PDA

View Full Version : Basketball '15-16

msstate7
03-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Whether Ray is the coach or not, I wanna see a few things next season from certain players:

1. Sword -- cut out the TO's! He's our best player, but he kills us at times with TO's.

2. Ready -- more assists. I really wanna see more scoring out of this position too whether it's ready or tookie

3. Ndoye/black -- get stronger this offseason so they can help out with post defense and rebounding. Neither should be relied upon for scoring next season.

4. Houston -- need a major jump from him. He's got star potential, but wildly inconsistent so far. If we wanna get postseason next season, Houston has to emerge

5. Daniels/fred -- let the winner of this battle be the energy man off the bench. Pick one and play him though.

6. Zuppardo/Fred/Daniels/dunlap -- we've got to have a couple of these guys hit 3's consistent enough to get teams out of zone. If we get teams out of zone, sword can eat teams up.

7. Weatherspoon -- he hasn't been here so I can't say he has to improve, but we need him to be as good as advertised.

smootness
03-12-2015, 01:58 PM
I don't think Sword's TOs are really a problem anymore. When you play his style of game, it will always lead to a couple bad plays a game, but he's cut way down on them over the last two years.

We definitely need to see a few guys really step up, whether they're freshmen or not. If Houston can become a quality player for us, Black steps up as a reliable guy, and Tookie, Weatherspoon, and Zuppardo all provide what is expected (good, solid minutes) then we have a chance to take a real step forward.

We didn't win enough games this year, no question. But I actually think we won more than we should have in Ray's first year, and it wasn't a true indication of where we were. We got blown out a TON that year. We've made improvements, but we've only put ourselves on the verge of several more wins rather than capitalizing on them. I definitely think we can win 20 next year, but it won't be easy.

thf24
03-12-2015, 02:03 PM
I still think Daniels can be a marquee player for us if he can put it together upstairs. He's not the most talented wing ever, but he's got skill in areas in which more and more college basketball players and teams are beginning to lack, and that could go a long way if he can find consistency.

shannondawg
03-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Anybody else got the gut feeling that Fred might transfer?

Goat from MSU
03-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Yes , Ray is a ass wish it was him that would leave
Anybody else got the gut feeling that Fred might transfer?