PDA

View Full Version : The Article

jalakin
03-13-2015, 07:17 AM
http://mississippistate.scout.com/story/1526883-coming-undone-a-cautionary-tale?s=136

Not nearly as hard hitting as I was expecting after all the build up.

Smitty
03-13-2015, 07:25 AM
The premise of the whole thing will carry the story. It should get picked up by hard-hitting people within the day

Outside Dawg
03-13-2015, 08:04 AM
To me, Steve took too high of a road with that article. There are plenty of screenshots to recruits and OM people defending her and Freeze acting like he knows her. None of that was mentioned.

Then MIRS puts out an article and they make it seem like MSU fans are at fault for their hate and vitriol, even going so far as referencing the horrible sexual tweets sent to her. Seems like too low of a road without presenting any evidence. Somehow they still come across as dicks even when they are caught...

WinningIsRelentless
03-13-2015, 08:07 AM
If someone used my daughters pictures like that I would personally track them down "Taken" style and cut ever finger off and then castract the sick f******.

messageboardsuperhero
03-13-2015, 08:35 AM
To me, Steve took too high of a road with that article. There are plenty of screenshots to recruits and OM people defending her and Freeze acting like he knows her. None of that was mentioned.

Then MIRS puts out an article and they make it seem like MSU fans are at fault for their hate and vitriol, even going so far as referencing the horrible sexual tweets sent to her. Seems like too low of a road without presenting any evidence. Somehow they still come across as dicks even when they are caught...

I love how he's trying to make some kind of connection between a fan starting up an anonymous twitter account to talk about sports and this Analesa Presley account... The fact that AP was a fake account tweeting about sports wasn't weird- it's the fact that someone stole pictures of a college girl to flirt with high school recruits and coax them into visiting UM under the pretense of "meeting up" with them.

THAT is the ****ing weird part, and THAT is the difference between an MSU fan anonymously talking sports and this Rebel AP person who was trying to seduce recruits over the internet. It's a really creepy thing to do, and I'd say that if it was an MSU fan too.

missouridawg
03-13-2015, 08:38 AM
I love how he's trying to make some kind of connection between a fan starting up an anonymous twitter account to talk about sports and this Analesa Presley account... The fact that AP was a fake account tweeting about sports wasn't weird- it's the fact that someone stole pictures of a college girl to flirt with high school recruits and coax them into visiting UM under the pretense of "meeting up" with them.

THAT is the ****ing weird part, and THAT is the difference between an MSU fan anonymously talking sports and this Rebel AP person who was trying to seduce recruits over the internet. It's a really creepy thing to do, and I'd say that if it was an MSU fan too.

But Steve didn't go into those details. I wish he would've had screen shots of some of the things that the account did and discussed those. Showing big time recruits interacting with the account, as well as Freeze and Bjork would've made the story much more interesting. I really hope that he went through that account and has everything that account did publicly screenshot and saved.

thf24
03-13-2015, 08:45 AM
But Steve didn't go into those details. I wish he would've had screen shots of some of the things that the account did and discussed those. Showing big time recruits interacting with the account, as well as Freeze and Bjork would've made the story much more interesting. I really hope that he went through that account and has everything that account did publicly screenshot and saved.

I'm hoping he does have all that content and is planning to pass it along to the national media if/when they make contact. I could completely understand Steve, as a local media guy, not wanting to get his hands that dirty, but a site like Deadspin wouldn't hesitate to lay it out there if they can get their hands on it.

messageboardsuperhero
03-13-2015, 08:49 AM

Yeah, that account got much creepier than what Steve showed/found... It would take an actual hard-hitting journalist to dig around and actually get to the bottom of it. I don't think anyone at UM actually knew who AP was- but some of the promiscuous stuff that account tweeted at high profile recruits would be funny to read back over now.

Howboutdemdogs
03-13-2015, 08:49 AM
For this story and reporting to take effect, it has got to be pushed in high gear with large media outlets. (Including our state's newspapers). A hard line story must come out of it and pushed for anything to happen. The OM controlled media in this state will squash it. It will take out of state and national avenues for to take grip.

Maroonthirteen
03-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Good job Steve.

At the least, SDS needs to pick up the article. Then high school coaches across the nation need to know of these reb tactics.

Only question I have is, who is the OM link? We know who it probably is. However the general public doesn't know the guy(s) at MIRS.

There needs to be some follow up to connect the dots to Freeze. If Freeze in fact really runs his twitter account, it is highly suspicious he tweets at this fake account but not the 1st lady of reb recruiting? It was a purposely done tweet to legitimize the twitter account.

engie
03-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Steve is just leaving meat on the bone for the bigger story to come IMO...

lefty96
03-13-2015, 08:58 AM

I thought this was a pretty big hole in the story myself. If you aren't a frequenter of message boards and don't know the missing pieces, this story is pretty flat.

03-13-2015, 09:07 AM

http://favstar.fm/users/finsupap

engie
03-13-2015, 09:16 AM

What i gathered from all of that:

This @shoptwofriends account seems awfully connected to AP and suspicious as well....

cbrunt29
03-13-2015, 09:18 AM
Wow

03-13-2015, 09:23 AM
https://twitter.com/coachhughfreeze/status/499382015322755072

And in case it's deleted.

http://s2.postimg.org/h3hkfg5ex/Screen_Shot_2015_03_13_at_10_23_29_AM.png

Ralph
03-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Wish I were a hacker I'd figure it out.

03-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Wish I were a hacker I'd figure it out.

Get to work:
http://topsy.com

DawgFromOxford
03-13-2015, 10:25 AM
I don't see any of this becoming a big deal now. To me, the article doesn't mean much because it didn't link the account to anybody. Somebody made a fake profile based on a real girl to try and recruit. Creepy? Yes. A big deal? To us yes, to those outside of the state probably not. I think releasing the story without connecting the account to anyone was a mistake. Without the accounts ceasing to exist anymore it's going to be even harder to factually prove anything.

bulldogcountry1
03-13-2015, 10:41 AM
Somehow, we will come out of this looking worse than UM.

FlabLoser
03-13-2015, 10:43 AM
Make It Rain Sports has been dropped from Bulldog Sports Radio.

smootness
03-13-2015, 10:43 AM
That's a good article, but the whole thing is a let-down in terms of tone and what was uncovered. Can we stop blowing things up if this is all they're going to lead to?

This is a 'this is how weird recruiting is now' story rather than a 'Check out what Ole Miss did'. Considering it absolutely looks like Freeze was intentionally tweeting at her in order to legitimize her (or at the absolute least clearly liked the stuff she was tweeting to recruits) it looks like there's definitely more there.

Send the story, along with Freeze's tweets, to deadspin and see if they dig into it.

starkvegasdawg
03-13-2015, 11:30 AM
I know most of your are aware of the MSU/OM Smackdown rivalry site on fb. Last night there was a nice back and forth between Rosebowl and Acey. Acey was seriously butthurt over this article having been written and Rose was not backing down one bit. He had one post where he said he had been very lenient with Acey in the writing of that article. Not sure if you could read that he was implying that he had more he could have written but decided against it or not. But despite the bears publicly laughing this off it has definitely hit a nerve with them. They are hurling accustations that this was only written to deflect attention away from Dak's incident in PCB and because since there has not been a lot of good news coming out of Starkville lately with that incident and our BB team sucking the big one. Quite funny, actually.

I still have my doubts as to whether or not this story gains any traction beyone FB and message boards, but it will be interesting to see what happens with it in the upcoming days.

C222
03-13-2015, 11:39 AM
I know most of your are aware of the MSU/OM Smackdown rivalry site on fb. Last night there was a nice back and forth between Rosebowl and Acey. Acey was seriously butthurt over this article having been written and Rose was not backing down one bit. He had one post where he said he had been very lenient with Acey in the writing of that article. Not sure if you could read that he was implying that he had more he could have written but decided against it or not. But despite the bears publicly laughing this off it has definitely hit a nerve with them. They are hurling accustations that this was only written to deflect attention away from Dak's incident in PCB and because since there has not been a lot of good news coming out of Starkville lately with that incident and our BB team sucking the big one. Quite funny, actually.

I still have my doubts as to whether or not this story gains any traction beyone FB and message boards, but it will be interesting to see what happens with it in the upcoming days.

I'm listening to The Boneyard. Pretty sure Steve just said he knows who was running the account but won't say who.

Maroonthirteen
03-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Somehow, we will come out of this looking worse than UM.

Oh, they are already trying to paint Steve in a bad light with his investigation. Which makes OP4 and the rest look as f'd in the head as person behind the account. Their fans are stealing some young girls likeness. Their coach is so far in it that he is following and wishing the "girl" happy birthday. But their problem is Steve bringing it to this family's attention that their kid is being used by a grown man to decieve other kids into choosing OM????.....

Yeah, you JA OP4! The investigation is laughable.... Only to sickos like you and your ilk that will stop at nothing to decieve 17-18 year old boys.

Political Hack
03-13-2015, 11:57 AM
they're defending a fake person who stole someone else's identity.

that said, Steve wrote the article from a perspective of "gotta protect my business," which sadly misses the greater point here.

thf24
03-13-2015, 12:21 PM
that said, Steve wrote the article from a perspective of "gotta protect my business," which sadly misses the greater point here.

Fine with me as long as he passes on everything he's got to a national media outlet, should one contact him.

JDog13
03-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Deadspin picked it up http://deadsp.in/028leBK