PDA

View Full Version : Craig Sword voted 2nd Team All-SEC

thf24
03-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Small bright spot for the basketball season I suppose.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Congrats to him, that's a nice honor after he started the season injured.

HancockCountyDog
03-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Small bright spot for the basketball season I suppose.

Im ready for him to announce that he is going to go play overseas and get paid instead of playing next year. Im 70% joking;

thedawg
03-10-2015, 01:27 PM
If he does that it's a matter of when not if.. Hell it probably already is

smootness
03-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Sword has developed into a really good player. I think in order to really compete, you need to be 7-8 deep with quality players and to have at least two really good ones.

So going into next year, I think we have one proven really good player (Sword) who will hopefully take another step forward, along with two quality players (Ware and Ready) and two borderline quality players (Houston, Thomas).

So in order to be competitive next year, which I take as a .500 or better conference record, we need both Houston and Thomas to become true quality players (or at least one), we need to add an additional 3 or 4 quality players, and we need for somebody to step up and become really good.

If, say, Ware fully realizes his potential, Houston and Thomas both take a step forward, and Zuppardo, Tookie, and Weatherspoon can step onto the court right away as quality guys, I think we can do it.

Still, it's asking a lot. We really need just about everything to go right next year and to finally have some good luck within the program. We also really need to see some guys develop. Black is another who has a chance to become a quality guy, but he'll have to really improve offensively.

sleepy dawg
03-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Congrats to Sword, and kudos for his damn hard work. There is a lot of negatives about this team, but lack of hard work isn't one of them.

headcoach98
03-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Im ready for him to announce that he is going to go play overseas and get paid instead of playing next year. Im 70% joking;

I've been telling myself this since beginning of the season, I fully expect him to go play overseas and forgo his senior year. At the same time I hope he comes back to MSU next season.

smootness
03-10-2015, 03:35 PM
I've been telling myself this since beginning of the season, I fully expect him to go play overseas and forgo his senior year. At the same time I hope he comes back to MSU next season.

Why on earth would people think this is a possibility?

Tbonewannabe
03-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Congrats to Sword, and kudos for his damn hard work. There is a lot of negatives about this team, but lack of hard work isn't one of them.

I will say RR gets great effort. Come on down Stan Jones. He helped Stans greatly so why not RR.