PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen

Todd4State
03-10-2015, 11:28 PM
I hope this weekend and today were aberrations.

That said, I still think Daniel Brown should close. I trust Fitts and Ross. We should see Paul Young soon- and he will come out of the bullpen at least to start. Let's all hope he is legit. I haven't given up on Dakota Hudson or Zac Houston. Levi Mintz is starting to earn my trust. Myles Gentry needs to pick it up- I'm not sure that he's 100% yet.

preachermatt83
03-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Good Post

confucius say
03-11-2015, 02:54 PM
I hope this weekend and today were aberrations.

That said, I still think Daniel Brown should close. I trust Fitts and Ross. We should see Paul Young soon- and he will come out of the bullpen at least to start. Let's all hope he is legit. I haven't given up on Dakota Hudson or Zac Houston. Levi Mintz is starting to earn my trust. Myles Gentry needs to pick it up- I'm not sure that he's 100% yet.

I trust nobody in our pen other than Ross, Sunday's sh** show notwithstanding. D brown has good stuff but I don't trust him. mintz is a quality matchup guy with his off speed stuff and fitts is at least gutsy, but none of them have shown enough where I feel comfortable with any of them.

Todd4State
03-11-2015, 02:58 PM
I trust nobody in our pen other than Ross, Sunday's sh** show notwithstanding. D brown has good stuff but I don't trust him. mintz is a quality matchup guy with his off speed stuff and fitts is at least gutsy, but none of them have shown enough where I feel comfortable with any of them.

That's pretty much where I am. I don't blame Ross for staying out there too long- that wasn't his fault.

preachermatt83
03-11-2015, 03:12 PM
I fully trust Daniel Brown. He is filthy. Very Lindgrenesque

Hypnodawg
03-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Ross should have been given the nod when we had the ump with the huge strike zone (Friday). Ross has excellent ability to locate and could have destroyed them with a strike zone that is barely above the ankles. Conversely, an ump calling balls an inch above the knees (Sunday) is killer for Ross. Making him throw his 80mph stuff right over the plate will not turn out well. Was that an aberration or do some umps have huge strike zones? If we know which ump we are getting, we should plan accordingly.

Todd4State
03-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Ross should have been given the nod when we had the ump with the huge strike zone (Friday). Ross has excellent ability to locate and could have destroyed them with a strike zone that is barely above the ankles. Conversely, an ump calling balls an inch above the knees (Sunday) is killer for Ross. Making him throw his 80mph stuff right over the plate will not turn out well. Was that an aberration or do some umps have huge strike zones? If we know which ump we are getting, we should plan accordingly.

We know who the umps are, and a lot of times we are probably going to know what to typically expect as far as a strike zone. But until the game starts you really don't know what they are going to call- however we're talking about a relief pitcher here so we'll know in advance what the strike zone is before he is brought in.

confucius say
03-11-2015, 03:52 PM
I fully trust Daniel Brown. He is filthy. Very Lindgrenesque

I agree he has good stuff, albeit I need to see more before I put him up there with lingo. But I think he threw a ball away on a pick off yesterday and gave up back to back home runs. I can't fully trust that.