PDA

View Full Version : Deadspin picks the story up...

TheDogFather
03-13-2015, 02:37 PM
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/576453712689889280

TrapGame
03-13-2015, 03:13 PM
I see Talty putting in his 2 cents. He said he tried to search the image years ago but came up with nothing. Sure he did.

TopDog58
03-13-2015, 03:29 PM
And Talty's baby mama has apparently known since 2012

starkvegasdawg
03-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Add SDS to sites that have picked it up now.

DancingRabbit
03-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Talty has an article up now on al.com

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/03/auburn_fans_photos_used_in_cat.html

I see Talty putting in his 2 cents. He said he tried to search the image years ago but came up with nothing. Sure he did.

Bothrops
03-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Reverse image search doesn't always produce results, but this story is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

smootness
03-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Awesome. Hopefully they dig into it a little more, especially once they ask themselves, 'Wait, how did Freeze know her birthdate?'

This whole thing is so transparent. Yeah, MIRS only had interaction via twitter and were fooled with everyone else, yet felt so confident she was real after deleting one of her accounts they assured people she was still around 'moving and shaking'. Yeah, mmk. I'm going to believe that.

Schultzy
03-14-2015, 07:15 AM
The most egregious aspect of this, among other egregious things, is the taking of the girl's identity and without her or her family's knowledge and blasting it out all over the place on Twitter. All the while attributing opinions and sentiments to her that were not hers and obviously without her permission.

Certainly, daddy is going to pursue the perpetrator of this in some form, probably legally. If doing this doesn't get the person guilty of this in legal trouble, that would be very surprising to me.

This guy should not have a pot to pee in when this girls father gets through with him.

Saltydog
03-14-2015, 01:37 PM
but her sisters photos were used as well. Acey p.o.s. Roberts is still denying it but I can't say I blame him. Me thinks he's in some deep doo doo legally but the Rebs have deep pockets so expect some hush monies to be doled out here. Also, has Jake Wimberly came out with any type of comment on this? Did he not know? So many questions, so few answers. BTW, has Finebaum been contacted?

yjnkdawg
03-14-2015, 05:16 PM
but her sisters photos were used as well. Acey p.o.s. Roberts is still denying it but I can't say I blame him. Me thinks he's in some deep doo doo legally but the Rebs have deep pockets so expect some hush monies to be doled out here. Also, has Jake Wimberly came out with any type of comment on this? Did he not know? So many questions, so few answers. BTW, has Finebaum been contacted?

Jake Wimberly said that he would be back with BSR in the next few weeks, but I haven't seen anything, that he said concerning the catfishing. Steve said on the Boneyard that he postponed any media stuff until the first of next week. He didn't elaborate on that, but I hope Finebaum and ESPN would show some interest. Strange thing about this, if it had been us, the OM paper in Jackson would have blown it up probably, but silence from them with it being OM.

JDog13
03-14-2015, 05:26 PM

I just talked to Jake to ask this question for you. Jake interviewed ap twice on the air. He said even though it was a girl, he doubted she was real. He said that he told them they didn't need to defend someone they couldn't prove was real or not. They would get mad about it so he just didn't say anything else about it. Jake said you cant control what men in their 30's do. He said he is 100% certain Acey wasn't involved in the ap deal. He said if ap was a group effort, Acey couldn't have been in on it cause he is too busy. I know how busy Jake stays with different things he has going on. Jake said Acey stays as busy as he does. He works alot, and spends alot of his time with cooking deals. Jake says Acey is a great guy. I agree he acts like an asshole on twitter. I'm sure alot of OM fans think alot of us are assholes on twitter. Hell, I think Jake is a great guy, and OM fans would love to hit him with a truck. This guilt buy association thing isn't true in this situation. Hell, I made fun of mirs many times, but I did it cause of Acey and Faulkner. I held back alot of things cause I didn't want to trash on Jake. I know Jake is clean. I feel fairly certain that Acey is clean from what Jake tells me. Faulkner we didn't talk about.

Saltydog
03-14-2015, 05:47 PM
knowing damn well she wasn't real so he's not all innocent......He knew who it was.........He's so busy cause he's constantly on social media bashing all things MSU so yeah, he had PLENTY of time........

JDog13
03-14-2015, 06:10 PM
knowing damn well she wasn't real so he's not all innocent......He knew who it was.........He's so busy cause he's constantly on social media bashing all things MSU so yeah, he had PLENTY of time........

I said he defended her without knowing her didn't I? Believe what you want, I don't give a shit. I just gave you the info you asked for. I believe Jake.

Saltydog
03-14-2015, 06:20 PM
else why was he always defending her and getting mad at Jake when he would say something? He's almost as big a MSU hater as XenaReb.

FlabLoser
03-14-2015, 06:32 PM
As long as Acey is hiding his info on AP (like the phone number and email address), he is suspect.

Saltydog
03-14-2015, 06:54 PM
nt

Political Hack
03-14-2015, 08:55 PM
I have a feeling there's going to be more coming by early next week...

Maroonthirteen
03-14-2015, 09:26 PM
Your defense of Acey is passionate. I think you do give a ####.... I think you care a great deal.

DancingRabbit
03-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Well surprise, surprise - Ole Miss athletic department is "as surprised as anyone" that AP was a phony.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/03/ole_miss_officials_as_surprise.html

To me, all signs point to Acey and/or Faulkner being involved, and at least aware of what was going on. And apologies to any of you who are friends with Jake, but doesn't he come off as either knowing about the whole thing or not being the sharpest knife in the drawer? Hate to bag on a fellow Dawg, but we found out in the Devinner deal that business comes before fandom for some folks.

yjnkdawg
03-14-2015, 10:44 PM
Well surprise, surprise - Ole Miss athletic department is "as surprised as anyone" that AP was a phony.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/03/ole_miss_officials_as_surprise.html

To me, all signs point to Acey and/or Faulkner being involved, and at least aware of what was going on. And apologies to any of you who are friends with Jake, but doesn't he come off as either knowing about the whole thing or not being the sharpest knife in the drawer? Hate to bag on a fellow Dawg, but we found out in the Devinner deal that business comes before fandom for some folks.

That's no surprise or shock on the OM Athletic Department's statement. What is surprising, though, is the preferential treatment the OM Athletic Department gave the AP twitter accounts when they didn't even know who AP was. Doubtful it was because she was supposedly a pretty young blond who loved OM football.

JDog13
03-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Your defense of Acey is passionate. I think you do give a ####.... I think you care a great deal.

Well, that's what you get for thinking. Passion? For Acey? gtfo here. Apparently you haven't read what I've said about him. In the end, if it turns out that he knew, then I'm simply wrong for "defending" him. I'm just going on what someone says that knows him better than any of us on this board. I don't care 1 bit. I will sleep well any night I lay my head down. So again..... I don't care. Believe what you want.

smootness
03-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Faulkner pretty clearly had something to do with it. It's hard for me to believe Roberts didn't, but that's more plausible than Faulkner.

Has Faulkner not shown up anywhere to defend himself? And why has Roberts not even made an attempt to explain why Faulkner's twitter account has disappeared?

BTW, instead of being upset with whoever is behind AP (who, keep in mind, made him look like a fool and actually wrote articles and had interviews on his show/site, which seriously hurts his own legitimacy), Roberts is on twitter claiming that no one really cares about it. While I agree that unless it can be proven someone involved with Ole Miss was behind it or knew about it, then it's mostly a non-issue, I definitely don't understand someone in his position not being more involved and upset than the average person.

smootness
03-15-2015, 12:12 AM
He said he is 100% certain Acey wasn't involved in the ap deal. He said if ap was a group effort, Acey couldn't have been in on it cause he is too busy. I know how busy Jake stays with different things he has going on. Jake said Acey stays as busy as he does.

JDog, this is not directed at you, as you're just the messenger...but LOfreakingL on that.

Once a twitter account like this is up and running (which in and of itself doesn't take long), it takes no time at all to maintain. You just log in and tweet some stuff out. And Acey absolutely has enough time for twitter, most of it meaningless.

In order to be too busy to double the amount of tweets you're sending, your life would have to be nuts.

Also, he definitely was not too busy to spend a whole bunch of his time defending AP, even going so far (with Faulkner) as to find and publish information on people questioning her. But yes, that definitely sounds like the expected, reasonable response from people with no skin in the game to someone legitimately questioning the twitter profile of someone you are using in your own media. Most people, rather than either ignoring it or looking into it themselves in order to not be duped, go full throttle into attack mode in order to destroy the lives of people who would even dare question the authenticity of someone they've never met.

Then, when those people turn out to be correct, the obvious thing to do is to say, 'Oh, dang. Well, who really cares. I definitely don't.' Yeah, clearly.

JDog13
03-15-2015, 12:18 AM
Faulkner pretty clearly had something to do with it. It's hard for me to believe Roberts didn't, but that's more plausible than Faulkner.

Has Faulkner not shown up anywhere to defend himself? And why has Roberts not even made an attempt to explain why Faulkner's twitter account has disappeared?

BTW, instead of being upset with whoever is behind AP (who, keep in mind, made him look like a fool and actually wrote articles and had interviews on his show/site, which seriously hurts his own legitimacy), Roberts is on twitter claiming that no one really cares about it. While I agree that unless it can be proven someone involved with Ole Miss was behind it or knew about it, then it's mostly a non-issue, I definitely don't understand someone in his position not being more involved and upset than the average person.

Yeah, I see him saying that. There are plenty of posters here that don't seem to care about it. People ignorant of what "AP" did probably don't care about it. I wouldn't be shocked if Faulkner was behind it. I don't think he is, but if it turns out he is, then I missed that one. Faulkner was worse with engaging people on twitter. That caused several of us to troll him more than Acey. He deleted his account 2 days before the "AP" story broke and he/she deleted hers. Did he delete his account cause he got booted off mirs, or because he knew the "AP" gig was up? I don't know. I saw someone earlier saying the @rebsmack account on twitter was Faulkner. Said the followers looked the same. I thought Faulkner was an asshat, so I giggled when he deleted his stuff, even tho it meant 1 less account to talk crap to. Why is Acey not defending Faulkner? No clue. Maybe you could ask him. You might get a response. What makes you say Faulkner clearly had something to do with it, by the way? Yeah a lot of things made me think it was him, but nothing was "clear". I even told him to unblock me on "AP" so I could like one of her tweets. That got me a "Kiss my ass. I'm not AP" tweet from him.

It's only a thing for me cause "AP" produced people's personal info to protect her fake identity. She led personal attacks against people's jobs and families. That's the only reason I cared about her getting exposed. If she was a fake that just did twitter stuff, then she just would have been another annoying parody account to me. She attacked people's livelihood so good riddance. I think if his/her identity isn't discovered, he/she will just make another account and start over. I'd give deadspin some time. See what they come up with.

JDog13
03-15-2015, 12:24 AM
JDog, this is not directed at you, as you're just the messenger...but LOfreakingL on that.

Once a twitter account like this is up and running (which in and of itself doesn't take long), it takes no time at all to maintain. You just log in and tweet some stuff out. And Acey absolutely has enough time for twitter, most of it meaningless.

In order to be too busy to double the amount of tweets you're sending, your life would have to be nuts.

Also, he definitely was not too busy to spend a whole bunch of his time defending AP, even going so far (with Faulkner) as to find and publish information on people questioning her. But yes, that definitely sounds like the expected, reasonable response from people with no skin in the game to someone legitimately questioning the twitter profile of someone you are using in your own media. Most people, rather than either ignoring it or looking into it themselves in order to not be duped, go full throttle into attack mode in order to destroy the lives of people who would even dare question the authenticity of someone they've never met.

Then, when those people turn out to be correct, the obvious thing to do is to say, 'Oh, dang. Well, who really cares. I definitely don't.' Yeah, clearly.

I can't disagree with you there. The intelligent thing to do would be to look into it if there are that many people screaming fraud. I know I would, especially if I had a show.

DancingRabbit
03-15-2015, 12:28 AM
So Acey and friends are taunting us to prove it. Sure wish the victims would make them pay.

Rebs take deflection to a new level.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAALexvUUAA4HrG.png

DancingRabbit
03-15-2015, 12:41 AM
I just talked to Jake to ask this question for you. Jake interviewed ap twice on the air. He said even though it was a girl, he doubted she was real. He said that he told them they didn't need to defend someone they couldn't prove was real or not. They would get mad about it so he just didn't say anything else about it. Jake said you cant control what men in their 30's do. He said he is 100% certain Acey wasn't involved in the ap deal. He said if ap was a group effort, Acey couldn't have been in on it cause he is too busy. I know how busy Jake stays with different things he has going on. Jake said Acey stays as busy as he does. He works alot, and spends alot of his time with cooking deals. Jake says Acey is a great guy. I agree he acts like an asshole on twitter. I'm sure alot of OM fans think alot of us are assholes on twitter. Hell, I think Jake is a great guy, and OM fans would love to hit him with a truck. This guilt buy association thing isn't true in this situation. Hell, I made fun of mirs many times, but I did it cause of Acey and Faulkner. I held back alot of things cause I didn't want to trash on Jake. I know Jake is clean. I feel fairly certain that Acey is clean from what Jake tells me. Faulkner we didn't talk about.

Yeah, I feel much better now. For all I know you might be Analesa.

JDog13
03-15-2015, 12:47 AM
So Acey and friends are taunting us to prove it. Sure wish the victims would make them pay.

Rebs take deflection to a new level.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAALexvUUAA4HrG.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/98a5p2.jpg

JDog13
03-15-2015, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I feel much better now. For all I know you might be Analesa.

For all I know, you might be Analesa.

smootness
03-15-2015, 12:51 AM
Wait, Faulkner was kicked off MIRS?

That's interesting if so. It would provide a possible explanation for him leaving twitter, but it could also make it look even more like he is involved, especially if Roberts wasn't.

I saw Freeze actually sent out a tweet explaining why he followed her (that appears to now be deleted) that said he saw her articles on MIRS and that they had similar values. From what I've seen of her articles, her only 'values' expressed in her writing were loving Ole Miss, hating State, and loving Freeze. There was never anything I saw that could be construed as an actual value. It's funny, too, that he never followed the MIRS account or any of the other guys involved in the show.

I swear, he has no idea when to just shut up.

JDog13
03-15-2015, 12:54 AM

That's interesting if so. It would provide a possible explanation for him leaving twitter, but it could also make it look even more like he is involved, especially if Roberts wasn't.

I saw Freeze actually sent out a tweet explaining why he followed her (that appears to now be deleted) that said he saw her articles on MIRS and that they had similar values. From what I've seen of her articles, her only 'values' expressed in her writing were loving Ole Miss, hating State, and loving Freeze. There was never anything I saw that could be construed as an actual value. It's funny, too, that he never followed the MIRS account or any of the other guys involved in the show.

Yeah, before he deleted his account, someone mentioned his firing to him and he got mouthy.

DancingRabbit
03-15-2015, 12:57 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/98a5p2.jpg

You seem personally invested. It pisses me off to see rebs steal identities like its a pack of sweet-n-low to lure 17 yr olds. And your friend Jake is in on it or a dubmass.

DancingRabbit
03-15-2015, 01:02 AM

Wow, isn't that special.

Hey Hugh, did you only follow her because she's a hot young piece soliciting the young men on your target list?

JDog13
03-15-2015, 01:03 AM
You seem personally invested. It pisses me off to see rebs steal identities like its a pack of sweet-n-low to lure 17 yr olds. And your friend Jake is in on it or a dubmass.

Think what you want. I am not personally invested one bit. I am glad she was exposed because she went after people's jobs and families. Where have you been? How big of a dubmass do you think Jake is?

smootness
03-15-2015, 01:09 AM
The only way this is an actual story is if Freeze or someone within the athletic department was complicit on some level, whether that's actually behind the account (incredibly hard to believe) or just supporting it once it came about, with knowledge (seems unlikely on the surface but wouldn't shock me).

The fact that Freeze followed it, apparently just based on her articles, and then his wife and Bjork just happened to follow it, too, is definitely strange. And they obviously would have seen her tweets to recruits regardless.

But even if nothing comes of it, it's still hilarious.

DancingRabbit
03-15-2015, 01:34 AM
Think what you want. I am not personally invested one bit. I am glad she was exposed because she went after people's jobs and families. Where have you been? How big of a dubmass do you think Jake is?

Hey, I don't want to attack a loyal Dawg. I don't know Jake. Didn't you say you just talked to him? I have a lot of Reb friends but I'm lucky that they are old or redneck and don't do internet.

I just got more pissed just skimming Acey's twitter and seeing they are taunting us. It's not that "she" was exposed. It's not a she. This deal involved several dudes and 1 or 2 females. And some of the dudes may have been coaches or AD staff or AD contractors. Probably "social media consultant contractors" (not employees).

JDog13
03-15-2015, 01:55 AM
Hey, I don't want to attack a loyal Dawg. I don't know Jake. Didn't you say you just talked to him? I have a lot of Reb friends but I'm lucky that they are old or redneck and don't do internet.

I just got more pissed just skimming Acey's twitter and seeing they are taunting us. It's not that "she" was exposed. It's not a she. This deal involved several dudes and 1 or 2 females. And some of the dudes may have been coaches or AD staff or AD contractors. Probably "social media consultant contractors" (not employees).

I just asked how big a dumb ass you thought Jake was cause you said he was in on it or a dumb ass. I felt like I was being attacked. Why get pissed? In this day and age, there is a trail to everything. If they were involved, it will be found. There are plenty of bears talking crap on twitter, and they will look like dumb asses if anything worthwhile is found. Go back and laugh at the idiots that said she was real, Acey included. It's what I've been doing.