PDA

View Full Version : Vandy basketball

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 06:39 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a team in the SEC have such a dramatic improvement from the start of the same season to the end. Vandy is GOOD and will be a top 4 SEC team next year if Jones comes back (he won't). Just a fraction of this type improvement is all that Ray has needed to do for me to be off his back but he has failed to SHOW he can develop players and coach offense AT ALL and his roster management skills are the worst. Kevin Stallings is a tremendous douche but he's also a damn good HC.

Oh btw both Tyndall and Pearl have had better 1st seasons than Ray has had in his THIRD SEASON. It's time!!

msstate7
03-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Stallings has an nba big man with shooters all over the place. That combination can make any coach look good. Ray needs to find out where stallings gets there shooters.

I do like stallings as a coach

Jones is one of the best big men I've seen this year

chef dixon
03-12-2015, 07:25 PM
These are Vandy's 5 true freshman:

LaChance: 12.5ppg, 3rpg, 3apg (40% from 3pt)
Baldwin: 8.8ppg, 4rpg, 4apg (43% from 3pt)
Fisher-Davis: 7ppg, 2rpg (40% from 3pt)
Roberson: 4.6ppg, 3rpg (41% from 3pt)
Mitchell: 4.2ppg, 3apg, 2rpg

Unreal production and they've won 19 games with 5 true freshman getting at least 19 minutes/game. Should give you an idea of Rick Ray's ability to turn around a program. It only has to take 1 year, but in our self proclaimed "year 1," we won 13 games and lost to McNeese by 20.

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 07:31 PM
U
Stallings has an nba big man with shooters all over the place. That combination can make any coach look good. Ray needs to find out where stallings gets there shooters.

I do like stallings as a coach

Jones is one of the best big men I've seen this year

Stallings is very underrated imo. Do you remember how decimated Vandy got last year? Stallings had to kick off like 4 players and they at one point were down 6 guys from their spring roster I believe. Not looking it up. But what he's been able to add to his roster since then has been mini-Calipariesque. What I really like about his coaching is the importance he puts on adding lots and lots of quality shooters. His team's is filled with snipers year after year. Damian Jones is a top 10 pick imo but the two I'm also very impressed with are Baldwin and LaChance both freshman. Those two are going to reek havoc for 3 more years.

msstate7
03-12-2015, 07:37 PM
U

Stallings is very underrated imo. Do you remember how decimated Vandy got last year? Stallings had to kick off like 4 players and they at one point were down 6 guys from their spring roster I believe. Not looking it up. But what he's been able to add to his roster since then has been mini-Calipariesque. What I really like about his coaching is the importance he puts on adding lots and lots of quality shooters. His team's is filled with snipers year after year. Damian Jones is a top 10 pick imo but the two I'm also very impressed with are Baldwin and LaChance both freshman. Those two are going to reek havoc for 3 more years.

Only problem I could foresee next season is teams will man up vandy without jones. Nobody outside of Kentucky can handle jones without help, so vandy sees zone a lot. Without jones, I doubt vandy sees zone much.

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 07:41 PM
Only problem I could foresee next season is teams will man up vandy without jones. Nobody outside of Kentucky can handle jones without help, so vandy sees zone a lot. Without jones, I doubt vandy sees zone much.

Damian Jones is listed as the #17 pick in this upcoming draft. He'll go top 10 imo. He is damn good.

msstate7
03-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Damian Jones is listed as the #17 pick in this upcoming draft. He'll go top 10 imo. He is damn good.

If he could make ft's, he'd lead the sec in scoring. He's a beast

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Anddddddddd Vandy chokes

chef dixon
03-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Anddddddddd Vandy chokes

Yea we jinxed their ass. Still, impressive season for a young team.

msstate7
03-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Anddddddddd Vandy chokes

20-2 tenn run to end it. Vandy was down by 2 scores under a min and stallings let tenn run clock then foul. What would you be saying if Ray did that? Haha

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 08:03 PM
20-2 tenn run to end it. Vandy was down by 2 scores under a min and stallings let tenn run clock then foul. What would you be saying if Ray did that? Haha

Haha I'd be furious! Guess we just found out why he's 122-135. Did he have a brain aneurysm?