PDA

View Full Version : Nigel kmott

MitchD24
03-11-2015, 08:55 AM
What's the word on him. He's got to be a major priority in this class

Leroy Jenkins
03-11-2015, 09:25 AM
Knott is an OM legacy, right? Have to think that initially gives them a leg up.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Get comfortable it's going to be a while. If he stays instate I like our chances but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we left the state. I do know he's Mullen #1 guy overall on his board.

sandwolf
03-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Knott is an OM legacy, right? Have to think that initially gives them a leg up.

Yea, but I think his dad played under Tony Hughes at OM and they are really tight.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Yea, but I think his dad played under Tony Hughes at OM and they are really tight.

Correct & his sister currently runs track for MSU.

jumbo
03-11-2015, 09:59 AM

this

and this are in our favor. this will be a battle until NSD. there is very good chance Knott ends up as the top player in state

starkvegasdawg
03-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Get comfortable it's going to be a while. If he stays instate I like our chances but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we left the state. I do know he's Mullen #1 guy overall on his board.

Always interesting when people talk in 3rd person.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-11-2015, 10:26 AM

I see where Demetric Warren CB'd him to Bama back in February and he's pretty accurate on those, especially the MS kids . If you had to guess, how confident is the staff they can keep him in state?

Leroy Jenkins
03-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Cool, didn't know that.

ShotgunDawg
03-11-2015, 10:53 AM
I see where Demetric Warren CB'd him to Bama back in February and he's pretty accurate on those, especially the MS kids . If you had to guess, how confident is the staff they can keep him in state?

He's not really all that accurate. He crystal balled Leo to Bama, MSU, and LSU last year including CBing him to LSU the weekend before signing day.

Warren's crystal ball pick generally may indicate who has the momentum, but he hasn't been all that accurate at predicting the final destination, especially when the kid likely has no clue

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Honestly on Nigel I think it's too early to tell what he's going to do or wants to do. He's getting offers literally every day. He's going to see who all offers visit as many schools as he can then set up his 5 OV's. I also wouldn't be surprised if he didn't take OV to MSU or OM esp MSU since he's been around MSU so much. His 1st time to visit OM was last summer for their camp so it's not like he grew up on OM or anything.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-11-2015, 11:01 AM
He's not really all that accurate. He crystal balled Leo to Bama, MSU, and LSU last year including CBing him to LSU the weekend before signing day.

Warren's crystal ball pick generally may indicate who has the momentum, but he hasn't been all that accurate at predicting the final destination, especially when the kid likely has no clue

Well he does lead the 247 experts by a wide margin and Leo Lewis is just one example of the many predictions he has made where he didn't stick with the original guess. I'd say he has a pretty good idea of what options are available for the MS kids and bases his predictions off of that.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Honestly on Nigel I think it's too early to tell what he's going to do or wants to do. He's getting offers literally every day. He's going to see who all offers visit as many schools as he can then set up his 5 OV's. I also wouldn't be surprised if he didn't take OV to MSU or OM esp MSU since he's been around MSU so much. His 1st time to visit OM was last summer for their camp so it's not like he grew up on OM or anything.

I know we've been doing better of late, but we've got to keep guys like him and other elite MS prospects from leaving the state. I just don't think we can have sustained success against someone like Bama when they already have many more advantages and we lose depth and talent to them.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Well he does lead the 247 experts by a wide margin and Leo Lewis is just one example of the many predictions he has made where he didn't stick with the original guess. I'd say he has a pretty good idea of what options are available for the MS kids and bases his predictions off of that.

Demetric is a good dude & he really knows the MS kids & they trust him but going by the 247 CB thing isn't a great choice. The reason Demetric leads is because he CB every kid & he puts in his predictions so far ahead of anybody else because the further out you predict the more points you get. So if he guesses right on a kid he gets way more points than anybody else & if he sees that a kid is going in another direction he just switches the pick late & still gets it correct.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2015, 11:06 AM
I know we've been doing better of late, but we've got to keep guys like him and other elite MS prospects from leaving the state. I just don't think we can have sustained success against someone like Bama when they already have many more advantages and we lose depth and talent to them.

I'm no longer worried about more than 1 or 2 top guys leaving the state. It just doesn't happen anymore. Kids see they can stay at home at MSU or OM & compete for SEC titles.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Demetric is a good dude & he really knows the MS kids & they trust him but going by the 247 CB thing isn't a great choice. The reason Demetric leads is because he CB every kid & he puts in his predictions so far ahead of anybody else because the further out you predict the more points you get. So if he guesses right on a kid he gets way more points than anybody else & if he sees that a kid is going in another direction he just switches the pick late & still gets it correct.

Fair enough, but I still think his CB's about MS kids have more merit than his others due to his relationships throughout the state of MS.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Fair enough, but I still think his CB's about MS kids have more merit than his others due to his relationships throughout the state of MS.

I agree there but ultimately his CB's are just how the kid is feeling at that time. That's why he changes his CB's about as often as any of the other guys. He's usually just 1st with his predictions because he's actually getting truthful info from the kids.

AlSwearengen
03-11-2015, 11:28 AM
I'll admit that it is still a little early in the recruiting cycle for me, but why haven't I seen more talk about this kid if he has a chance to be the top player instate? I figured Metcalf would get that label.

Statefan
03-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Just surfing the top recruits in MS on 247, what's the story on the DT from Meridian Raekwon Davis? Seems like a lot of his CB's were for us before he committed to Bama. Don't we have a commitment from one of his teammates? I realize Meridian so close to the border than being an in-state recruit may not be a big deal

jumbo
03-11-2015, 11:53 AM
I'll admit that it is still a little early in the recruiting cycle for me, but why haven't I seen more talk about this kid if he has a chance to be the top player instate? I figured Metcalf would get that label.

because he's just starting to blow up nationally. he recently was at a combine and Barton Simmons was there evaluating in person and he's the one that said he could keep rising after debuting on 24/7 as a 4* 95.

hailmari
03-11-2015, 11:55 AM
We have two safties from meridian. Om has a WR. I think Davis is the guy that still has his position yet to be determined.

preachermatt83
Always interesting when people talk in 3rd person.

man that is freaking hilarious.

Ifyouonlyknew
Just surfing the top recruits in MS on 247, what's the story on the DT from Meridian Raekwon Davis? Seems like a lot of his CB's were for us before he committed to Bama. Don't we have a commitment from one of his teammates? I realize Meridian so close to the border than being an in-state recruit may not be a big deal

I'd be very very surprised if Davis doesn't end up a Dawg. I also believe he'll end up at OT instead of DT. It's just so hard to play DT at 6'7" plus I think with his athleticism he could be an NFL OT.

smootness
03-11-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't have much information to offer other than the fact that I've seen a lot of State people who feel fairly confident about our chances with Knott. But honestly, these threads should just consist of Ifyouonlyknew giving us all the information and everyone else just listening and accepting it.

All I have to say is that Nigel Knott is one freaking awesome name.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-11-2015, 12:56 PM
I'd be very very surprised if Davis doesn't end up a Dawg. I also believe he'll end up at OT instead of DT. It's just so hard to play DT at 6'7" plus I think with his athleticism he could be an NFL OT.

Meridian currently has 4 prospects committed to SEC schools. Do you think all of them are SEC players? Do you see Jones and Linton both ending up in the MSU class? Crazy to see 2 safety prospects off the same team committed to one school.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Meridian currently has 4 prospects committed to SEC schools. Do you think all of them are SEC players? Do you see Jones and Linton both ending up in the MSU class? Crazy to see 2 safety prospects off the same team committed to one school.

Yes I think all 4 are SEC guys. I'm not worried about Zaire at all. I'm not really worried about Lenton either he just doesn't talk much.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2015, 01:03 PM
these threads should just consist of Ifyouonlyknew giving us all the information and everyone else just listening and accepting it.

Definitely not. There's a lot of guys on here with great recruiting info. I'm just a small voice.

Todd4State
03-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Personally, as long as Tony Hughes is in our corner, I feel good about our chances of getting Knott. It's not a slam dunk and I do expect it to go down to the wire, but I like our chances.

One thing that is in our favor is having two senior CB's as well if he's interested in early playing time.

I feel good about Raekwon Davis as well.