PDA

View Full Version : Saturday DH baseball thoughts

MsStateBaseball
03-14-2015, 09:47 PM
And no reporter asked Cohen why they tried to bunt with the bases loaded twice and both struck out..

I can solve the bullpen, throw Paul Young and Cole Gordon.

Just have to piece it together until we get hot with the bats. Must win tomorrow. I think playing at Kentucky will be huge for us. Get away from home and hit in a small ballpark.

Homedawg
03-14-2015, 09:52 PM
You are basing your fixes off of two guys coming off of tommy john surgery? One of wich is a tr fr? Dude get real.

Homedawg
03-14-2015, 09:53 PM
Paul young might be a great asset, but until he takes the mound we don't know. Period.

RAYn_Man
03-14-2015, 09:55 PM
I think it's safe to assume Cole Gordon is redshirting at this point.

Todd4State
03-14-2015, 10:04 PM
I think it's safe to assume Cole Gordon is redshirting at this point.

It is. And I don't understand it. He could help us out some offensively. I don't want him to be a pitcher and get lost in the shuffle with all of the pitchers we already have coming in.

MsStateBaseball
03-14-2015, 10:05 PM
If moonlight struggles tomorrow, move Laster back to Sunday and Tatum to close. Hudson needs to pitch.

Homedawg
03-14-2015, 10:08 PM
It is. And I don't understand it. He could help us out some offensively. I don't want him to be a pitcher and get lost in the shuffle with all of the pitchers we already have coming in.

Because we think he is a pitcher at this point in the future. He might turn into a hitter. But he's not ahead of Wes rea.

Homedawg
03-14-2015, 10:08 PM
If moonlight struggles tomorrow, move Laster back to Sunday and Tatum to close. Hudson needs to pitch.

If I read one more post about Hudson needing to pitch I'll vomit.

Smitty
03-14-2015, 10:12 PM
And no reporter asked Cohen why they tried to bunt

Begin a twitter campaign, PLEASE. You have the followers.

MsStateBaseball
03-14-2015, 10:13 PM
I don't understand a reporter sitting down with Cohen and asking some tough questions

MsStateBaseball
03-14-2015, 10:14 PM
I did ask and I am not considered a reporter...

Todd4State
03-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Because we think he is a pitcher at this point in the future. He might turn into a hitter. But he's not ahead of Wes rea.

I don't expect him to be ahead of 5th year senior Wes Rea at this point. I think he is close to where Rooker is though, and I think he's someone that can give us power from the left side.

It's crazy to me based on what we have and what we have coming in for a guy that has Gordon's power potential and is coming off of Tommy John surgery to try to make him a pitcher. Put him at first base where his arm won't come into play as much.

Homedawg
03-14-2015, 10:25 PM
I don't expect him to be ahead of 5th year senior Wes Rea at this point. I think he is close to where Rooker is though, and I think he's someone that can give us power from the left side.

It's crazy to me based on what we have and what we have coming in for a guy that has Gordon's power potential and is coming off of Tommy John surgery to try to make him a pitcher. Put him at first base where his arm won't come into play as much.
Not arguing- just saying that we like him a lot as a pitcher. And we can't base what we having coming as pitchers until they get on campus and perform. And w this class actually get on campus first!!!! As for putting him at first, how can we put him at first when rea is a very good defensive first baseman and he, at this point isn't our offensive problem!

Todd4State
03-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Not arguing- just saying that we like him a lot as a pitcher. And we can't base what we having coming as pitchers until they get on campus and perform. And w this class actually get on campus first!!!! As for putting him at first, how can we put him at first when rea is a very good defensive first baseman and he, at this point isn't our offensive problem!

To be clear, I'm not saying he should replace Rea at all. I do see him as a first baseman long term after Rea is gone- Rooker, Waddell, and Lowe will certainly also be in the mix as well. I think he is a guy that could help us out as a DH/PH guy right now- essentially a LH version of Rooker. I don't like redshirting guys in baseball because if they blow up as a RS sophomores you only got two years of production out of them.

I feel pretty good about getting most of the pitchers on campus in this class as well even though there is certainly risk.

War Machine Dawg
03-14-2015, 10:39 PM
And no reporter asked Cohen why they tried to bunt with the bases loaded twice and both struck out..

I can solve the bullpen, throw Paul Young and Cole Gordon.

Just have to piece it together until we get hot with the bats. Must win tomorrow. I think playing at Kentucky will be huge for us. Get away from home and hit in a small ballpark.

You are a complete moron. Get out of here with your pollyanna Swan Lake sunshine pumping. Other than starting pitching and drawing walks, this team does very little well. We'll be lucky to win 30+ games. Still care to wager we'll hit 50 HRs?

MsStateBaseball
03-14-2015, 10:52 PM
Sure, I don't have to post on Elite Dawgs, I have 10,000 twitter followers, I have a blog Google +, Vine. I don't have to be on here, I was asked by the admins to be here.

messageboardsuperhero
03-14-2015, 11:00 PM
You are a complete moron. Get out of here with your pollyanna Swan Lake sunshine pumping. Other than starting pitching and drawing walks, this team does very little well. We'll be lucky to win 30+ games. Still care to wager we'll hit 50 HRs?

Dude, you have lost it with this statement.

bulldogcountry1
03-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Not that it's not obvious to anyone, but Cohen is a complete control freak. He must involve himself in every at bat when we get a runner on base. He has to implement some sort of play every time besides just letting the hitter swing the freaking bat. Have you ever seen another coach have a one on one discussion with every batter after we get a runner on base? Well, Cohen does, and it looks very little league-ish.

The garbage he pulled today with the bases loaded and not outs was him at his finest.

engie
03-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Dude, you have lost it with this statement.

He's been off the deepend for awhile in baseball. I'm glad you quoted that gem into message board immortality.

WMD is clearly on a "badass drunk" and calling out everyone that has actually done much baseball prognosticating.

JohnnyQuid
03-14-2015, 11:30 PM
If I read one more post about Hudson needing to pitch I'll vomit.

Kinda agree. I think we all saw why hudson isnt getting serious time at the moment. He needs to see some live action when we're ahead a bit tho(if that shit ever happens)

JohnnyQuid
03-14-2015, 11:32 PM
Begin a twitter campaign, PLEASE. You have the followers.

He said on the postgame show it was part of the gameplan because the area in front of home was basically pig slop. which it worked a few times cos bama fielders damn near fell down but.. gotta "GET 'ER DOWN" for that to matter

engie
03-14-2015, 11:39 PM
Completely agree with Todd on Gordon...

The SABRheads will tell us that anyone can play 1B and that it isn't a premium defensive position. Well, we got a glimpse otherwise in the time we spent without Wes Rea.

In the same discussion I was yelling about the writing on the wall by playing 2 senior catchers and not grooming any heir apparent for last year. And it bit us pretty hard. I hope the same doesn't happen at 1B -- and it's certainly not important on the level that catcher is defensively. But it gives me pause right now.

I just felt all the way thru fall and preseason practice that Gordon was going to be that guy after Rea. I expected a smooth transition there. Now I'm not sure what we'll end up with -- but the amount of talent accumulation at the spot virtually guarantees that the transition will be anything but smooth. Maybe one guy lights it up and takes the job. I hope they do. But we'll see...

tcdog70
03-15-2015, 12:12 PM

This statement coming from a guy who didn't want Wes Rea back.