PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Antics

Rick Danko
03-13-2015, 12:41 PM
And yes I am talking about football offseason. Is this one of the craziest years in recent memory for the offseason concerning State and OM?

1. Mullen and Freeze sign huge extensions
2. State hauls in possibly the best recruiting class ever, complete with the last minute flip to the Good Guys by one Leo Lewis.
3. MGK goes on a rant and threatens to spray a bar with his AK the day, or maybe a few days, after he signs with OM.
4. Our top running back spurns his senior year for the draft then pretty much flops at the combine
5. Dak-PCB incident
6. Now this catfish thing with OM and recruiting

I'm sure there are some more I'm leaving out, but damn, it's been an entertaining offseason so far.

Alldawg
03-13-2015, 12:54 PM
I may be alone in this line of thinking, but I hate when I see either school pointing the finger at the other. Very seldom to you see Auburn and Alabama doing it and we all know why. They both play the game and it does no good to start a war. I say to each his own and play the game the best you can.

Westdawg
03-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Oh, they do it. We are just not in the state to see it all the time. they also have been so deep in it for so long, and the system around them , that a lot of their stuff is buffered long before it ever sees the light of day. their fans??? well, i haven't seen anyone from another rivalry go and do what they have done to one another in recent years.

Bama_Dawg
03-13-2015, 01:49 PM
I live in Alabama, and it happens quite often. I listen to sports talk radio locally, and man, they try to throw one another under the bus all the time.

shannondawg
03-13-2015, 02:25 PM
I live in Alabama, and it happens quite often. I listen to sports talk radio locally, and man, they try to throw one another under the bus all the time.

But not the ones actually doing the deeds.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
03-13-2015, 03:14 PM
But not the ones actually doing the deeds.

Yep.

justwin
03-13-2015, 04:02 PM
to me, the biggest story is Manny Diaz coming back to MSU.

From the outset, he was my #1 choice & I really think he's @ MSU until he gets a HC gig in a Big 5 conference. I didn't want another retread and wanted nothing to do with O. Listening to him during his presser, I really think he was impressed/surprised with the facility upgrades which is only going to allow him to recruit/develop better players more easily for his scheme ~ Leo. Plus, he's had a big payday so he should be financially set.

8 of our 13 games last year we gave up 23+ points. Of those 8, four were 30+. You can't win giving up that many points. We have the players and have had the players to be a top 3 SEC defense consistently.

What I really like about him is that he's very aggressive with his CBs. No read and react b/s. It's what Saban has done for years and you can get away with it a majority of the time if you commit to it to build confidence in your DBs and because you don't face many above avg qbs a year who can make quick decisions. You can't win in college football with soft corners or corner blitzes. You just can't.

Also, I think it's hilarious that the reason CJ Johnson "claimed" he went to OM was due to the departure of Diaz who is now back in the fold.