PDA

View Full Version : i don't know about y'all.....

Westdawg
03-13-2015, 03:17 PM
but i honestly have been waiting and wanting this "IT" to happen for a long time. i hate catfish. not the fish, but the phony. I have had family members and good friends fall for this stuff. I have seen some of my students get hurt because of these kinds of fakery. I, along with others around those i mentioned, said, "hey, there are some warning signs about this. let's check this out", and find out fairly quickly that those were shams. on here, i have been more than happy to give my full "hypothetical" thoughts on this matter today. If you are on here trying to defend the ppl who had been trying to do all within their power and ability to make these fake accounts all the more real, just stop. don't do it. Yes, ppl are fooled every day. but these ppl....this is their business. There is no way they were all fooled for this long. You don't give ppl you have never really met access to your website. not just talking on the phone.....MET. There were ppl all around Manti Teo when his little catfish love story was going on, saying to him " hey man, something's not adding up". Sure, there were a lot of ppl that heard his story and felt so sad for him and it spiraled into something bigger than he could have imagined. but even he KNEW it was fake by then, and he did nothing to stop it until it blew up in his face. Warning sign #1. he never actually saw and met HER. He was fooled, but not everyone around him.
These are grown men. Who have prior knowledge that stuff like this happens. and not a single one of them said, " hey, you know, let's check this out to be sure before we publish her material...before we bring her on the air in order to assure everyone that she is legit".....BULL BUTTER. They knew. They all knew. Someone definitely knew. And it is all blowing up in faces everywhere. I can guarantee you this. There are people that know how to find out. When you put something on the internet and then try to erase it, it is still there. We got some really REALLY great alums who are more skilled than we could ever imagine who can find this out. there are companies that this is all they do, find out the truth of things from the internet and who did what. It may never come to light because nobody really cares enough to do it. but then again.....it just might ;)

let's just, for argument sake, that this really was all some catfish scheme. Does anyone really think it is THAT EASY to convince some business guys to take you for real without some verification of who you are? I realize there are con artists that talk ppl out of millions, dreams, homes, jobs, marriages, etc, every single day. but i honestly cannot fathom someone carrying it that far and still fooling that many ppl. Maybe some girl did. but what does that speak of those who took it completely? are they willing to go so far to believe and further their cause, their school's recruiting, and site and show participation, and to throw slaps at their rival ?????? ..........................well, now that i write that last part, maybe they were !

TrapGame
03-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Two of my youngest daughter's "frenemies" created an instagram account for a fake boy using some kid's pic that actually lives a town over. My daughter fell for the fake guy thinking he was real. It was some serious evil shit. One girl apologized and got her ass tore up by her parents. The other girl's parents (the dad's a cop) never gave us the time of day and said nothing to their daughter. I'm so glad I grew up without all this social network BS.

DanDority
03-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Two of my youngest daughter's "frenemies" created an instagram account for a fake boy using some kid's pic that actually lives a town over. My daughter fell for the fake guy thinking he was real. It was some serious evil shit. One girl apologized and got her ass tore up by her parents. The other girl's parents (the dad's a cop) never gave us the time of day and said nothing to their daughter. I'm so glad I grew up without all this social network BS.

Me and you both!