PDA

View Full Version : Zuppardo

msstate7
03-15-2015, 07:38 AM
When will we know about his medical RS application?

Madisonmd
03-15-2015, 10:29 AM
medical RSs are granted after completion of eligibility

msstate7
03-15-2015, 10:33 AM
medical RSs are granted after completion of eligibility

I thought this was the case, but I heard ray applied for one. Could've misunderstood what I read though

Quaoarsking
03-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Because he didn't play in a game and won't be asking for a sixth year -- just a fifth -- it will be automatically approved and he can apply for it (and get it) right away.

He would only have to wait until the end of his career and be in limbo about it if he were wanting a sixth year.

Compare to Cedric Jiles -- he got a medical redshirt for 2012 right away because he wouldn't be extending his eligibility for a sixth year. That's why he was already classified as a freshman again in 2013 despite played a little bit in 2012.

ETA: Why is he even applying for a medical RS? He didn't play in a single game, so he could just use a regular redshirt.

Coach34
03-15-2015, 10:54 AM
Somebody said Zupp RS'ed somewhere already

Bothrops
03-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Is he expected to make a full recovery? I don't remember the type of injury.

Jacksondevildog
03-15-2015, 11:04 AM
ACL. Expected to make full recovery from what I've heard.

Is he expected to make a full recovery? I don't remember the type of injury.

msugolf
03-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Zuppardo will likely only have 1 year to play. Looking doubtful he will be granted a medical redshirt. He's already used his other redshirt.

Quaoarsking
03-15-2015, 11:07 AM
Did he play at Arkansas State in 2011-12 and then stay at JCJC for 2 years, redshirting one of them?

If that's the case, he'll have to demonstrate how the JCJC redshirt was medical to get the 6th year, since the 2014-15 redshirt obviously was. I looked through JCJC's basketball webpage and couldn't find any information either way from before the current season.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-15-2015, 11:25 AM
No Zuppardo RS when he transferred from Arkansas St to USM. It's not favorable he gets that extra year.

maroonmania
03-15-2015, 11:43 AM
No Zuppardo RS when he transferred from Arkansas St to USM. It's not favorable he gets that extra year.

You mean he's been at Ark. St, USM and JUCO?? Guy gets around.

ScottH
03-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Yr 1 - Played at ASU
Yr 2 - Redshirted at USM
Yr 3 - Played ay JCJC
Yr 4 - Injured at MSU
Yr 5 - Play at MSU
Unlikely to get 6th year

Jacksondevildog
03-15-2015, 11:57 AM
DT Shackleford played for a decade at Ole Miss. Was signed by Cutcliffe and we can't get a medical for Zappardo?

chef dixon
03-15-2015, 11:58 AM
I'd like to see if he's even worth a crap before I care if he can use up another scholarship in 2016.

smootness
03-15-2015, 02:21 PM

Why would this be the case? The medical RS was made exactly for guys like Zuppardo. It seems the guys who don't get the 6th year are ones who actually play in four different seasons but miss most of one with injury.

Zuppardo missed an entire season, seems like an open-and-shut case that he would win. Why would you hold a kid's previous redshirt against him?

That would be like Dak getting hurt just before the season and missing all of it this coming year...then not being granted an extra year. Doesn't make sense.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-15-2015, 03:14 PM
The medical RS by my understanding is for guys like Cedric Jiles & DT Shackleford. Guys who lose multiple seasons because of injuries. I hope I'm wrong & Zuppardo gets his extra year.

Madisonmd
03-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Not sure Zuppardo gets us to another level anyway

maroonmania
03-15-2015, 04:04 PM
The medical RS by my understanding is for guys like Cedric Jiles & DT Shackleford. Guys who lose multiple seasons because of injuries. I hope I'm wrong & Zuppardo gets his extra year.

I don't believe that to be the case but if so that's a crappy rule. To say that if you voluntarily take a redshirt year then if you get hurt at the very start or before any of the other 4 years that causes you to lose that year you can never get it back seems to be like a load of crap for sure. Now I do know there is a cutoff of the percentage of a year you play that you can't get it back. But take a guy like Damien Robinson, he just redshirted his first year then tore his ACL before his SR year and is now trying to get a 6th year. From what I hear there is a VERY good chance he is going to get it.