PDA

View Full Version : Thunder and Lightning

Smitty
03-13-2015, 01:33 PM
SEC Storied airing May 4th. Should be really good.

shannondawg
03-13-2015, 02:20 PM
Are they talking about the two players from West Point that went to Ole Miss. I remember the recruitment. The Todds had a Super Market in West Point and were caught up in the recruiting of them, that didn't go well with all the State folk which was by far the majority and they eventually closed the store.

MedDawg
03-13-2015, 02:49 PM
I was at State at the same time as Clark and Palmeiro. They didn't know me, but whenever I would see them on TV in MLB, I would tease my wife that they were saying, "This hit is for you, ____ (me)". So I'm expecting a lot of accolades during the Thunder and Lightning special.

maroonmania
03-13-2015, 03:10 PM
I was at State at the same time as Clark and Palmeiro. They didn't know me, but whenever I would see them on TV in MLB, I would tease my wife that they were saying, "This hit is for you, ____ (me)". So I'm expecting a lot of accolades during the Thunder and Lightning special.

I was a freshman at MSU at the same time Clark and Palmeiro came in as freshman so this documentary should really bring back the memories for me. No doubt that baseball was the unquestioned sports king on the MSU campus in the mid-80s. Part of that was how good we were in baseball and part was how bad we were in football and basketball during that time period.

justwin
03-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Hey, Will "how do you hit the curveball?" "Don't miss the fastball"...Will Clark.

asked them that as a kid and he didn't hesitate with his answer. will never forget that.

Dawg61
03-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Hey, Will "how do you hit the curveball?" "Don't miss the fastball"...Will Clark.

asked them that as a kid and he didn't hesitate with his answer. will never forget that.

That team had swag. This might go down as the best SEC Storied ever.