago his bullpens are very very good. He said target date was SEC. They think he is very good. That's why.

godlluB
03-15-2015, 07:27 PM
I have it from a very good source that the current plan is for Young to pitch against Auburn.

msstate7
03-15-2015, 07:29 PM
How much blame does lovelady deserve (if any) for the bullpen collapse? Is he calling pitches?

Homedawg
03-15-2015, 07:32 PM
How much blame does lovelady deserve (if any) for the bullpen collapse? Is he calling pitches?

Yes he does. But he doesn't call for a guy to throw 4 of them to a batter!!

RAYn_Man
03-15-2015, 07:38 PM
Yes he does. But he doesn't call for a guy to throw 4 of them to a batter!!

The pitchers call their own pitches.

msstate7
03-15-2015, 07:40 PM

Then the relievers should lose that right at least for awhile

shoeless joe
03-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Been sayin it since the summer...preferred recovery time is 18 months. That's why he hasn't pitched. Some guys make it back in 12 but aren't back on top of their game til 18.

Lot of hopes riding on an unproven commodity. Hopefully he surprises me.

Homedawg
03-15-2015, 08:12 PM

Well yea.....but the catcher calls the game....the pitcher can shake him off....I'm aware of how it works

msstate7
03-15-2015, 08:14 PM
Well yea.....but the catcher calls the game....the pitcher can shake him off....I'm aware of how it works

May need to take away that audible ability from our struggling relievers a minute

Smitty
03-15-2015, 08:25 PM
Between the complete shit show from the pen why hasn't McCord been given a look for a few batters. His starts weren't great but damn he was supposed to be a guy this year.

I guess we have to hope 2 weekend guys go the distance and let Laster pick up the slack in the other game. Hope McCord can do something because nobody else is doing jack shit. The current crop of clowns in the pen are midweek guys. That's it. Paul Young (if he is a real person) can do what he can do when he gets here

Todd4State
03-15-2015, 09:55 PM

None. If it was him, the starters would be having the same issues. And even then it would be hard to pin the issues on him. If he was having trouble blocking balls and things like that- you could make a case that the pitchers don't trust him, but that's not been the issue consistently.