PDA

View Full Version : Smitty....

I seen it dawg
03-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Has officially and unequivocally stamped his baseball knowledge in stone with his stance on 2 strike hitting in the game thread that continued thru this am....

With 2 strikes you should always look for breaking stuff....and adjust to the fastball. He seriously took that stance.

Now I hope everyone sees what a fraud he is. It's plain as day. Those of you like myself that continue to try to educate the novice should just leave it alone from here on out. There is no arguing with one that had such a lacking in actual baseball. I had actually given him way more credit than I should have and I am ashamed of myself.

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 03:57 PM
It isn't baseball season if ISID and WJ aren't fighting.

engie
03-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Wait...He really said that?

Like everything else, 2 strike hitting is situational. In general, you still look to hit the fastball and fight off the breaking ball. Or more precisely -- look to drive the FB center/oppo -- putting you closer to in time with the breaker if you mis-see it out of the pitcher's hand. It's not quite that simple in college because you start to see quite a few people bust you inside with the fastball and depending on your scouting report, you have to adjust accordingly...

Cohen teaches a different two strike approach than I was ever taught(the Polk way) though. Seems to be a "new" fad in baseball to stay consistent with your swing and approach regardless under the pretense that the extra K's you add up will be less than the potential extra bases you gain by staying with your early count approach. I haven't seen enough sample size to say whether I agree with the approach or not. Guess it is also situational and hitter-dependent. I was always taught to choke up, spread out(take the lower half out of it), and put it in play. In hindsight, I was a much better 2-strike hitter than I was early count hitter -- My whole career was marred with always trying to do too much and not trusting my talent(probably because I didn't have all that much -- at least not as a hitter)....

Smitty
03-12-2015, 04:23 PM
With two strikes you shorten up, expect the off-speed stuff, and adjust to the fastball with an opposite field approach. You should NEVER get beat on a curve in the dirt. You should NEVER be out front (as you are on time with off speed and sending fastballs the other way/fighting them off protecting the zone.

It's not rocket science. ISID is a very petty individual as we have seen, and incorrect on 2 strike approach hitting.

engie
03-12-2015, 04:26 PM
With two strikes you shorten up, expect the off-speed stuff, and adjust to the fastball with an opposite field approach. You should NEVER get beat on a curve in the dirt. You should NEVER be out front (as you are on time with off speed and sending fastballs the other way/fighting them off protecting the zone.

It's not rocket science. ISID is a very petty individual as we have seen, and incorrect on 2 strike approach hitting.

Yeah, that's not even close to correct. It may work like that in your head -- but the reality of the game is very, very different...

Please just leave this one alone...

Smitty
03-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Yeah, that's not even close to correct. It may work like that in your head -- but the reality of the game is very, very different...

Here goes Engine, never wrong. Except now.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Wait...He really said that?

Like everything else, 2 strike hitting is situational. In general, you still look to hit the fastball and fight off the breaking ball. Or more precisely -- look to drive the FB center/oppo -- putting you closer to in time with the breaker if you mis-see it out of the pitcher's hand. It's not quite that simple in college because you start to see quite a few people bust you inside with the fastball and depending on your scouting report, you have to adjust accordingly...

Cohen teaches a different two strike approach than I was ever taught(the Polk way) though. Seems to be a "new" fad in baseball to stay consistent with your swing and approach regardless under the pretense that the extra K's you add up will be less than the potential extra bases you gain by staying with your early count approach. I haven't seen enough sample size to say whether I agree with the approach or not. Guess it is also situational and hitter-dependent. I was always taught to choke up, spread out(take the lower half out of it), and put it in play. In hindsight, I was a much better 2-strike hitter than I was early count hitter -- My whole career was marred with always trying to do too much and not trusting my talent(probably because I didn't have all that much -- at least not as a hitter)....

That's basically what I was taught too. My Dad always told me to look for a fastball because if you're looking for a curveball/slider and they do throw you a fastball you'll never get the bat to the ball- and if you do it's going to be weak contact.

And pitchers especially in MLB like to pitch backwards- they'll throw hitters fastballs in breaking ball counts and breaking balls in fastball counts. That's why so many scouts/baseball say that control is so important and valued- because if you can throw breaking balls for strikes in fastball counts, you are going to be a quality pitcher. Greg Maddux was the king at this. I've heard players say that when you faced Maddux the worst thing you could do was think.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 04:37 PM

Maybe someone can call up Holder and have him throw Smitty some curveballs. He might change his mind on "never beat on a curve in the dirt."

Smitty
That's basically what I was taught too. My Dad always told me to look for a fastball because if you're looking for a curveball/slider and they do throw you a fastball you'll never get the bat to the ball

If you suck.

You should never be out front on a 2 strike approach, you're looking to be on time with the off-speed and adjust to send fastballs the other way/fight them off. MSU continuously swings at curveballs in the dirt and watches fastballs go by for strike 3 because we don't do this.

Its very easy some people just like being argumentative.

engie
Here goes Engine, never wrong. Except now.

That is a hilarious statement while your lack of knowledge of the actual fundamentals of playing the game are boiling to the surface. It's exactly what ISeenIt stays on your ass about. There is part of the game you can't learn by watching or reading about. Hence why you would have been better served just to sit this one out.

Please tell me how you "adjust to a fastball"? How do you speed up your swing and approach mid pitch? That's right -- it's physically impossible. You sit breaker on 2 strikes -- you have zero chance to hit even a Ross Mitchell fastball. Period. Nevermind upper 80s+. You don't have to play at the professional or collegiate level to know this much -- the high school level is plenty far enough.

Just quit while you are behind on this one. Please, I beg you.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 04:40 PM
My approach means you strike out on a fastball in. If the pitcher makes that pitch (without hitting you because you are already up on the plate) then hats off to him.

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 04:42 PM

It doesn't even work in my head. For that approach to work, everyone would need world class hand speed. It is very difficult to put a fastball in play when you're looking curve. If you do, it's going to be weakly hit or foul. And any pitcher worth his salt that sees you late on his fastball on a two strike count is going to keep pounding the zone with it.

And like I said in the other thread, if you're hanging over the plate looking for something offspeed and you get a fastball in your kitchen, that could be trouble.

That is a piss-poor approach fundamentally, which is why I was sincerely saying I didn't understand it. He had to have invented it or something because I know of no coach that would teach it. Of course, things can change situationally based on pitcher/hitter tendencies, but all things equal, you gotta protect against the heat.

engie
03-12-2015, 04:42 PM
If you suck.

You should never be out front on a 2 strike approach, you're looking to be on time with the off-speed and adjust to send fastballs the other way/fight them off. MSU continuously swings at curveballs in the dirt and watches fastballs go by for strike 3 because we don't do this.

Nice theory Phillip**

If you are on time with offspeed -- the bat is still on your shoulder when the fastball is in the mitt.

It's an extreme amount easier to slow down midpitch than it is to speed up. Hence why you sit fastball and adjust to breaking ball.

Please quit. I'm begging you.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 04:43 PM
That is a hilarious statement while your lack of knowledge of the actual fundamentals of playing the game are boiling to the surface. It's exactly what ISeenIt stays on your ass about. There is part of the game you can't learn by watching or reading about. Hence why you would have been better served just to sit this one out.

Please tell me how you "adjust to a fastball"? How do you speed up your swing and approach mid pitch? That's right -- it's physically impossible. You sit breaker on 2 strikes -- you have zero chance to hit even a Ross Mitchell fastball. Period. Nevermind upper 80s+. You don't have to play at the professional or collegiate level to know this much -- the high school level is plenty far enough.

Just quit while you are behind on this one. Please, I beg you.

Engine doing Engine things again.

You have a short swing already in 2 strike. You throw your hands at the fastball and send it oppo. Its not so much "adjusting" to the fastball it's being on time with the off speed and sending the fastball oppo.

With quick hands/short compact swings.. SOmething we obviously don't work on.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Nice theory Phillip**

If you are on time with offspeed -- the bat is still on your shoulder when the fastball is in the mitt.

It's an extreme amount easier to slow down midpitch than it is to speed up. Hence why you sit fastball and adjust to breaking ball.

Please quit. I'm begging you.

Rounding up the followers with your "expert" posts used to work for you… "Please stop…. Philip… read about…" Engine gonna Engine.

You don't speed anything up.. You have a short swing in 2 strike. You throw your hands at the fastball going the other way with it. You don't get beat off-speed in really obvious off-speed counts and chase balls in the dirt because you were out front.

shoeless joe
03-12-2015, 04:46 PM
In a 2 strike situation a player is forced to be more aggressive...or as all the dad's say "can't take anything close". This is why, at every level, batters chase more bad pitches once they have 2 strikes. A 55 ft breaker is rarely ever swung at on an 0-0 count but is chased quite a bit 0-2 or 1-2.

Even tho it has almost become cliche' on this board, it really does just come down to understanding the game from a fundamental player stand point.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 04:47 PM
If you suck.

Serious question- have you ever swung a bat before in your life in a live baseball game? I'll count Little League in this case.

If you tried to use your approach in a batting cage without knowing what kind of a pitch is coming, I think you would see what we are all talking about.

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 04:49 PM

You have a short swing already in 2 strike. You throw your hands at the fastball and send it oppo. Its not so much "adjusting" to the fastball it's being on time with the off speed and sending the fastball oppo.

With your approach, the best thing you can hope for if you get that fastball is a dribbler back to the pitcher or up the first base line. And that's if you got LUCKY enough to get the bat on the ball, because that's what it would be - luck. No hitter at this level can consistently do what you are advocating: look offspeed and speed up his bat to get to the fastball. It is physically impossible to do consistently for most, and not possible at all for some.

I think these guys are right, you may want to sit this one out. You're not looking good here.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 04:50 PM
In a 2 strike situation a player is forced to be more aggressive...or as all the dad's say "can't take anything close". This is why, at every level, batters chase more bad pitches once they have 2 strikes. A 55 ft breaker is rarely ever swung at on an 0-0 count but is chased quite a bit 0-2 or 1-2.

Even tho it has almost become cliche' on this board, it really does just come down to understanding the game from a fundamental player stand point.

Exactly. You have to protect the plate. That's a lot of people teach choking up- because you have better bat control.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Serious question- have you ever swung a bat before in your life in a live baseball game? I'll count Little League in this case.

Hahaha you too.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 04:51 PM
That's a lot of people teach choking up- because you have better bat control.

So you can throw your hands at the fastball sending it the other way.

Todd4State
With your approach, the best thing you can hope for if you get that fastball is a dribbler back to the pitcher or up the first base line. And that's if you got LUCKY enough to get the bat on the ball, because that's what it would be - luck. No hitter at this level can consistently do what you are advocating: look offspeed and speed up his bat to get to the fastball. It is physically impossible to do consistently for most, and not possible at all for some.

I think these guys are right, you may want to sit this one out. You're not looking good here.

This level? I'm not sure anyone in MLB is talented enough to make it work.

engie

The world is square** Cute theory you have there. On SBW -- I'll bring my catcher's gear -- we'll let ISeenIt or Coach warm up and throw for probably the first time in 15 years, Ref or someone else video it, and you sit dead red on their breaker. We'll see if you can fight off their fastball. That ought to solve it quickly and simply and actually give you a little perspective on the matter. Deal?

You can have the shortest swing in the world -- and if you are sitting dead red curve ball -- you aren't catching a fastball. Nevermind that if you are dead red curve -- you generally scoot up in the box and hit it before it breaks. Even an average highschool fastball is by you without a chance in this scenario. "In time with the offspeed and hit the fastball oppo" -- the only time this idea works is if you've got a guy throwing a cutter or splitter less than 5 mph off his fastball velo. Anything more -- and your theoretical approach won't even come close to working.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Hahaha you too.

Apparently ignorance is bliss.

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 04:53 PM
If you suck.

By the way, our hitters do this because they are looking for the curve with two strikes and get surprised by the fastball. Let me say that again - get surprised by the fastball. If they could adjust to it and foul it off, they would. You really should face live pitching sometime. You have less than a second to see the pitch and react to it, and that's if you know it's a fastball. If you are expecting something slower, you ain't hitting it, no matter how easy you think it is in your mind.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 04:55 PM
With your approach, the best thing you can hope for if you get that fastball is a dribbler back to the pitcher or up the first base line. And that's if you got LUCKY enough to get the bat on the ball, because that's what it would be - luck. No hitter at this level can consistently do what you are advocating: look offspeed and speed up his bat to get to the fastball.

You don't speed your bat up dumbass.

You aren't fooled on the off-speed stuff and you foul off or hit oppo the fastball.

You take your same quick cut at the fastball… You aren't out front on the breaking stuff… Its simple. And I don't care how many blooming "experts" say otherwise.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 04:55 PM
So you can throw your hands at the fastball sending it the other way.

Right to the first baseman if it gets past the pitchers mound- and it's an outside pitch. Anything middle in, you're screwed.

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 04:56 PM
This level? I'm not sure anyone in MLB is talented enough to make it work.

They aren't, I was just trying to be diplomatic. But I see I'm wasting my time there.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry- I'm laughing my ass off right now just thinking about what these awful swings would look like.

engie
03-12-2015, 04:57 PM

You aren't fooled on the off-speed stuff and you foul off or hit oppo the fastball.

You take your same quick cut at the fastball… You aren't out front on the breaking stuff… Its simple. And I don't care how many blooming "experts" say otherwise.

So take us to the cage and show us... Should be simple, right?

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 04:57 PM

OK, this is stupid. If you are looking curve ball the only hope in even tipping the ball is to speed up your bat to catch up with it if it's a fastball. This is officially the dumbest shit I've ever read.

engie
03-12-2015, 04:59 PM
My approach means you strike out on a fastball in.

This is arguably the funniest part of the whole deal.

In order to prevent striking out on a breaker in the dirt -- we're going to give the pitcher the inner half on a fastball. That'll work out splendidly 4 games in when the scouting report is out...

JohnnyQuid
03-12-2015, 05:00 PM
God smitty is so terribly wrong about this the whole thread seems like a professional troll job, but the sad part is he actually thinks he's right about what he's saying.

My favorite response so far about it being almost impossible to catch up to a fastball looking curveball 2 strikes: "Yea, if you suck." ha. that's comedy gold right there.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:00 PM
The world is square** Cute theory you have there. On SBW -- I'll bring my catcher's gear -- we'll let ISeenIt or Coach warm up and throw for probably the first time in 15 years, Ref or someone else video it, and you sit dead red on their breaker.

Why would I set "dead-red" on the off-speed? All I'm saying is you EXPECT and ADJUST its not dead red.. You know what I am saying here, just choosing to be Engine with it….

Is Engine's and Todd's 2 strike approach to sit DEAD RED on a fastball? Because thats what you are attributing to me.

Your 2 strike swing is shortened ALLOWING you to fight off/send oppo the fastball. That is your bat-speed and timing! That is the adjustment! Where you normally are ON TIME with the fastball in 2-strike you are a LATER on the fastball because you more EXPECT the off-speed so as to not be out front on that in an off-speed count you become LATER on the fastball and more ON-TIME with the off-speed…

Its not ****ing hard

engie
03-12-2015, 05:01 PM
You've officially proven ISeenIt's point about you -- just like he knew you would. I can't believe you allowed yourself to fall for the bait in this thread.

Surely there was something you could have gone and read to tell you how dumb this idea of yours was...

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:03 PM
You've officially proven ISeenIt's point about you -- just like he knew you would. I can't believe you allowed yourself to fall for the bait in this thread.

Surely there was something you could have gone and read to tell you how dumb this idea of yours was...

Everyone knows your schtick bud, keep it up. You don't have a cheering section anymore.

By all means sit dead red on a fastball in an 0-2, 1-2 count. Genius.

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Why would I set "dead-red" on the off-speed? All I'm saying is you EXPECT and ADJUST its not dead red.. You know what I am saying here, just choosing to be Engine with it….

Is Engine's and Todd's 2 strike approach to sit DEAD RED on a fastball? Because thats what you are attributing to me.

Your 2 strike swing is shortened ALLOWING you to fight off/send oppo the fastball. That is your bat-speed and timing! That is the adjustment! Where you normally are ON TIME with the fastball in 2-strike you are a little LATER on the fastball because you more EXPECT the off-speed so as to not be out front on that in an off-speed count you become LATER on the fastball and more ON-TIME with the off-speed…

Its not ****ing hard

Here's what's not hard: it's much easier to slow down your swing and adjust slower than it is to speed up your bat and adjust faster. You keep saying in your snarky tone that you don't speed up your bat in your approach, but you have to speed up your bat since a fastball is, you know, faster.

I don't know what Cohen has our guys doing with two strikes but I will tell you this: if you were coaching a team and this was your approach, you would see a helluva lot of called strike three fastballs. An embarrassingly high number of them.

engie
03-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Your 2 strike swing is shortened ALLOWING you to fight off/send oppo the fastball. That is your bat-speed and timing! That is the adjustment! Where you normally are ON TIME with the fastball in 2-strike you are a LATER on the fastball because you more EXPECT the off-speed so as to not be out front on that in an off-speed count you become LATER on the fastball and more ON-TIME with the off-speed…

Its not ****ing hard

Keep it up. Highhhhh comedy.

Yes -- you sit "dead red" on something. You'll never square up anything sitting somewhere in the middle. Better off bunting. Seriously. But in your head, you apparently think it's possible to divide the difference and speed up to the fastball. It's physically impossible. Unless there's mitigating circumstances -- you always sit dead red on the fastball.

So -- in this approach of yours -- you actually gain bat speed by shortening things up with the 2 strike approach? Hell, that makes it a zero strike approach. Once again -- may have sounded good in your head -- but terrible in reality.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Here's what's not hard: it's much easier to slow down your swing and adjust slower than it is to speed up your bat and adjust faster. You keep saying in your snarky tone that you don't speed up your bat in your approach, but you have to speed up your bat since a fastball is, you know, faster.

I don't know what Cohen has our guys doing with two strikes but I will tell you this: if you were coaching a team and this was your approach, you would see a helluva lot of called strike three fastballs. An embarrassingly high number of them.

You don't speed up your bat in my approach, again.. "Speeding up your bat" is having a shorter swing.

With 2 strikes you will be later on the fastball as you want to be (and expect) the off speed stuff.. This allows you to not be out front when many more off-speed pitches occur.

engie
03-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Everyone knows your schtick bud, keep it up. You don't have a cheering section anymore.

By all means sit dead red on a fastball in an 0-2, 1-2 count. Genius.

Well -- let's count how many agree with me -- and how many think you are a dumb ass right now shall we? Uh -- everybody to nobody.

Hey -- I can probably only throw 85-86 now. Never did have a very good breaker. Why don't you show us the values of this revolutionary approach of yours sitting on my breaker and catching up to my fastball? Then, I'll sit on your fastball and adjust to your breaker. We'll have a neutral third party from the forum video and post it. Deal?

shoeless joe
03-12-2015, 05:11 PM
All the metrics Smitty has read about have their place in the game...they're not the end all be all that some think but they have there place (personally I'd rather see players play and make decision based on what I see, but metrics do have a place). Even tho he goes overboard about bunting, we do bunt too much...and we aren't aggressive enough on FB early in the count.

Point being, Smitty has been less wrong on some things lately...AND THEN he totally trumps everything by trying to talk actual baseball instead of stats. The humor in this is absolutely epic. There is zero point arguing with him about it cuz he just flat doesn't have a clue.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Keep it up. Highhhhh comedy.

Yes -- you sit "dead red" on something. You'll never square up anything sitting somewhere in the middle.

With 2 strikes you aren't trying to square it up, you're trying not to strike out..

By sitting dead red fastball you are out front on the off-speed stuff (when its the most likely to be thrown)

By doing what I say you are late on a fastball, sending it oppo or fighting it off, but lets you hit the off-speed stuff (when its the most likely to be thrown)

The old clapping seal section of "oppose Will" has been blown as Ive been proven right time and again.. Everyone sees what I see know with our in-game and this game is up. You are being highly irrational with your "approach" and I don't care who the **** taught you.. It don't make sense.

"Sit dead red fastball in 2 strike approach" - Thats lunacy

Rayburn8
03-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Smitty you should take my approach to baseball. When you don't know what your talking about stay out of the conversation. Hence why I am never in Baseball game threads. Sounds like you should follow my approach as well

engie
03-12-2015, 05:14 PM
This approach of yours is also advocating hitting offspeed pitches -- that are generally running away from you -- to the pull side...

Thanks for this comedic relief. I can now go back to not taking anything you say about baseball beyond what you can read on a sabr chart seriously...

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Well -- let's count how many agree with me -- and how many think you are a dumb ass right now shall we? Uh -- everybody to nobody.

Hey -- I can probably only throw 85-86 now. Never did have a very good breaker. Why don't you show us the values of this revolutionary approach of yours sitting on my breaker and catching up to my fastball?

I wouldn't be sitting on your breaker dumb ass.. You don't sit on anything 2 strike. You are later on the fastball to be on-time with the off-speed. (As more likely it will be thrown)

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 05:17 PM
You don't speed up your bat in my approach, again.. "Speeding up your bat" is having a shorter swing.

With 2 strikes you will be later on the fastball as you want to be (and expect) the off speed stuff.. This allows you to not be out front when many more off-speed pitches occur.

Have you ever taken a physics course? Jesus Christ. If you are looking breaking ball and get a fastball, you'd better speed up your bat. This short stroke, throw your hands at the ball argument that you're making will not work - in theory or practice, because it's physically impossible to do with consistency. But keep on arguing that the sky is green, my friend.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:17 PM
This approach of yours is also advocating hitting offspeed pitches -- that are generally running away from you -- to the pull side...

Engine gonna Engine.. Here goes the put words in someones mouth and argue against that straw man...Quote where I said pull a breaking ball away.

YOU ARENT OUT FRONT ON THE BREAKING BALL IN 2 STRIKE APPROACH! YOU ARE LATER ON THE FASTBALL TO BE MORE ON TIME WITH OFF-SPEED. YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO GET OFF SPEED PITCHES HERE, THUS ALLOWING YOU TO HANDLE THEM AND NOT STRIKE OUT.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Later on a fastball.
On-time/not fooled with the off-speed.

That is my 2 strike approach boiled down.. Its common sense, you people are nuts.

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 05:21 PM
By doing what I say you are late on a fastball, sending it oppo or fighting it off, but lets you hit the off-speed stuff (when its the most likely to be thrown)

No, by doing what you say, you aren't making contact with the fastball at all. You're late on a fastball when you expect a fastball but it's faster than you expect. If you are expecting a breaking ball and get the cheese, that bat is either never coming off your shoulder, or the kangaroo court is going to fine you for that weak ass excuse of a swing you put on the ball.

Dawgcentral
03-12-2015, 05:22 PM
http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0011/2188/Two-Strike_Hitting_Approach.pdf

This thread brought Pete Rose to mind for me. That crouch, the big forearms. He could get the ball through or just over the infield if it was anywhere near the strike zone.

engie
03-12-2015, 05:23 PM
With 2 strikes you aren't trying to square it up, you're trying not to strike out..
If you have no prayer of squaring anything up, how are you accomplishing anything more than laying a bunt down?

By sitting dead red fastball you are out front on the off-speed stuff (when its the most likely to be thrown)
And by spreading out and taking your lower half out of it -- it's easy to hold your hands back, let it get deep in the zone, and hit it into the opposite field gap.

Rainbowland. The pitches are not that close in mph to allow this to happen. Minor league would have taught you this -- had you ever actually played it.

The old clapping seal section of "oppose Will" has been blown as Ive been proven right time and again..
Except all the times you've been wrong...Which you conveniently forget and never admit to -- even when directly called out about them.

Everyone sees what I see know with our in-game and this game is up.
Everyone sees what? Wait -- you think you actually influence anyone else's thoughts on the game? I can post complaints about our bunting I had from before your message board life began.

You are being highly irrational with your "approach" and I don't care who the **** taught you.. It don't make sense.
Yet everyone agrees with me here -- and everyone thinks you are an idiot here. Why do you think that is?

"Sit dead red fastball in 2 strike approach" - Thats lunacy
Show me. Asking again. Put your theory where your mouth is. I probably couldn't take you deep in Dudy Noble this time of year -- it's only been 7 or 8 years since I last saw live pitching. Surely, a baseball guru like you could take me to school on the hill and at the plate...

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Later on a fastball.
On-time/not fooled with the off-speed.

That is my 2 strike approach boiled down.. Its common sense, you people are nuts.

This approach only works if the fastball and the off-speed pitch are within three mph of each other. Science is your friend...

engie
03-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Engine gonna Engine.. Here goes the put words in someones mouth and argue against that straw man...Quote where I said pull a breaking ball away.

YOU ARENT OUT FRONT ON THE BREAKING BALL IN 2 STRIKE APPROACH! YOU ARE LATER ON THE FASTBALL TO BE MORE ON TIME WITH OFF-SPEED. YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO GET OFF SPEED PITCHES HERE, THUS ALLOWING YOU TO HANDLE THEM AND NOT STRIKE OUT.

Nice backtrack... But you are still wrong. Refer to my first post in this thread.

Yes -- you look to go oppo with the fastball in 2 strike situations. But you don't look breaker in order to fight off the fastball. It's not possible. And is a 99% K when the fastball is delivered.

News flash -- unless it's hung -- you are hitting the breaker oppo with a 2 strike approach too.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:28 PM
No, by doing what you say, you aren't making contact with the fastball at all. You're late on a fastball when you expect a fastball but it's faster than you expect. If you are expecting a breaking ball and get the cheese, that bat is either never coming off your shoulder, or the kangaroo court is going to fine you for that weak ass excuse of a swing you put on the ball.

I cannot comprehend how you people are so incredibly illiterate. You arent timing the off-speed... You expect it in these situations. Does that mean you sit dead red and time your swing as such? No.

You shorten your swing first. This, along with being later on a fastball and selling out to oppo/fight it off allows you to be ready to hit the off speed which is far likelier to come in these situations. It's so simple. Just because your high school coach said something different and you think he is a God doesn't make it truth. Cohen is a college coach that bunts in the first inning. Doesn't make it right.

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 05:32 PM
I cannot comprehend how you people are so incredibly illiterate. You arent timing the off-speed... You expect it in these situations. Does that mean you sit dead red and time your swing as such? No.

You shorten your swing first. This, along with being later on a fastball and selling out to oppo/fight it off allows you to be ready to hit the off speed which is far likelier to come in these situations. It's so simple. Just because your high school coach said something different and you think he is a God doesn't make it truth. Cohen is a college coach that bunts in the first inning. Doesn't make it right.

You keep talking about shortening your swing. Yes, you shorten your swing with two strikes. But you aren't comprehending the fundamentals here.

I would bet you $100, and I'm sure others would join in as well...that if you were in a cage and looking breaking ball and BUNTING, you wouldn't be able to put a fastball in play. A swing gets no shorter than that. You are missing the fundamental point I made earlier. You have less than one second to read and react to a fastball - if you're looking fastball. If you're looking offspeed, you aren't hitting it, no matter how much you shorten up.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Nice backtrack... But you are still wrong. Refer to my first post in this thread.

Yes -- you look to go oppo with the fastball in 2 strike situations. But you don't look breaker in order to fight off the fastball. It's not possible. And is a 99% K when the fastball is delivered.

News flash -- unless it's hung -- you are hitting the breaker oppo with a 2 strike approach too.

There is no backtrack you obviously believed the words you are putting in my mouth. You EXPECT breaker. Different from sitting breaker. Since you expect this your swing is shortened and you are later on a fastball. These two details allow you to handle the off speed.

Bubb Rubb
03-12-2015, 05:37 PM
You EXPECT breaker. Different from sitting breaker. Since you expect this your swing is shortened and you are later on a fastball. These two details allow you to handle the off speed.

Huh? Ok, I'm giving up. Having a conversation with this guy is like a martian talking to a fungo.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 05:43 PM

Who the was your coach that taught you how to hit?

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 05:45 PM
http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0011/2188/Two-Strike_Hitting_Approach.pdf

This thread brought Pete Rose to mind for me. That crouch, the big forearms. He could get the ball through or just over the infield if it was anywhere near the strike zone.

So, this guy that wrote that claims that Pete Rose and Ty Cobb agree with us? Impossible.*************************************** **************

Smitty
03-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Huh? Ok, I'm giving up. Having a conversation with this guy is like a martian talking to a fungo.

Here's an analogy because you are illiterate. I EXPECT to beat Pine Bluff. I'm not sitting dead red and betting the farm on it though

RougeDawg
03-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Choke up, spread feet to shorten stride of you even stride at all, look away and react in. You aren't looking any pitch in particular except the pitch the scouting report says "said" pitcher is prone to throw in that count and situation. You must know that certain pitchers "out pitch" as well. The pitch Pitchers like to go to for strikeouts.

If you don't look away and react to an inside pitch you will not be successful with 2 strikes. The difference in where the hands are when contact is made on an outside and inside pitch is roughly only 6-8" apart. Contact of an Outside pitch should be made with the bat even with the front outside corner edge of the plate. An inside pitch about 8" out in front of the inside corner of the plate. Making contact in between the two follows a straight line. . Hitting the ball before it gets on top of the plate like this allows any hitter to hit to any field with power, because your hands are allowed to reach maximum extension at contact. With the proper swing, you press the bat through the zone without breaking or rolling the wrist, similar to a bench press, and you make contact out in front of the plate, you create backspin and carry.

If you have in mind to look away with 2 strikes you are trying to get your hands in the spot to make contact with an outside pitch, but if the pitch breaks back inside you can pull your hands in and hit the inside pitch during swing. If you look inside and start your hands with the intent to get them in position to hit the inside pitch, it is impossible to alter the paths of your hands to hit the outside pitch.

If you allow your hands to move away from your body and move on a swing motion like a gate rotating on a hinge, you will have a difficult time making consistent contact at any point in the hitting zone. Most of our hitters have this "gate" swing and that's the reason most of them hit weak rollover ground balls to the pull side and lazy pop flies to the outfield. These types of swings also show opponent pitchers how to pitch to us. If you throw us hard in, soft away with these swings we will struggle to make consistent solid contact.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 06:00 PM
You illiterates holdup is assuming that because you expect the off speed that you have to sit dead red on timing the off speed.

Here for you dunce cap wearing Common Core reading people.

More or less likely to get off speed down in the count 2 strikes? MORE
So let's adjust knowing this to be successful.
First you shorten your swing to have a better chance of contact and not K.
Second, you sell out to letting fastballs get deeper and sending them oppo/fight them off because you will see more off speed pitches.
Because you EXPECT off speed here and have this approach you will have more success here on not being out front on the off speed, chasing balls in the dirt, etc.

You are up on the plate meaning the ONLY thing you shouldn't handle is a fastball on the black inside. Good hitters can still foul these off. A little in and its a HBP. Miss away and its middle opp which is what you want! You are able to hit the off speed!

Which part of this again are you people not agreeing with? Please use the quote feature

Dawgcentral
03-12-2015, 06:04 PM
So, this guy that wrote that claims that Pete Rose and Ty Cobb agree with us? Impossible.*************************************** **************

Just thought the approach from two of the best hitters who ever played the game might be appropriate. Didn't seem to eliminate the drama.

engie
03-12-2015, 06:23 PM
There is no backtrack you obviously believed the words you are putting in my mouth. You EXPECT breaker. Different from sitting breaker. Since you expect this your swing is shortened and you are later on a fastball. These two details allow you to handle the off speed.

Expecting breaker = sitting breaker = K on the fastball.

If you are so confident in being correct -- why are you totally ducking my offer to showcase it for me?

Smitty
03-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Expecting breaker = sitting breaker = K on the fastball.

I clearly just spelled it out how you are wrong here. You are willfully ignorant at this point. Expecting doesn't equal sitting. Your logic is awful but you aren't dumb. Obviously you are admitting logical defeat here and trying to keep it up to save Engine face. Asked you to use the quote feature. You haven't. You can't.

Really Clark?
03-12-2015, 06:41 PM
I clearly just spelled it out how you are wrong here. You are willfully ignorant at this point. Expecting doesn't equal sitting. Your logic is awful but you aren't dumb. Obviously you are admitting logical defeat here and trying to keep it up to save Engine face. Asked you to use the quote feature. You haven't. You can't.

Dude quit. You are so wrong with this approach it's not taught or attempted at any level from high school up. May be if you know a certain pitcher is always going to throw you a breaking pitch every time you face him you can take the chance with nobody on base a two outs. Very very small situational hitting where you can take the chance. But you will be looking fastball and adjust down for offspeed 99% of the time. And at the higher levels you have to be even more selective and situational depending on what's happening at that moment in the game. Adrian Gonzales, Cabera, and many others like to look outside fastball and fight off inside fastball and adjust down to breaking stuff. Can you link any hitter or hitting coach advocating your approach? I'm not sure you even know what shorting your swing even means.

engie
03-12-2015, 06:44 PM
You illiterates holdup is assuming that because you expect the off speed that you have to sit dead red on timing the off speed.

Here for you dunce cap wearing Common Core reading people.
That's cute.

More or less likely to get off speed down in the count 2 strikes? MORE
Link?

So let's adjust knowing this to be successful.
Knowing what to be successful? That you might be able to hit a curve ball if you get it -- while reducing your chance to hit a fastball to zero percent? How long do you think it would take for a scouting report to be developed on that? You probably don't think those actually exist though**

First you shorten your swing to have a better chance of contact and not K.
Yeah -- and?

Second, you sell out to letting fastballs get deeper and sending them oppo/fight them off because you will see more off speed pitches.
Rainbowland

Because you EXPECT off speed here and have this approach you will have more success here on not being out front on the off speed, chasing balls in the dirt, etc.
LOL. Show me.

You are up on the plate meaning the ONLY thing you shouldn't handle is a fastball on the black inside. Good hitters can still foul these off. A little in and its a HBP. Miss away and its middle opp which is what you want! You are able to hit the off speed!
Square world!

Which part of this again are you people not agreeing with? Please use the quote feature
Most of it. Although it's cute how you are slowly but surely refining your approach to go with exactly what I said in the original post in this thread...

engie
03-12-2015, 06:49 PM
I clearly just spelled it out how you are wrong here. You are willfully ignorant at this point.
I'm "willfully ignorant" -- yet I'm the one that actually played baseball...

Expecting doesn't equal sitting.
Yes it does. Your lack of understanding of this highlights the extent to which you never played the game. You ALWAYS adjust off the fast ball with 2 strikes. Never off the breaker. Because it's alot easier to keep your hands back than it is to speed them up beyond your natural ability(which you are already swinging at the threshold of prettymuch. Period -- end of story.

Your logic is awful but you aren't dumb.
Why thanks. I actually played the game.

Obviously you are admitting logical defeat here and trying to keep it up to save Engine face.
Where is this "admitted defeat"? You are the one that's scared to step in the batter's box with anyone on the forum pitching -- or trying your luck on the hill against my hitting approach with a half cracked maple I haven't pulled off the shelf in 8 years.

Asked you to use the quote feature. You haven't. You can't.
Check again. While hypocriting yourself and talking in circles.

But what do I -- and everyone else on the board -- know that you don't? You are revolutionizing the game from behind your computer screen**

Aces High
03-12-2015, 06:53 PM
I cant believe I read all this.

So someone truly believes that on an 0-2, you sit on a curve and react to a fastball?

Face palm....

engie
03-12-2015, 06:56 PM
I cant believe I read all this.

So someone truly believes that on an 0-2, you sit on a curve and react to a fastball?

Face palm....

It's just engie and his illogical thoughts**

The first page as a witness -- I begged him not to go down this road...

Aces High
03-12-2015, 07:00 PM
It's just engie and his illogical thoughts**

The first page as a witness -- I begged him not to go down this road...

Even if you spread your stance and "choke and poke", you still cant react to a fastball if you are looking for a curve.

Your only job on an 0-2 is to fight off the breakin ball so many times that the pitcher gets pissed.

Then you dump that meat he sends down the middle to right center.

Adam frazier use to get into 15 pitch counts all the time. No coincidence...

engie
03-12-2015, 07:04 PM
Even if you spread your stance and "choke and poke", you still cant react to a fastball if you are looking for a curve.

Your only job on an 0-2 is to fight off the brakig ball so many times that the pitcher gets pissed.

Then you dump that meat he sends down the middle to right center.

Tried to tell him that about 35 times... Even offered to provide a live-ball example multiple times. He's closer to "playing age" than the rest of us. Hell I haven't thrown a baseball this calendar year yet...

Suffice to say -- I'm the one being "willfully ignorant" here** He's right -- the other 20 of us are wrong**

MzTerry
03-12-2015, 07:11 PM

Smitty did you go to SHS?

Smitty
03-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Smitty did you go to SHS?

Tupelo

Smitty
03-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Again you are on time to send a fastball oppo. You can't pull a FB 2 strike but you will be more capable of handling the off speed. My whole premise.

I seen it dawg
03-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Nice job Smitty.

Really Clark?
03-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Again you are on time to send a fastball oppo. You can't pull a FB 2 strike but you will be more capable of handling the off speed. My whole premise.

Your premise is wrong. You cannot catch up to the fastball quick enough even if you are just anticipating offspeed. The signal to coordinate movement will not get there in time. If you get a piece of it it's fouled off into the first base dugout (RHH). Again, link a hitter or hitting coach (someone who is actually consider knowledgeable in this subject) that agrees with you that this a viable approach to hitting with 2 strikes regardless of situation.

Eta. What do you mean you CANT pull a 2 strike fastball? Let it get middle in and watch it get hammered to left. That has more to do with pitch location and situation of where I want to hit.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 07:34 PM

With the approach that everyone else on the planet uses you can hit both. Why make yourself extremely vulnerable when you don't have to?

I mean, you're disagreeing with Pete Rose and Ty Cobb for Christ's sake. I saw an thing on ESPN about Albert Pujols and his hitting approach- it's the same as every poster on here besides you. You're disagreeing with Albert Pujols. I haven't looked too hard, but I bet Ted Williams, Tony Gwynn, Rod Carew, George Brett have the same approach as well. And yet engie is "willfully ignorant"?

I know it has been said, but you don't understand how hard it is to go from slow to fast in literally a split second. It's nearly impossible- and that's why literally no one does it. It's easier for human beings to adjust off of a fastball because it's easier to go from fast to slow.

That's how a lot of hitters look bad- they look for a breaking ball and then they get a fastball. And then it's pretty ugly for the hitter. I don't know about others, but I was taught to always look for a fastball and then adjust. I guess the point was to eliminate a lot of the thinking so that you can focus on hitting what is thrown- which is not known usually unless a pitcher is tipping his pitches, signs are being stolen or it's a situation where they absolutely have to throw a fastball.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Nice job Smitty.

He has dug himself a four page and counting hole.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 07:36 PM
You guys' holdup is somehow that you have to speed your bat up for some reason.. You have a shorter swing AND are letting the fastball get deep to send it oppo… Stop trying to make it more complicated (or put words in my mouth) You are "on-time" to send a FB oppo with a shortened swing. The whole "can't catch up with a fastball" is fabricated out of thin air by you guys.. You aren't even reading, just assuming and attributing.

Just because you expect something doesn't mean you are sitting on it… It just doesn't. I expect Ryan Howard to pull the ball, but I don't move my LF to the right side of second.. That would be sitting dead red on a pull.

You give yourself a better chance of hitting/being on time with the off speed by shortening and going oppo with the fastball. You don't "sit fastball" in a two strike approach… Thats how getting out front/taking bad cuts at the off speed happen.. You have 2 strikes to sit and attack the fastball…

The responses are: Rainbowland… Yeah, and…. You didn't play the game!!!1!1!1!, show me, you cant sit on a curve (never said to), etc. etc. etc.

engie
03-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Again you are on time to send a fastball oppo.
Again -- that's not how the game works outside of your seat in the stands. Why are you so afraid that I could prove it to you(hence the total ignoring of the multiple offers)? Let's just call it what it is -- this is an aspect that I guess you simply are going to refuse to understand without at least some background in the sport. Why are you refusing to let me give you a little background? So, now you are stuck in a catch-22 -- and instead of admitting that a unanimous faction of people disagreeing with you -- many of which did play and some of which have coached -- probably understand something about this that is eluding you in your lack of real world experience -- you just dig your heels in on a topic that you can not win...

You can't pull a FB 2 strike but you will be more capable of handling the off speed. My whole premise.
Yeah -- if "offspeed" is an 85 mph split vs an 88 mph fastball. Anything more than that and your approach is simply invalid...

Smitty
03-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Again -- that's not how the game works outside of your seat in the stands. Why are you so afraid that I could prove it to you(hence the total ignoring of the multiple offers)? Let's just call it what it is -- this is an aspect that I guess you simply are going to refuse to understand without at least some background in the sport. Why are you refusing to let me give you a little background? So, now you are stuck in a catch-22 -- and instead of admitting that a unanimous faction of people disagreeing with you -- many of which did play and some of which have coached -- probably understand something about this that is eluding you in your lack of real world experience -- you just dig your heels in on a topic that you can not win...

Yeah -- if "offspeed" is an 85 mph split vs an 88 mph fastball. Anything more than that and your approach is simply invalid...

I completely disagree with you that you can't sell out to hitting the fastball oppo (letting it get deeper) therefore being more in time with the off-speed. And the "never played" meme is tired and worn.

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 07:44 PM
How is this thread still alive?

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 07:47 PM
You guys' holdup is somehow that you have to speed your bat up for some reason.. You have a shorter swing AND are letting the fastball get deep to send it oppo? Stop trying to make it more complicated (or put words in my mouth) You are "on-time" to send a FB oppo with a shortened swing. The whole "can't catch up with a fastball" is fabricated out of thin air by you guys.. You aren't even reading, just assuming and attributing.

Just because you expect something doesn't mean you are sitting on it? It just doesn't. I expect Ryan Howard to pull the ball, but I don't move my LF to the right side of second.. That would be sitting dead red on a pull.

You give yourself a better chance of hitting/being on time with the off speed by shortening and going oppo with the fastball. You don't "sit fastball" in a two strike approach? Thats how getting out front/taking bad cuts at the off speed happen.. You have 2 strikes to sit and attack the fastball?

The responses are: Rainbowland? Yeah, and?. You didn't play the game!!!1!1!1!, show me, you cant sit on a curve (never said to), etc. etc. etc.

That "some reason" is to hit the inside fastball while still being able to hit an outside fastball, breaking ball, etc. Again, why make yourself vulnerable if you don't have to?

You also don't "sit breaking ball either". You have to protect the plate. If it's close you have to swing, and if it's a pitch that's not good to hit, you have to foul it off until you get one to hit or the pitcher throws a pitch that's an obvious ball.

chef dixon
03-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Its almost unbelievable how many times things have been repeated in this thread as if typing it again will change someone's opinion.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 07:49 PM
How is this thread still alive?

Because apparently baseball is different in Rainbowland.

Really Clark?
03-12-2015, 07:50 PM
You guys' holdup is somehow that you have to speed your bat up for some reason.. You have a shorter swing AND are letting the fastball get deep to send it oppo? Stop trying to make it more complicated (or put words in my mouth) You are "on-time" to send a FB oppo with a shortened swing. The whole "can't catch up with a fastball" is fabricated out of thin air by you guys.. You aren't even reading, just assuming and attributing.

Just because you expect something doesn't mean you are sitting on it? It just doesn't. I expect Ryan Howard to pull the ball, but I don't move my LF to the right side of second.. That would be sitting dead red on a pull.

You give yourself a better chance of hitting/being on time with the off speed by shortening and going oppo with the fastball. You don't "sit fastball" in a two strike approach? Thats how getting out front/taking bad cuts at the off speed happen.. You have 2 strikes to sit and attack the fastball?

The responses are: Rainbowland? Yeah, and?. You didn't play the game!!!1!1!1!, show me, you cant sit on a curve (never said to), etc. etc. etc.

Your problem is you are always timed for fastball and adjust down for offspeed. It's a fundamental that you time fastball and work to adjust for offspeed. Unless it is a very very unique situation. You cannot time a fastball the way you are thinking. You just don't have enough time have an approach dependent on timing two different speed pitches. The difference of speed is too great. Do you know what shortening the swing actually means and is accomplished? Where do you actually hit the ball to square it up to hit it opposite field?

Oh, have you found anybody you can link that agrees with your approach? Haven't seen that from you yet.

Todd4State
03-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Its almost unbelievable how many times things have been repeated in this thread as if typing it again will change someone's opinion.

I know I shouldn't argue- but dammit there's just something about ignorance that pisses me off.

engie
03-12-2015, 07:53 PM
You guys' holdup is somehow that you have to speed your bat up for some reason.. You have a shorter swing AND are letting the fastball get deep to send it oppo…
That's what I said in my first post. That's not what you said with "anticipate the breaker"... And yes they are two different things.

Stop trying to make it more complicated (or put words in my mouth)
It is more complicated. No one is "making it" so. It's the reality of the game. You get so hung up on one-dimensional approaches to an infinite dimensional game...

You are "on-time" to send a FB oppo with a shortened swing.
How does this magically happen? What about "shortening your swing" puts you on time to go oppo with the fastball? Oppo is still an approach in and of itself separate from shortening the swing.

The whole "can't catch up with a fastball" is fabricated out of thin air by you guys.. You aren't even reading, just assuming and attributing.
No. You literally said you were "sitting on the breaker and adjusting to the fastball". = "Can't catch up to the fastball." Everywhere other than the rainbowland inside your head.

Just because you expect something doesn't mean you are sitting on it… It just doesn't.
In which case -- you can "expect" a curve all you want -- but you still always approach the pitch out of a pitcher's hand as if it's a fastball -- and then you adjust to the breaker. The inverse can't be accomplished. Hence your entire initial premise being a joke regardless of how much you try to slowly modify it to slightly less ridiculous terms now after you were unanimously disagreed with...

I expect Ryan Howard to pull the ball, but I don't move my LF to the right side of second.. That would be sitting dead red on a pull.
No -- that would be playing in rainbowland...
Risk -- reward.

You give yourself a better chance of hitting/being on time with the off speed by shortening and going oppo with the fastball.
Thanks for repeating my OP to me...

You don't "sit fastball" in a two strike approach…
Yes you do.

Thats how getting out front/taking bad cuts at the off speed happen.. You have 2 strikes to sit and attack the fastball…
Yeah -- and sitting curve is how guys get frozen at the dish as well... which is a bigger problem for us than 2 strike ole' swings at balls in the dirt...

The responses are: Rainbowland… Yeah, and…. You didn't play the game!!!1!1!1!, show me, you cant sit on a curve (never said to), etc. etc. etc.
Rainbowland -- never played the game -- scared to get in the cage against a bunch of has beens.

Reading about baseball on the internet doesn't make you any more proficient at understanding the game than reading about surgery makes me a doctor. But I'm not trying to tell someone that is an expert how to perform the surgery. There's stuff only real world experience can teach you -- a world you've never known.

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 07:53 PM

Hahaha so true!! I've only read four posts cause the other eighty are exactly the same thing just regurgitated

engie
03-12-2015, 07:54 PM
I completely disagree with you that you can't sell out to hitting the fastball oppo (letting it get deeper) therefore being more in time with the off-speed. And the "never played" meme is tired and worn.

Why don't you step up and show us that you played Dr Phillip Sandersen?

Smitty
03-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Your problem is you are always timed for fastball

You still are in 2 strike, just timed to let it get deeper and take it oppo. Better on time with off-speed because higher chance in that situation off-speed is coming. More chance of success. Forces pitcher to make a perfect pitch.. Too inside and HBP, too outside and its in RF or fouled off. Better timing on off-speed.

Ralph
03-12-2015, 08:00 PM
I was taught to always look fastball and adjust to off speed, especially in 2 strike counts. Sounds easy, but common logic tells a batter if he's seen 2 fastballs in a row he's going to see off speed next. This is where reading ball spin is very important as a batter.

My hitting coach was Pete Young fwiw

I seen it dawg
03-12-2015, 08:01 PM
I'll give you this...you damn sure dig in. As 100% wrong it is.

engie
03-12-2015, 08:01 PM
I know I shouldn't argue- but dammit there's just something about ignorance that pisses me off.

Same...

I'm letting it go now. It's too bad -- I was really trying to take Will's baseball thoughts seriously and starting to enjoy some of his posts. I'm afraid it will be impossible for quite some time after all of this...

Smitty
03-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Thanks for repeating my OP to me

So through 4 pages of Engineering you say this. It works better when you dont argue against strawmen or twist meanings..

Take the fastball oppo, shorten swing, better chance to time an off-speed in off-speed counts.

Really Clark?
03-12-2015, 08:10 PM
You still are in 2 strike, just timed to let it get deeper and take it oppo. Better on time with off-speed because higher chance in that situation off-speed is coming. More chance of success. Forces pitcher to make a perfect pitch.. Too inside and HBP, too outside and its in RF or fouled off. Better timing on off-speed.

No. The splits are too great between a fastball and offspeed. Unless a pitchers fastball and offspeed are within 6 mph (which means he is NOT an effective pitcher) you cannot react and make an appropriate swing to make contact. Even shortening the swing will not accomplish this. (Which is a main point I have in keeping bring up the fundamentals of a shortened swing, your are lacking a lot of understanding on this point alone).

Any links yet if anyone agreeing with your method?

engie
03-12-2015, 08:11 PM
My hitting coach was Pete Young fwiw

He never threw 80+ during short screen BP sessions -- virtually equivalent to a 95 MPH fastball did he? LOL

engie
03-12-2015, 08:13 PM
No. The splits are too great between a fastball and offspeed. Unless a pitchers fastball and offspeed are within 6 mph (which means he is NOT an effective pitcher) you cannot react and make an appropriate swing to make contact. Even shortening the swing will not accomplish this. (Which is a main point I have in keeping bring up the fundamentals of a shortened swing, your are lacking a lot of understanding on this point alone).

Any links yet if anyone agreeing with your method?

He's been told all of that 3 dozen times already... He's not going to get it... And he won't allow himself to be educated in the real world either... It's a lost cause...

engie
03-12-2015, 08:13 PM
So through 4 pages of Engineering you say this. It works better when you dont argue against strawmen or twist meanings..

Take the fastball oppo, shorten swing, better chance to time an off-speed in off-speed accounts.

But that's not even remotely your initial argument, now is it?

I seen it dawg
03-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Check out the new baseball poll

Smitty
03-12-2015, 08:18 PM
But that's not even remotely your initial argument, now is it?

If you would take the time to comprehend instead of pulling out the Engie playbook. My idea hasn't changed one bit. You assumed something and ran with it, again. Like always.

Ralph
03-12-2015, 08:22 PM
He never threw 80+ during short screen BP sessions -- virtually equivalent to a 95 MPH fastball did he? LOL

He did but not often. The guy's arm hurt so bad but hed throw bp for hours. He'd sneak in a fireball every now and then.

Really Clark?
03-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Smitty you said you expect offspeed and adjust to fastball in your initial post in this thread. Later you said "You should never be out front on a 2 strike approach, you're looking to be on time with the off-speed and adjust to send fastballs the other way/fight them off."

You are now trying to adjust your stance somewhat but you originally made a point that the hitter should be timed for off-speed.

engie
03-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Smitty you said you expect offspeed and adjust to fastball in your initial post in this thread. Later you said "You should never be out front on a 2 strike approach, you're looking to be on time with the off-speed and adjust to send fastballs the other way/fight them off."

You are now trying to adjust your stance somewhat but you originally made a point that the hitter should be timed for off-speed.

Nope, just engie spin**

Smitty
03-12-2015, 08:32 PM

Yes expect off speed.. I expect it more in a 1-2 count than 3-1 count so I take that into consideration in my approach.. I adjust to the fastball by shortening my swing and selling out to taking it oppo. If the guy makes a good fastball in and K's me so be it but thats the ONLY place I should K.

Ralph
03-12-2015, 08:33 PM

As a former pitcher, if I learned that was their approach at the plate, I'd hammer a two seam fastball high and tight on 2 strike counts. Fish in a barrel.

engie
03-12-2015, 08:33 PM
He did but not often. The guy's arm hurt so bad but hed throw bp for hours. He'd sneak in a fireball every now and then.

You must have been around him either before or after I was? I swear his arm was rubber for the time I was around...Could have been outside circumstances making it seem that way though...

engie
03-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Yes expect off speed.. I expect it more in a 1-2 count than 3-1 count so I take that into consideration in my approach.. I adjust to the fastball by shortening my swing and selling out to taking it oppo. If the guy makes a good fastball in and K's me so be it but thats the ONLY place I should K.

That's just not reality...

Smitty
03-12-2015, 08:37 PM
As a former pitcher, if I learned that was their approach at the plate, I'd hammer a two seam fastball high and tight on 2 strike counts. Fish in a barrel.

And I would hope to get a HBP or foul it off

I seen it dawg
03-12-2015, 08:42 PM
And I would hope to get a HBP or foul it off

Hahaha you ain't fouling off shit. And you might get an HBP...in the ****ing face because if you are even remotely looking breaking ball you are going to be leaning away a little. And I know you don't know this but a 2 seamer is going to bore in on you and head for...you guessed it...your ****ing skull as you head on out to the outer half looking for that 2 strike breaker.

shoeless joe
03-12-2015, 08:45 PM

The ability to successfully take a pitch oppo also depends on the location of the pitch.

And I do appreciate you using my term I taught you to describe this approach. If you keep reading and adjusting your point based on what you hear from some of the guys that have been around the game for 20+ years, played for some top tier coaches, and some who make a living in the game; then you may come out on the other end having learned a good deal about this great game and may even help make you a good poster.

Really Clark?
03-12-2015, 08:46 PM

Yeah except you cannot hit the fastball fair (if you even get a piece of it) when you state you are ON TIME for offspeed. That is what you state. That means you are timed for offspeed pitch. You cannot catch up with the fastball. Doesn't matter if you have shortened up the swing (again you are missing a key fundamental of why we shorten up the swing). Someone throws an 88 mph fastball and 74 mph change up and you are frozen dead. You cannot possible adjust up with that big of a speed difference.

Secondly, in two strike situation you are to protect the whole plate. That means you cannot concede inside. Another fundamental flaw. The concept is to protect ANYTHING close. Including the inside pitch. You do know its possible to hit the inside pitch opposite field right? Do you even know what is considered opposite field?

By and large the general concept is look fastball away, protect inside, react and foul off offspeed. Battle until the pitcher makes a mistake. He has the advantage with 2 strikes and 0 or 1 ball.

Still waiting on that link that agrees with you. Cant find one?

I seen it dawg
03-12-2015, 08:47 PM
The ability to successfully take a pitch oppo also depends on the location of the pitch.

And I do appreciate you using my term I taught you to describe this approach. If you keep reading and adjusting your point based on what you hear from some of the guys that have been around the game for 20+ years, played for some top tier coaches, and some who make a living in the game; then you may come out on the other end having learned a good deal about this great game and may even help make you a good poster.

Will never happen. He will never admit he doesn't know something. He's gone too far at this point.

Really Clark?
03-12-2015, 08:48 PM

Absolutely!

I seen it dawg
03-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Yeah except you cannot hit the fastball fair (if you even get a piece of it) when you state you are ON TIME for offspeed. That is what you state. That means you are timed for offspeed pitch. You cannot catch up with the fastball. Doesn't matter if you have shortened up the swing (again you are missing a key fundamental of why we shorten up the swing). Someone throws an 88 mph fastball and 74 mph change up and you are frozen dead. You cannot possible adjust up with that big of a speed difference.

Secondly, in two strike situation you are to protect the whole plate. That means you cannot concede inside. Another fundamental flaw. The concept is to protect ANYTHING close. Including the inside pitch. You do know its possible to hit the inside pitch opposite field right? Do you even know what is considered opposite field?

By and large the general concept is look fastball away, protect inside, react and foul off offspeed. Battle until the pitcher makes a mistake. He has the advantage with 2 strikes and 0 or 1 ball.

Still waiting on that link that agrees with you. Cant find one?

You keep hammering him with looking for a link. All the metric Internet shit he spouts off you would think he would have 50 articles at his fingertips.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 08:52 PM
The ability to successfully take a pitch oppo also depends on the location of the pitch. .

No doubt. But its the overall approach to maximize success.. Down 2 strikes and your likely ****ed either way it goes. Through 0-2 and 1-2 Mike Trout hit .213 last year.

Fastball in will give me fits but I make that a TOUGH pitch crowding the plate. If he makes it and I can't foul it then tip my cap.

I seen it dawg
03-12-2015, 08:54 PM
No doubt. But its the overall approach to maximize success.. Down 2 strikes and your likely ****ed either way it goes. Through 0-2 and 1-2 Mike Trout hit .213 last year.

Fastball in will give me fits but I make that a TOUGH pitch crowding the plate. If he makes it and I can't foul it then tip my cap.

Have you ever worn a cap to tip?

Smitty
03-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Have you ever worn a cap to tip?

The bill sometimes hits the cpu screen, when my face gets too close to the formula page

Really Clark?
03-12-2015, 09:09 PM
The bill sometimes hits the cpu screen, when my face gets too close to the formula page

Well while you are on the computer, how bout some links that agree with you.

shoeless joe
03-12-2015, 09:09 PM

You are making my original point from the game thread that started all this...

Batting a averages go WAY down once a hitter gets down two strikes. Questioning the approach early in counts is one thing but bitching about a guy that chases out of the zone with 2 is idiotic. You just quoted where trout, one of the best hitters in the world, has a much worse 2 strike avg.

Once you get down 2 there is no good way to get a hit. But if you try to adjust up vs adjust down then you have basically no shot to react and make any contact, if the bat even leaves your shoulder.

JohnnyQuid
03-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Hahaha you ain't fouling off shit. And you might get an HBP...in the ****ing face because if you are even remotely looking breaking ball you are going to be leaning away a little. And I know you don't know this but a 2 seamer is going to bore in on you and head for...you guessed it...your ****ing skull as you head on out to the outer half looking for that 2 strike breaker.

i laughed

Smitty
03-12-2015, 09:16 PM
You are making my original point from the game thread that started all this...

Batting a averages go WAY down once a hitter gets down two strikes. Questioning the approach early in counts is one thing but bitching about a guy that chases out of the zone with 2 is idiotic. You just quoted where trout, one of the best hitters in the world, has a much worse 2 strike avg.

Once you get down 2 there is no good way to get a hit. But if you try to adjust up vs adjust down then you have basically no shot to react and make any contact, if the bat even leaves your shoulder.

I'd just rather get beat on a great fastball in than chase a deuce in the dirt, a ball.

shoeless joe
03-12-2015, 09:20 PM

I laughed

Treemydawg
03-12-2015, 09:23 PM
The world is square** Cute theory you have there. On SBW -- I'll bring my catcher's gear -- we'll let ISeenIt or Coach warm up and throw for probably the first time in 15 years, Ref or someone else video it, and you sit dead red on their breaker. We'll see if you can fight off their fastball. That ought to solve it quickly and simply and actually give you a little perspective on the matter. Deal?

You can have the shortest swing in the world -- and if you are sitting dead red curve ball -- you aren't catching a fastball. Nevermind that if you are dead red curve -- you generally scoot up in the box and hit it before it breaks. Even an average highschool fastball is by you without a chance in this scenario. "In time with the offspeed and hit the fastball oppo" -- the only time this idea works is if you've got a guy throwing a cutter or splitter less than 5 mph off his fastball velo. Anything more -- and your theoretical approach won't even come close to working.

Yes this. Please please please let me throw there aint a snow balls chance in hell he could catch my fastball.

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 09:48 PM
I'd just rather get beat on a great fastball in than chase a deuce in the dirt, a ball.

Why swing at a deuce in the dirt? You'd have considerably more time to recognize its going in the dirt than you do to recognize its a fastball. .2 seconds is all you have to recognize fastball when it's a fastball and your entire argument is based on the assumption the player is able to do that therefore he'd have a much longer time to recognize its a curveball in the dirt. If I can recognize fastball I can definitely recognize curves in the dirt. Failed logic WJ.

Treemydawg
03-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Why swing at a deuce in the dirt? You'd have considerably more time to recognize its going in the dirt than you do to recognize its a fastball. .2 seconds is all you have to recognize fastball when it's a fastball and your entire argument is based on the assumption the player is able to do that therefore he'd have a much longer time to recognize its a curveball in the dirt. If I can recognize fastball I can definitely recognize curves in the dirt. Failed logic WJ.

You can probally cut the .2 seconds down to .instincts just basic human instinct there isn't a way to measure it in my mind a stop watch isn't fast enough to measure it. If your the batter at the plate and your thinking curve, split,change up there is no way in hell you are catching a FB and putting it into play, at least not coming from a arm with a velocity of 90+

Aces High
03-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Unless you have experienced it, you cant really comment. As mike tyson said "everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the face".

You cannot fathom how hard it is to hit a baseball

Smitty
03-12-2015, 10:01 PM

You have more time because you are shortening your swing and letting the fastball get deep. Giving you time to recognize the deuce in the dirt. Again the point is contact not smoking it with 2 strikes. When you sell out to adjusting your swing to hit the fastball oppo you have a better chance on the off speed for contact (when more off speed pitches are thrown)

Lessen your chance of contact on the fastball (inside) but increase your chance of contact on the off speed. With the % of off speed pitches increasing in a 0-2, 1-2, or 2-2 count you increase your chance of contact.

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 10:19 PM
You have more time because you are shortening your swing and letting the fastball get deep. Giving you time to recognize the deuce in the dirt. Again the point is contact not smoking it with 2 strikes. When you sell out to adjusting your swing to hit the fastball oppo you have a better chance on the off speed for contact (when more off speed pitches are thrown)

Lessen your chance of contact on the fastball (inside) but increase your chance of contact on the off speed. With the % of off speed pitches increasing in a 0-2, 1-2, or 2-2 count you increase your chance of contact.

.2 seconds is .2 seconds. Do you realize it only takes .4 seconds for a 90 mph fastball to hit the mitt? You can't process information that fast. I think what you're trying to say is to committ to the muscle memory of learning an opposite field slap approach on 2 strikes. No matter what this is the swing you use. Because I know you can not possibly be proposing the expectation for the hitter to be able to process curve/fastball and then change his swing from slap to full swing. It's not humanely possible dude.

Really Clark?

You keep spewing this idea with absolutely no justification. Do you even know where you are hitting the ball to go opposite field? Traveling deep in the zone is NOT what you are thinking it is. The time differential is incredibly small. And for the millionth time, you do not adjust up for the fastball. The speed deferential is too great to possibly catch up. You don't have a clue what shortening your swing means, how its accomplished and the expected results.

Any links yet? Still waiting to read about this advance technique taught by professionals.

Dawg61
Unless you have experienced it, you cant really comment. As mike tyson said "everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the face".

You cannot fathom how hard it is to hit a baseball

Excellent post

Smitty
03-12-2015, 11:15 PM
.change his swing from slap to full swing. It's not humanely possible dude.

Again, another wtf...

Its really not that hard. Shortened swings. Oppo with the fastball, letting it get deep. Closer to on time with off-speed. Still shortened swing putting the ball in play. With a higher % of off speed pitches you adjust your approach to have a higher % of balls in play with 2 strikes.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 11:25 PM
And aGAIN it's not "sit-on" or "time" breaking ball and "change" when you recognize fastball......... It's selling out to the overall approach of not getting beat by the off-speed and taking a oppo approach. Fastballs inside are the weakness, everything else is handled.

You are able to foul off, make contact, not K on middle-out fastballs..... You are able to handle the off-speed stuff better, not out front... Simple. These aint big league arms for the most part and certainly not at the current time. They won't locate every pitch every time. Hell the bigs dont! You take my approach and when he puts that fastball away it's contact to RF. You don't get beat on a curve in the dirt, you better your chances of putting off-speed pitches in play. It truly sounds exactly like what others are saying except I'll take a risk on a fastball in where others say its okay to swing at that curve in the dirt. At this level mistakes will be made..

A curve in the dirt is much easier than a fastball in with a hitter up on the plate. Any asshole can drop a curve down... Takes a pitch to bust that fastball in. Ask Gridley and Pirtle.

Dawg61
03-12-2015, 11:39 PM
Again, another wtf...

Its really not that hard. Shortened swings. Oppo with the fastball, letting it get deep. Closer to on time with off-speed. Still shortened swing putting the ball in play. With a higher % of off speed pitches you adjust your approach to have a higher % of balls in play with 2 strikes.

Your and idiot. You swing differently depending the pitch. That doesn't necessarily mean you wing for more power either. Meaning a swing needed for a successful hit off a fastball is different from a swing needed for a successful hit off a curve. There isn't some magical plane a hitter must swing in for him to be successful on BOTH curve and fastball. Your argument is getting more dumb by the minute.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Your and idiot. You swing differently depending the pitch.

Hands stay back on off-speed sure. That is lessened in 2 strike because you're selling out to the opposite side. More on-time with off-speed. This is absurdly easy to understand.

I want maximum chance for contact with 2 strikes. Sacrifice a little on the fastball to add a little on the off-speed. Logical, as the % of off-speed pitches rises.

DawgPoundtheRock
03-12-2015, 11:55 PM
Will, you should have taken Engie's advice and let this go on the first page. There are truisms in every sport, and looking fastball with two strikes is one of baseball's. It's a moot point and has been for decades. You didn't have much baseball credibility to begin with. Now you have none. If you had ever set foot on a baseball field, you would understand.

Smitty
03-12-2015, 11:59 PM
Will, you should have taken Engie's advice and let this go on the first page. There are truisms in every sport, and looking fastball with two strikes is one of baseball's. .

You ADJUST and look to hit it the other way letting it get deeper... Your zone of contact is moved backwards.. This means the off-speed will be deeper and you will be less out front.. This is because you will get more off-speed in a 2 strike count... So you need to increase your chances of contact.... And be more on-time with the off-speed... So you don't strikeout...

Smitty
03-13-2015, 12:05 AM
Why would you want to be out front of an off-speed pitch on a 0-2, 1-2 count? When they're more likely to come.

You don't want to take the same approach as the MLB at this level. We don't have 7 guys ready to go yard so them still trying to crush a fastball with 2 strikes isn't worth the K risk. Adam Dunn? sure. Chris Davis? go ahead..... Gridley, Heck, Brown, Robson, Smith, Rea (new swing), Holland... No.

Really Clark?
03-13-2015, 12:29 AM
You ADJUST and look to hit it the other way letting it get deeper... Your zone of contact is moved backwards.. This means the off-speed will be deeper and you will be less out front.. This is because you will get more off-speed in a 2 strike count... So you need to increase your chances of contact.... And be more on-time with the off-speed... So you don't strikeout...

And where is that contact zone? Do you know? What is the reaction time difference between that and offspeed? I guess though if we keep at it he will keep changing his stance little by little until it's correct. When will you admit to your change in this thread?

Links?

Smitty
03-13-2015, 12:46 AM
When you aren't worried about the fastball in you can start your swing later, allowing for a higher % of contact on the off-speed.

Again, simple concept.

Smitty
03-13-2015, 12:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTJrf2dFK5Y

Selling out to the outside. Even goes into fouling off the inside fastball, playing the odds on that pitch as I've stated. Not out front on the off-speed stuff..

Good video here.

Really Clark?
03-13-2015, 05:21 AM
When you aren't worried about the fastball in you can start your swing later, allowing for a higher % of contact on the off-speed.

Again, simple concept.

That you have changed from your original stance. You originally said you expect offspeed and adjust to fastball in your initial post in this thread. Later you said "You should never be out front on a 2 strike approach, you're looking to be on time with the off-speed and adjust to send fastballs the other way/fight them off." To be on-time on the offspeed means that you are timed for that speed. Then adjust up for the fastball. These are your words that you are now trying to twist and have not acknowledged were incorrect. Because you cannot react fast enough. Your words not anyone else's. Until you admit you were wrong originally no one will accept those statements as the same as you are portraying now. You held on to a false premise until you finally understood that NOBODY hits or teaches hitting to base their general 2 strike approach looking to be on time for offspeed.

The video below is fine. He is talking about looking away which if you recall I stated that that is a great general approach many pages earlier. He at no point was LOOKING offspeed. Which is your original premise that you will not admit you have backed off from. He is reacting offspeed because if he recognizes offspeed he can slow down his swing enough to still make contact. The speed difference between a fastball and offspeed is too great other wise. And this idea that generally the ball is getting deep to go opposite on fastball will still have you out front of an offspeed without recognition. The time is to great between those differing speeds. Because you never answered a lot of the questions posed to you about opposite field here is a fundamental key you keep missing. The swing path is what matter in hitting opposite field much more so than delaying your timing letting the ball get deeper on you. You keep your timing almost the same whether you are pulling a fastball or going opposite. You are just swinging with an inside out swing. You can hit inside pitches opposite field and to quote the great Ted Williams once he learned to hit 2 strike inside pitches opposite field then he became a great hitter. The actual ball location on pull, straight or opposite are all in front of you front leg to at worse equal to the front knee. The actual timing difference between these three contact points are too small to actually consciencely make an adjustment. The getting the ball deep is a trigger for us to mentally prepare our body for the correct swing path and gives us a different eye path that registers you are hitting the ball much later. You have to still be geared for the fastball and adjust down for offspeed which is what everybody who has been arguing with you knows. You are going to still argue you are right, and your stance now is closer, but is NOT your orginal premise. You changed it because you finally figured out it won't work.

To be clear, a shorter swing and hitting to opposite field still puts you out front of an offspeed pitch unless you adjust down for that speed. The timing difference is too great. You cannot take your normal opposite field fastball swing and hit an offspeed without slowing down your swing. Unless the pitch is within 6 mph of the fastball. Of course that is not a good offspeed either. Forget getting a piece of a 15-20 mph slower speed change up.

MzTerry
03-13-2015, 05:22 AM
Tupelo

Under the will James moniker you claimed to be from SHS... Anyone have a screenshot of that??

I seen it dawg
03-13-2015, 05:50 AM
Under the will James moniker you claimed to be from SHS... Anyone have a screenshot of that??

Oh shit...

I seen it dawg
03-13-2015, 05:54 AM
Smitty you've been totally exposed as a fraud. So much so that you've completely changed your stance. Only because it was beaten into you. You're smart just to let it go but feel free to keep slamming that face into a brick wall its working for you. I imagine by now you are on your backup keyboard.

Smitty
03-13-2015, 06:59 AM

I did you're right. I've said a few schools I believe over the years. Not trying to become famous here (radio shows..articles), a few posters know me, which is cool meeting some of y'all, but I've always taken this as a fun thing on the side.

engie
03-13-2015, 08:41 AM
Why outright lie about that? Why not just avoid the question altogether in the same way you do about never having played the game -- or otherwise being called out to demonstrate your approach for us? If you are going to lie about that -- why not lie and say you played semi professionally or something else to try to give yourself a baseball background?

This really has become hilarious now. You think people are going to put the pieces together on who you are based on attending a 5A public school?

sandwolf
03-13-2015, 09:23 AM
Why outright lie about that? Why not just avoid the question altogether in the same way you do about never having played the game -- or otherwise being called out to demonstrate your approach for us? If you are going to lie about that -- why not lie and say you played semi professionally or something else to try to give yourself a baseball background?

Haha, I was wondering the same thing.

Bubb Rubb
03-13-2015, 01:01 PM
Why would you want to be out front of an off-speed pitch on a 0-2, 1-2 count? When they're more likely to come.

You don't want to take the same approach as the MLB at this level. We don't have 7 guys ready to go yard so them still trying to crush a fastball with 2 strikes isn't worth the K risk. Adam Dunn? sure. Chris Davis? go ahead..... Gridley, Heck, Brown, Robson, Smith, Rea (new swing), Holland... No.

Nobody, at any level, including Adam Dunn and Chris Davis, is sitting fastball 0-2 with the intent of going yard or crushing the ball. They are sitting fastball 0-2 because their odds of putting the ball in play increase exponentially. All of the choke up, move up on the plate, and shorten your swing talk is correct...you want to do those things at 0-2. But you still look fastball. If you look curve and you get the fastball, you're grabbing pine. Every time.

You talk like swinging and missing at an 0-2 curve in the dirt is this unforgivable sin. Every player has done it. The great Tony Gwynn didn't strike out much, but he occasionally chased one. You're not going to magically put a curve ball in play just because you're looking for it.

Your whole approach is retarded, and your explanation for it is doubly-retarded. Your consistent defense of it makes me hope you never reproduce.

I seen it dawg
03-14-2015, 01:00 AM
I did you're right. I've said a few schools I believe over the years. Not trying to become famous here (radio shows..articles), a few posters know me, which is cool meeting some of y'all, but I've always taken this as a fun thing on the side.

Damn that's just straight up douche bag. Did you really just do that?