PDA

View Full Version : Men's basketball statistical update

Quaoarsking
03-13-2015, 09:27 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_basketball_statistical_ leaders

I have updated the Wiki page through the 2014-15 season. Although nobody entered a single-season or single-game top 10 this year, Sword and Thomas each entered a career top 10 list, and Sword, Thomas, and Ware should all be on several leaderboards by this time next year:

Craig Sword
Sword has 1,089 career points, which is 414 behind Jerry Jenkins for 10th. He'll probably get that many next year if he stays healthy -- he had 437 points in 2013-14.
With 211 assists, he's 115 away from tying Rich Knarr for 10th. That seems like a longshot, but he did have 88 last year, and if the team as a whole scores more baskets, it's possible.
Sword is now 9th on the career steals list with 144. Over his three seasons, he's has 55, 60, and 29 steals. If he stays healthy next year and puts up numbers like his first two years, he could conceiveably pass Derrick Zimmerman (205) for second and make a run at the school record (217 - Ray White).

Fred Thomas
Thomas has 877 career points, so he won't enter the top 10 even with a great year next year.
Thomas has entered the career top 10 with 134 3-point shots. This is kinda surprising as his season totals are 41, 46, and 47 (none are near the single-season top 10). He'll need only need 32 next year to tie Tony Watts for 6th, and he's 63 away from tying Timmy Bowers for 5th.
His career 3-point percentage is 29.7%, so it's extremely unlikely that he makes it into the top 10.
With 64 blocks, he's only 8 away from entering the career top 10.
With 105 steals, he's 35 away from entering the career top 10. However, he hasn't had that many steals since his freshman year.

Gavin Ware
Ware has 890 career points, so he won't enter the top 10 even with a great year next year.
Ware's 54 blocks put him 18 away from tying Marcus Grant for 10th.
With 647 rebounds, he's only 66 rebounds away from tying Jerry Graves for 713.

I'll do a women's leaderboard update when after their season ends.

tcdog70
03-13-2015, 09:47 PM
If I remember Jerry Graves, was a great player who got involved in a point shaving deal and missed his Sr year

Quaoarsking
03-29-2015, 10:41 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Lady_Bulldogs_basketball_statist ical_leaders

I've updated the women's basketball leaders through 2015 too.
Martha Alwal entered the top 10 in points this year and became #1 in blocks and #2 in rebounds.
Kendra Grant entered the top 10 in career 3-pointers made.
Victoria Vivians had the 7th best single season in 3-pointers. She'll probably at least finish 2nd alltime, assuming she stays healthy for the next 3 years.
Not a lot of entries on the single-game or single-season lists this year for whatever reason.