PDA

View Full Version : I didn't realize I had to completely explain the IT'S COMING

Coach34
03-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Obviously this wasn't just some random-ass Twitter account. This was a Twitter account run by the Ole Missus MIRS guys to help Ole Missus recruit. This catfish account was writing articles, being interviewed on radio, and direct messaging recruits to meet up in Oxford.

And for my enjoyment personally- the MIRS group was supposedly responsible for famous fake letter Elitedawgs got sent a couple years ago. To see them embarrassed like this is karma.

justwin
03-13-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm giving them credit for the letter to the FBI on the potential Updyke on the grove trees too.

I really think the way that your "network" email was written, direct & pointed, helped to start bringing this kind of stuff to light, Laimbeer, and played a part in their "misses" come signing day.

I'm glad Steve R. wrote the article, but he should've shared more of the details for reference.

Howboutdemdogs
03-13-2015, 04:55 PM
I believe the snowball has started. It should take a life of it's own shortly. Honestly, I am still upset of our the "Grove" incident was swept under the rug. Let's open Pandora's box and air of OM laundry.

GreenheadDawg
03-13-2015, 05:09 PM
This will be swept under the rug just like always and they will continue to do what they do

Alldawg
03-13-2015, 05:31 PM
This will be swept under the rug just like always and they will continue to do what they do

I get it should embarrass. What I don't get is how it will affect the school. Besides being a sick and twisted guy posing as a semi attractive female, what is the violation? Did he/she meet up with recruits? Surely a recruit would see a man at the meet point and realize he ain't getting laid.

Coach34
03-13-2015, 05:38 PM
IT'S COMING is never going to be about them getting sanctions or probation. It's not going to happen

starkvegasdawg
03-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Dayum...Rosebowl just made a post on the rivalry board for the ages. Some bears on there still butt hurt and saying he just wrote it to hurt tsun and to get site hits. He responded that he made no disparaging comments about tsun and only mentioned that the person said they were tsun fans. Then came the dagger. He added that he could have included in the story that both Bucky and his wife plus Bjork and his wife followed that twitter acct and had to have seen the tweets to recruits yet did nothing to stop it. I hope he found a mic to drop and walked out of the room.

Maroonthirteen
03-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Make it rain, Coach. Make it rain!

yjnkdawg
03-13-2015, 07:07 PM
Dayum...Rosebowl just made a post on the rivalry board for the ages. Some bears on there still butt hurt and saying he just wrote it to hurt tsun and to get site hits. He responded that he made no disparaging comments about tsun and only mentioned that the person said they were tsun fans. Then came the dagger. He added that he could have included in the story that both Bucky and his wife plus Bjork and his wife followed that twitter acct and had to have seen the tweets to recruits yet did nothing to stop it. I hope he found a mic to drop and walked out of the room.

The way Bjork and Freeze prioritized the Rebel_AP and FinsUPAP accounts, it's difficult to see how they wouldn't know anything

ShotgunDawg
03-13-2015, 07:09 PM
The thing that stood out to me about this episode wasn't the episode itself. It's embarrassing & a good story, but it's impact is virtually nothing. However, what does stand out to me is how Ole Miss is ALWAYS involved with shady stuff.

I'm sure that if this were a free board, they would come in droves to tell me about every shady thing that has happened that they weren't a part of, and I'm sure there are numerous of them. However, whenever a recruit's parents don't sign off on his LOI, Ole Miss is involved. Whenever a player screws up and signs two LOIs, Ole Miss is involved. Whenever recruits end up committing to a school that it makes no sense for the recruit to go to, usually Ole Miss is involved. I could go on and on and on, about shady things that happen involving Ole Miss, and how, individually, none of them are that big of a deal, but collectively, you see a trend of the same team always being involved with this type of stuff and you begin to ask "Why?"

A good analogy to this would be a middle to upper class person driving around in a bad part of town. In an individual circumstance, it's no big deal. All of us have likely driven in West Jackson as some point in our lives, however, if the cops pull over the same middle class person in bad parts of town, time and time again, at some point you have to begin investigating & asking "What the hell is going on?"

cbrunt29
03-13-2015, 08:37 PM
The thing that stood out to me about this episode wasn't the episode itself. It's embarrassing & a good story, but it's impact is virtually nothing. However, what does stand out to me is how Ole Miss is ALWAYS involved with shady stuff.

I'm sure that if this were a free board, they would come in droves to tell me about every shady thing that has happened that they weren't a part of, and I'm sure there are numerous of them. However, whenever a recruit's parents don't sign off on his LOI, Ole Miss is involved. Whenever a player screws up and signs two LOIs, Ole Miss is involved. Whenever recruits end up committing to a school that it makes no sense for the recruit to go to, usually Ole Miss is involved. I could go on and on and on, about shady things that happen involving Ole Miss, and how, individually, none of them are that big of a deal, but collectively, you see a trend of the same team always being involved with this type of stuff and you begin to ask "Why?"

A good analogy to this would be a middle to upper class person driving around in a bad part of town. In an individual circumstance, it's no big deal. All of us have likely driven in West Jackson as some point in our lives, however, if the cops pull over the same middle class person in bad parts of town, time and time again, at some point you have to begin investigating & asking "What the hell is going on?"

+1

sleepy dawg
03-13-2015, 10:15 PM
You don't have to explain to me... I'm all in.

rrog17
03-14-2015, 09:11 AM
I listened to Steve's podcast. He said something about believing it was a girl who ran that account. No way! There was obviously a girl that was the mouthpiece, but there's no way it wasn't guys running that account with all the sports and recruiting talk!

yjnkdawg
03-14-2015, 12:17 PM
I listened to Steve's podcast. He said something about believing it was a girl who ran that account. No way! There was obviously a girl that was the mouthpiece, but there's no way it wasn't guys running that account with all the sports and recruiting talk!

He also said that he would not be writing another story on this and that he would not give out any name or information on who it was. The so-called AP interview on MIRS did not sound like a female of AP's supposedly age, but more like an older female, in my opinion. But if it was a young girl, as portrayed, does anybody think she would spend that much of her time concerning OM football and criticizing MSU, as well as having the football knowledge, and being a priority to OM's Recruiting Director, Coach and AD on twitter? I agree with your thinking.

Political Hack
03-14-2015, 01:10 PM
The way Bjork and Freeze prioritized the Rebel_AP and FinsUPAP accounts, it's difficult to see how they wouldn't know anything

Freeze knows who it is and has admitted it in writing.

Political Hack
03-14-2015, 01:10 PM
can someone post a link to the MIRa podcast with her on it?

turkish
03-14-2015, 02:01 PM
Obviously this wasn't just some random-ass Twitter account. This was a Twitter account run by the Ole Missus MIRS guys to help Ole Missus recruit. This catfish account was writing articles, being interviewed on radio, and direct messaging recruits to meet up in Oxford.

And for my enjoyment personally- the MIRS group was supposedly responsible for famous fake letter Elitedawgs got sent a couple years ago. To see them embarrassed like this is karma.
The thing is, IT did nothing to connect the catfishing to UOM or MIRS. Any connection had to be made by the reader. While the whole story is interesting, IT was incredibly lackluster.

FlabLoser
03-14-2015, 03:19 PM
MIRS 1st Analesa Presley interview: http://tinyurl.com/d6aamtv starts at 1 hr 40 minutes or so

2nd interview http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/rebelsportsradio/2013-04-29-338944315-MIRS4.30RSR.mp3 stars around 44 minutes or so.

defiantdog
03-14-2015, 03:29 PM
i still don't get all that catfish stuff. It's kind of odd that a dude will act like a woman and talk to other dudes In a sexual manner. The guys that do that must not get laid too often.

yjnkdawg
03-14-2015, 04:55 PM
can someone post a link to the MIRa podcast with her on it?

http://deadspin.com/fake-female-ole-miss-fan-used-twitter-to-recruit-athlet-1691299370?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

bullet_proof_bulldog
03-14-2015, 09:21 PM
http://deadspin.com/fake-female-ole-miss-fan-used-twitter-to-recruit-athlet-1691299370?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflowI'm new to the board as a matter of fact this is my first attempt to ever reply to. My thing is how much of this cat fishing goes on on every campus? And how illegal is it if at all. Plus I could care less what goes on at tsun. I have been reading this board for a long time and often wonder why we give 2 cents on what goes on up there. We need to spend all our time and resources making this the best school not only in this state but the nation in everything we do! We can't do that by worrying about what goes on at tsun or any other school. We need to focus on our kids and their troubles and needs. We need to have control of our athletes and stop worrying about everyone else's .
When we can do this I believe we can be national champions of everything we do! Just some thoughts Iv'e had in my head for a long time. I hope I haven't offended anyone and if I have I am sorry. May God be with
us all :)

cbrunt29
03-14-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm new to the board as a matter of fact this is my first attempt to ever reply to. My thing is how much of this cat fishing goes on on every campus? And how illegal is it if at all. Plus I could care less what goes on at tsun. I have been reading this board for a long time and often wonder why we give 2 cents on what goes on up there. We need to spend all our time and resources making this the best school not only in this state but the nation in everything we do! We can't do that by worrying about what goes on at tsun or any other school. We need to focus on our kids and their troubles and needs. We need to have control of our athletes and stop worrying about everyone else's .
When we can do this I believe we can be national champions of everything we do! Just some thoughts Iv'e had in my head for a long time. I hope I haven't offended anyone and if I have I am sorry. May God be with

Ok

Treemydawg
03-14-2015, 09:42 PM
I'm new to the board as a matter of fact this is my first attempt to ever reply to. My thing is how much of this cat fishing goes on on every campus? And how illegal is it if at all. Plus I could care less what goes on at tsun. I have been reading this board for a long time and often wonder why we give 2 cents on what goes on up there. We need to spend all our time and resources making this the best school not only in this state but the nation in everything we do! We can't do that by worrying about what goes on at tsun or any other school. We need to focus on our kids and their troubles and needs. We need to have control of our athletes and stop worrying about everyone else's .
So, you have been hanging around just reading all this time and decide to register and reply on this thread??? Nice try troll

DancingRabbit
03-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Well bless your heart, you might have taken a wrong turn. This internet thing can be confusing.

yjnkdawg
03-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Ok

+1

JDog13
03-15-2015, 02:04 AM

hey, welcome to the board. If you'll follow me, we'll get your complimentary gift.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtjk3I2ft1YzQNljI8KO_qzgByy1k39 Lkkh5Pkmquucgz6gDH5Vw

Treemydawg
03-15-2015, 07:48 AM
hey, welcome to the board. If you'll follow me, we'll get your complimentary gift.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtjk3I2ft1YzQNljI8KO_qzgByy1k39 Lkkh5Pkmquucgz6gDH5Vw

Hahaha (like button)