PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State football cowboys

FlabLoser
06-26-2013, 09:10 AM
OSU one of the top WR corps in the nation. We have a thin stable of green CBs.

We need to grind it out with J-Rob and Perk. I want to see a lot of running. I want to see a lot of swing passes and screens.

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2013, 09:20 AM
People forget that this is year 5 of Mullen's program. This is the year that we have been waiting for, senior QB, senior HB, veteran OL, talented WR and a defense that finally has a DC that is going to utilize the talent that he has with NFL draft picks at the DL and young talent in the secondary.

The way Mullen has been building this program, I like the fact that the 'experts' are saying we won't do much this year, I like it. I think we perform better with lower expectations.

I truly believe we are simply a better team than Oklahoma State.

FlabLoser
06-26-2013, 09:26 AM
I truly believe that OSU > Ole Miss and we have less experienced DB talent this year than the MSU DBs that got torched by Ole Miss last year. That doesn't look promising.

FISHDAWG
06-26-2013, 09:27 AM
I can't argue with that assessment and have had that same feeling for a while ... while we may have "over-achieved" in baseball, I'm afraid the sports guys will say the same thing this year about football ...... in their minds beating LSU, SC, AtM, or Okie state will be an over achievement while I kinda expect us to beat one or more of those teams this year

PMDawg
06-26-2013, 09:27 AM
OSU one of the top WR corps in the nation. We have a thin stable of green CBs.

We need to grind it out with J-Rob and Perk. I want to see a lot of running. I want to see a lot of swing passes and screens.

Haven't seen it yet when it made a lot of sense. I'm with you in hoping that changes, but I don't see a reason to expect it at this point. Prove me wrong Merlins.

FlabLoser
06-26-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't care what any expert says. Until we beat a top 15 team and finish in the top 15, we will get no respect.

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2013, 09:41 AM
That is why Im glad we are playing this game. Big time opportunity.

This isn't year 2 or 3 of Mullen's tenure. Its year 5 and all the bullshit Bear fans throw at Mullen about Crooms' recruits and what not, can be smashed to pieces with one big time win on a National stage against a perceived top 20 team (I think they are overrated)

We have been building to a moment like this and if not now, when? I think its the perfect time.

Coach34
06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
I truly believe that OSU > Ole Miss and we have less experienced DB talent this year than the MSU DBs that got torched by Ole Miss last year. That doesn't look promising.

Ok State lost 4 starters on the OL- our defensive front should give them problems. This will be something to watch for.

Ok State's pass D was one of the worst in the country last year- and they lost 2 starters. Also something to watch for.

As much as people rag on Mullen in recruiting- we have outrecruited OK State the last 4 years- at least from a rankings perspective.

I dont feel like the underdog at all in this battle.

Coach34
06-26-2013, 09:51 AM
This isn't year 2 or 3 of Mullen's tenure. Its year 5 and all the bullshit Bear fans throw at Mullen about Crooms' recruits and what not, can be smashed to pieces with one big time win on a National stage against a perceived top 20 team (I think they are overrated)

Year 2, Year 5, Year 7 to me is irrelevant. It's what is on your roster. Houston Nutts had a shitload more talent on his roster in Year 2 than he did in Year 4.

Mullen has recruited a star-studded defensive line- they need to perform like it.
Mullen has a very good group of LB's
Our Secondary is not as green as people think- Love played alot last year and Cox has 2 juco seasons under his belt. Jiles has played but is still a little Green for sure. Having a Sr at FS should be a big help to keep everyone straight, and every one of our SS's have redshirted. We will be ok.

I've never seen an offensive line that had all it's starters return not get better.
Russell should be solid
Our RB's are good
WR needs to make some plays.

We are going to win 7 games in 2013 and get that f'ing Egg Bowl trophy back

HancockCountyDog
06-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Year 2, Year 5, Year 7 to me is irrelevant. It's what is on your roster. Houston Nutts had a shitload more talent on his roster in Year 2 than he did in Year 4.

Yeah, but that is why Nutt was exposed as a has been. He came in and took over a roster that had some talent, but he couldn't recruit enough talent and keep it on campus.

It comes down to one word DEVELOPMENT.

Cohen just got us an inch from the title game because of developing Girodo, Graveman, Rea, Mitchell and Holder. These guys were MLB draft picks. We developed them.

That is what Mullen has proven he can do - Develop players. The longer he is at MSU the more development we will see. Its year 5 and his structure should pay off this year.

Im with you on this, and when (not if) we beat OSU, I really think people will begin to realize what Mullen is building at MSU.

FlabLoser
06-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Development is key.

While Chris Kiffin is recruiting the lights out as Ole Miss's DL coach, his coaching resume consists of being some kind of administrative assistant.

Watch and learn as Ole Miss DL croots get little development outside of their natural inertia.

JayDawg
06-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Neither OSU's OL or DL will be able to stand up to our for 4 quarters, so if we have a lead or the game is close in the 3rd quarter, we win. If they shred our secondary and blow us out of the water in the 1st half, it won't really matter much.

Coach 57
06-26-2013, 01:24 PM
The great equalizer for "green DBs" is a formidable pass rush that punishes the QB. We will be fine in this game. I think that we will have success with our PA game down the middle of the field Vs. OSU.

fishwater99
06-26-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't care what any expert says. Until we beat a top 15 team and finish in the top 15, we will get no respect.

Mullen has yet to beat a Top 20 team(0-15), and I don't see it happening next year.