PDA

View Full Version : Aints Trade Graham to Seattle in a Shocker..

RougeDawg
03-10-2015, 04:47 PM
Reportedly getting center Max Unger and a 1st round pick in return. Most of the players are shocked and it is only story on local news.

sleepy dawg
03-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Saints giving up 4th rounder too.

RougeDawg
03-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Saints giving up 4th rounder too.

Yes, doesn't sound like a good deal for us. Appears they are cleaning house, cutting costs, and trying to build through they draft. The defense was putrid last season and now we are getting rid of one of the most productive offensive players in the league. From the way things look now, it may be a longer season in 2015 than it was in 2014.

Graham was due a $5 mil roster bonus in a few days. Not sure who is making and why these moves are being made.

smootness
03-10-2015, 10:18 PM
I like this move for both teams. The Saints need to blow it up and use the cap space and draft pick to improve the defense and running game.

It also gives the Seahawks another elite talent at a big position of need, and the cost really is manageable and for the next several years. This will help Russell Wilson a ton.

msstate7
03-10-2015, 10:27 PM
I like this move for both teams. The Saints need to blow it up and use the cap space and draft pick to improve the defense and running game.

It also gives the Seahawks another elite talent at a big position of need, and the cost really is manageable and for the next several years. This will help Russell Wilson a ton.

The saints need to go ahead and trade brees now while he has some value.

EnterpriseDawg
03-11-2015, 02:15 AM
I would have traded Brees before Graham. He's become a turnover machine. What big targets does he have now, now that Graham is gone besides Colston? Oh well, at least I got to see them win a superbowl before I died. How many seasons do we have to watch the Rob Ryan project fail before he gets canned? The last two seasons set records as the worst defenses in NFL history. You'd think that would be enough. I swear this is all part of a plan to get rid of the organization.

Dawgface
03-11-2015, 07:38 AM
Yep, the Saints are headed back to what we all grew up knowing. The Aints.

SaltyDawg
03-11-2015, 08:07 AM
I'm as big a Jimmy Graham fan as any, but I actually like the trade. It doesn't matter who Brees has as a target if he's on his back right after the snap.

We cleared cap space, sured up the O-Line with an All-Pro center (who has won a Super Bowl) and got a 1st round pick. Brees, IMO, is a Brady type where he can throw to anyone given he has time. I hate to see Graham go, but I think it was a good trade. People who don't follow very closely just see it as "Oh my God, they traded Graham", but the trade make sense.