PDA

View Full Version : Prediction

preachermatt83
03-15-2015, 09:10 AM
Vance goes beast mode today!! Double didget k's. Less than 2 ER.

MaxedOutMaroon
03-15-2015, 09:19 AM
But can we close?

msstate7
03-15-2015, 09:28 AM
But can we close?

I'd like to see fitts get a clean inning. He may be a serviceable reliever if he doesn't inherete baserunners

(I'd like to see this experiment with at least a 3-run lead though haha)

Jacksondevildog
03-15-2015, 09:30 AM
We can work on him getting a clean inning against Eastern Kentucky (0-11) during our midweek. Fitts is probably starting to think, "Oh shit. I have to go in now." He knows the fans are thinking that. We have Tatum, Laster, Ross, Daniel Brown available today. Only issue with that is they are all lefties.

spiritual_machine2005
03-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks too the last couple of weeks I will never feel comfortable with any lead.

basedog
03-15-2015, 09:40 AM
Who cares how we win just win. I think we will get better especially in the pen, Sexton was terrific yesterday and I believe it gave the team a lift. Under Cohen, his teams have always gotten better as the year goes on plus we have enough talent to get it done! Btw, it's moaning time down in BR, I hate Om but it wouldn't bother me one bit if they win today!

messageboardsuperhero
03-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Some of y'all will think I'm crazy, but I think the offense is about to get it going. We're getting tons of people on base- and we finally took good cuts and got some extra-base hits yesterday. Brown and Rea are already swinging well. Hump looked very comfortable at the plate yesterday and had a couple of hard-hit lineouts. Collins will be back soon. Holland is looking better... I just feel like 29 men left on base in 17 innings yesterday cannot continue. That HAS to be a freak occurrence. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it before- especially for a team that actually put some good swings on the ball in both games.

We will get better offensively, but the bullpen is still a huge question- more specifically, the mental psyche of the bullpen. Daniel Brown has outstanding stuff, but it is 100% in his head right now. The guy struck out 5 in two innings against a really solid San Diego team and hasn't gotten an out since... He needs somebody to calm him down. Ross has been decent but has looked flustered his last several appearances. Fitts is not the answer at closer, so maybe he can start midweeks so we can move Laster to the pen. Mintz has actually been solid. Paul Young coming in and being dominant would be HUGE- but that's not really something we can count on. The mental toughness of the pen is by far my biggest concern for this team.

Jacksondevildog
03-15-2015, 10:08 AM
I agree that we will get a bit better offensively. We cannot get much worse in regards to leaving people on base. Bullpen is our biggest issue. There will be a few times this year where we have a late lead in an SEC game and it unravels due to walks and HBP's.

msstate7
03-15-2015, 10:17 AM
If Paul young could step into the closer role and Collins could get healthy, we could be pretty good imo.

Jacksondevildog
03-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Agreed. We need to give Paul Young a situation that doesn't have a lot of pressure. We play Eastern Kentucky mid week this week. If we could get an early lead with good bunting, we can bring him in. The weather should warm enough and he's past his 12 month window, I believe.

Bothrops
03-15-2015, 11:01 AM
If we're up 6-2 or 6-1 or 5-2 in the 6th or 7th inning, I will stop watching at that time.

chef dixon
03-15-2015, 11:11 AM
If we're up 6-2 or 6-1 or 5-2 in the 6th or 7th inning, I will stop watching at that time.

Ha I may too. It seems like seriously nothing starts going correctly when I tune in. Didn't watch a pitch of the 2nd game yesterday except after we got the bases loaded in the B7. We struck out twice and grounded out and I cut it back off and checked the score later.

mparkerfd20
03-15-2015, 12:23 PM
I'd like to see fitts get a clean inning. He may be a serviceable reliever if he doesn't inherete baserunners

(I'd like to see this experiment with at least a 3-run lead though haha)

I don't even wanna see Fitts pitch unless it's in a starting role on a Tuesday night.

Jacksondevildog
03-15-2015, 12:25 PM
I agree with this post. Also, I think that Cohen and Butch have seen enough of the Fitts in the closer role. There is no reason to bring him in in a 1-2 count to throw that breaking ball if Lovelady cannot catch the breaking ball. Some guys can close and some cannot. We are going to have to piecemeal our bullpen this year and I'm sure that it will change multiple times.
I don't even wanna see Fitts pitch unless it's in a starting role on a Tuesday night.

RougeDawg
03-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Agreed. We need to give Paul Young a situation that doesn't have a lot of pressure. We play Eastern Kentucky mid week this week. If we could get an early lead with good bunting, we can bring him in. The weather should warm enough and he's past his 12 month window, I believe.

+1.