PDA

View Full Version : Before anyone bitches about it

Todd4State
03-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Reid Humphreys was taken out of the game after he couldn't straighten his elbow after being hit by a pitch. Don't look for him to play Weds.

SDDawg
03-10-2015, 11:45 PM
If there's a way to bitch about it, someone will find it with this baseball team. I know we're two years removed from the CWS, but we've got Bama-level insanity happening with some of our baseball fans. Time to correct that.

Ralph
03-11-2015, 07:46 AM
C34 is singing from the mountaintops.

maroonmania
03-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Reid Humphreys was taken out of the game after he couldn't straighten his elbow after being hit by a pitch. Don't look for him to play Weds.

Man, apparently the Rick Ray injury curse is bleeding over on to the baseball team. Wes Rea misses time after a HBP and now looks like Hump will as well. Michael Smith goes out after running the bases on a double. And of course we still don't have Collins back fully yet.

missouridawg
03-11-2015, 10:44 AM
If there's a way to bitch about it, someone will find it with this baseball team. I know we're two years removed from the CWS, but we've got Bama-level insanity happening with some of our baseball fans. Time to correct that.

We really do have some loony baseball fans.

Ralph
03-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Speaking of Collins... Any chance he stays in OF? With lovelady 2nd in nation in throwing out stolen base attempts it's awful hard to take him out, but Collins bat...

Todd4State
03-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Speaking of Collins... Any chance he stays in OF? With lovelady 2nd in nation in throwing out stolen base attempts it's awful hard to take him out, but Collins bat...

I suppose there is a chance, but the plan for now is for Collins to take back over at catcher.

For Collins to stay in RF, Lovelady is going to have to hit a little bit better- he's not been bad and I'm not saying he is a bad hitter- but our OF has Cody Brown, Robson, Vickerson all hitting better than Lovelady and then you have guys like Humphreys and Rooker who have power fighting for time as well- not to mention Michael Smith. So, it's more of a numbers game than anything.

Todd4State
03-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Man, apparently the Rick Ray injury curse is bleeding over on to the baseball team. Wes Rea misses time after a HBP and now looks like Hump will as well. Michael Smith goes out after running the bases on a double. And of course we still don't have Collins back fully yet.

We've definitely had our share of BS injuries. And it's mostly been our power hitters which sucks.

smootness
03-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Sure, sometimes our fans can become a little insane and over the top. But that is a very good problem to have, especially in college baseball. You want fans who are passionate, engaged, and dedicated. That's what we have, and it will always lead to some taking it too far.

I guarantee you Cohen wants fans voicing displeasure because it means they care and are invested. It's why we're about to blow away the entire country with our stadium.

State82
03-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Sure, sometimes our fans can become a little insane and over the top. But that is a very good problem to have, especially in college baseball. You want fans who are passionate, engaged, and dedicated. That's what we have, and it will always lead to some taking it too far.

I guarantee you Cohen wants fans voicing displeasure because it means they care and are invested. It's why we're about to blow away the entire country with our stadium.

Excellent point. I've said many times that you will be hard pressed to find a better college message board with regard to baseball discussion than this one. Good or bad.

Todd4State
03-11-2015, 03:24 PM

Definitely agree that having fans that care is more good than bad.

berr6728
03-12-2015, 12:03 AM
You got to be kidding me. It will be a great empty stadium. No one under 40 years old with a family of 4 will be able to afford to buy and attend games. Half of our season is played in 25 to35 degree weather so attendance will be very poor.

smootness
03-12-2015, 02:08 AM
You got to be kidding me. It will be a great empty stadium. No one under 40 years old with a family of 4 will be able to afford to buy and attend games. Half of our season is played in 25 to35 degree weather so attendance will be very poor.

Ok. Sorry, but this campaign against the new stadium is insane.

Yep, tickets will be so expensive no one can attend. We're talking $10,000/year or more for season tickets. Yep.

maroonmania
03-12-2015, 12:36 PM

At least with the new stadium perhaps more folks that DO buy tickets will actually show up. Apparently our tickets are TOO cheap right now because lots of people seem to be buying them in the grandstand with very little intention of ever attending many games.

Tbonewannabe
03-12-2015, 01:08 PM
What about Swinarski? Is he a year away or is he so raw is it going to take more?