2 John Holland 2B
3 Gavin Collins C
4 Wes Rea
5 Reid Humphreys LF
6 Matt Spruill 3B
7 Ryan Gridley DH
8 Michael Smith RF
9 Jacob Robson CF

Maybe one game will be like this. Again mix and match. We have plenty guys coming off the bench.

I would love to see Dakota and McCord give us some relief innings. Eastern Illinois is oh fer to start the season, we play them Tuesday, don't hold any pitcher on the weekend back for them.

JohnnyQuid
03-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Id prefer to not see hump in the top half of the order.

msstate7
03-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Is Bama gonna throw a lhp or rhp?

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Me personally, if we are going to bunt our number two hitter after Heck gets a hit in the first inning- we might as well use our best bunter. So, I would go with Heck at leadoff, and Robson 2, and then have Rea behind Robson with Collins hitting 4.

After that maybe go Gridley, Cody Brown, Spruill, Rooker since Humphreys may be out, and Vickerson.

1. Heck
2. Robson
3. Rea
4. Collins
5. Gridley
6. Cody Brown
7. Spruill
8. Rooker
9. Vickerson

MsStateBaseball
03-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Their Friday guy is LHP, then two righties. They have two hot hitters right now. They didn't play this week. Again don't take anyone lightly.

MsStateBaseball
03-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Now that we have better players on the 35, be tough to pick the 25 I think its 27 but those two can't dress out. Todd may expound more.

preachermatt83
03-12-2015, 06:52 PM
1 Seth Heck
2 John Holland 2B
3 Gavin Collins C
4 Wes Rea
5 Reid Humphreys LF
6 Matt Spruill 3B
7 Ryan Gridley DH
8 Michael Smith RF
9 Jacob Robson CF

Maybe one game will be like this. Again mix and match. We have plenty guys coming off the bench.

I would love to see Dakota and McCord give us some relief innings. Eastern Illinois is oh fer to start the season, we play them Tuesday, don't hold any pitcher on the weekend back for them.

seriously? Our best hitter in Cody Brown on the bench? Goodness. That's pretty terrible MsStBB

MsStateBaseball
03-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Brown isn't the best hitter, he may being seeing it good now. He can come in the 6th or so.

I seen it dawg
03-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Vs LH
Heck
Brown
Collins
Rea
Spruill
Hump
Rooker Dh
Gridley
Robson

Vs RH
Heck
Brown
Collins
Rea
Holland
Hump
Rooker dh
Gridley
Robson

preachermatt83
03-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Brown isn't the best hitter, he may being seeing it good now. He can come in the 6th or so.

hahahahahahaha!!

RAYn_Man
03-13-2015, 04:59 PM
Brown isn't sitting this weekend. And it's 27 people that can play, everyone dresses however.

Homedawg
03-13-2015, 05:28 PM
I want 9 guys looking for breaking ball w 2 strikes************

MsStateBaseball
03-13-2015, 07:35 PM
I didn't say Brown sits, he needs to start but maybe one game and hit at end of order.

RossDawg82
03-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Me personally, if we are going to bunt our number two hitter after Heck gets a hit in the first inning- we might as well use our best bunter. So, I would go with Heck at leadoff, and Robson 2, and then have Rea behind Robson with Collins hitting 4.

After that maybe go Gridley, Cody Brown, Spruill, Rooker since Humphreys may be out, and Vickerson.

1. Heck
2. Robson
3. Rea
4. Collins
5. Gridley
6. Cody Brown
7. Spruill
8. Rooker
9. Vickerson

I love the idea of Collins after Rea. Remember how well he did hitting in front of Renfro (not comparing the two). Rea will get better pitches to swing at

RAYn_Man
03-13-2015, 08:48 PM
I love the idea of Collins after Rea. Remember how well he did hitting in front of Renfro (not comparing the two). Rea will get better pitches to swing at

Renfroe hit in front of Pirtle, who hit in front of Rea. So no, I don't remember.

Todd4State
03-13-2015, 09:14 PM

My thinking is with Heck and Robson, odds are Rea is going to be hitting with runners on base, which hopefully will help him see pitches to hit. Plus, we would have our best hitter behind him, so I'm trying to force them to pitch to Rea.

Smitty
03-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Heck - 6
Brown - 8
Holland - 4
Collins - 2
Rea - 3
Gridley - 5
Hump - DH/7
Vickerson - 9
Rooker - 7/DH

I would have really liked to have seen more of Michael Smith lately. He provides a good bat off the bench, maybe.. Robson can pinch run when needed in a big time steal spot. Holland and Gridley could swap spots, I'm going off a RHP. Vickerson and Holland could swap if needed but we REALLY need Holland to hit like he can.

Rea-Gridley-Hump-Vick-Rooker gives not having the same type of hitter back to back.

messageboardsuperhero
03-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Bama starts a lefty in game 1 tomorrow, I believe. I'd really like to see Michael Smith in the lineup. In no particular order:

Collins- C
Rea- 1B
Holland- 2B
Heck- SS
Gridley- 3B
Hump- OF
Smith- OF
Brown- OF
Rooker- DH

38843dawg
03-13-2015, 10:54 PM
Still don't understand how Humphries is getting a free pass from some in our fan base. If he's not producing, he should play a more limited role. K machine.

Smitty
03-13-2015, 10:59 PM
Still don't understand how Humphries is getting a free pass from some in our fan base. If he's not producing, he should play a more limited role. K machine.

He's one of the few that can hit the MFer a long way, and he's not the K machine Rea was last year.... yet. Rooker is about in the same boat as him. I wish Michael Smith could be healthy and ready to go but I just haven't seen him do it yet.

If Hump keeps it up and Smith emerges I make that swap immediately and let the DH chips fall where they may

38843dawg
03-13-2015, 11:03 PM
He's one of the few that can hit the MFer a long way

You mean if he makes contact.

Smitty
03-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Humphreys currently is striking out at a lower rate than Mike Trout did in the bigs last year. Trout was the best hitter in the game.

He can stay around 23-26% K rate and be fine as long as he hits for power. 6 league HR should be a minimum.

Todd4State
03-14-2015, 12:24 AM
He's one of the few that can hit the MFer a long way, and he's not the K machine Rea was last year.... yet. Rooker is about in the same boat as him. I wish Michael Smith could be healthy and ready to go but I just haven't seen him do it yet.

If Hump keeps it up and Smith emerges I make that swap immediately and let the DH chips fall where they may

Sometimes our fans are harder on certain players than others- probably like most fan bases. I think Humphreys falls into that category because he is behind only Collins terms of offensive potential on our team. But he hasn't put it all together yet aside from a few moments last year.

But as with our luck- Humphreys hits a home run Tuesday. Next at bat he gets plunked- possibly intentionally- and then his arm goes numb. I was pretty surprised that he played on Weds.

I seen it dawg
03-14-2015, 01:10 AM

Good part is last year doesn't mean shit for this year.

I seen it dawg
03-14-2015, 01:10 AM
Humphreys currently is striking out at a lower rate than Mike Trout did in the bigs last year. Trout was the best hitter in the game.

He can stay around 23-26% K rate and be fine as long as he hits for power. 6 league HR should be a minimum.

Good part is the majors don't mean shit as far as college baseball goes.

maroonmania
03-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Sometimes our fans are harder on certain players than others- probably like most fan bases. I think Humphreys falls into that category because he is behind only Collins terms of offensive potential on our team. But he hasn't put it all together yet aside from a few moments last year.

But as with our luck- Humphreys hits a home run Tuesday. Next at bat he gets plunked- possibly intentionally- and then his arm goes numb. I was pretty surprised that he played on Weds.

I would be ok with the Ks if he was hitting more HRs but he only has 2 on the year. Heck, that's only one more than Vickerson. Nobody is expecting him to hit .350 but if he is going to be near the Mendoza line we need him to hit more than 2 HRs against the competition we've been playing.